Discovery Gaming Community
Dual Boot Advice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Dual Boot Advice (/showthread.php?tid=118876)

Pages: 1 2

Dual Boot Advice - SMGSterlin - 08-06-2014

So just got a new 2 TB harddrive, and I want to experiment with dual booting.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep my current 1 TB HD with Windows 7 Home Premium as my main. Mainly because I don't think my recovery discs will work with a new hard drive, and I want to keep a legit version of Windows on my PC.

But for my other hard drive, what OS do you guys recommend? Windows 81? Windows 7 Ultimate? Linux?

I've also heard you can put Android on a computer. I might partition my 2 TB HD into two 1 TB segments, and try tri-booting, just cause.

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-06-2014

DELETE

RE: Dual Boot Advice - 7AlphaOne1 - 08-06-2014

Same old trekking boots. best for everything.

RE: Dual Boot Advice - Luke. - 08-06-2014

And you wonder why you get slapped by admins, Snak3.

I have 7 home Premium and 8.1 on their respective hard drives. Rarely use the 7 but hey, it's useful if this one dies.

RE: Dual Boot Advice - Corile - 08-06-2014

Quote:But for my other hard drive, what OS do you guys recommend? Windows 81? Windows 7 Ultimate? Linux?
Dual booting is a wonderful way to keep the sinking boat of Windows only for the tasks you need while also ascending to Linux (#linuxmasterrace).

I would personally reccommend switching over to either Ubuntu if you haven't had any experience with Linux before or Crunchbang if you had used Linux previously. Both are pretty good and pretty easy to use, but you might get a bit lost without a very useful for newbies Ubuntu Software Centre (installing programs off the command line is very simple but intimidating to some people).

Quote:I've also heard you can put Android on a computer. I might partition my 2 TB HD into two 1 TB segments, and try tri-booting, just cause.
You know this is something like having coloured water in your toilet. You can, but what's the point?

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-06-2014

DELETE

RE: Dual Boot Advice - Luke. - 08-06-2014

Still a request for advice and you're still continuing to be a knob about it.

RE: Dual Boot Advice - SMGSterlin - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 03:07 PM)Protégé Wrote:
Quote:But for my other hard drive, what OS do you guys recommend? Windows 81? Windows 7 Ultimate? Linux?
Dual booting is a wonderful way to keep the sinking boat of Windows only for the tasks you need while also ascending to Linux (#linuxmasterrace).

I would personally reccommend switching over to either Ubuntu if you haven't had any experience with Linux before or Crunchbang if you had used Linux previously. Both are pretty good and pretty easy to use, but you might get a bit lost without a very useful for newbies Ubuntu Software Centre (installing programs off the command line is very simple but intimidating to some people).

Quote:I've also heard you can put Android on a computer. I might partition my 2 TB HD into two 1 TB segments, and try tri-booting, just cause.
You know this is something like having coloured water in your toilet. You can, but what's the point?
Noted.

(08-06-2014, 03:51 PM)Luke. Wrote: Still a request for advice and you're still continuing to be a knob about it.
If I actually cared about people not spamming in my thread, I wouldn't have put it in Flood.

You're right though, Snak is still a douche. (sun)

RE: Dual Boot Advice - Misfit - 08-07-2014

Linux is god

RE: Dual Boot Advice - Corile - 08-07-2014

Quote:Linux is god
i c waht u did thar