Discovery Gaming Community
To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) (/showthread.php?tid=119061)

To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) - Mao - 08-11-2014

[Image: mildra_trans.gif]

Greetings from Bretonia,

I'm Mildra Marte, representing The Watchers of Gaia. One of your transports met us yesterday in Manchester and proposed a deal between our groups. You don't like being asked for credits or cargo and we don't like several things so, maybe you will agree with the following:

Tinkers & Transportation agrees:
☼ not to help terraforming projects in any way;
☼ not to transport these commodities: terraforming gases, drill bits, gaian wildlife, alien organisms, fertilizers, mining machinery, luxury consumer goods, cardamine, tourists, vacationers, liquid cardamine, floragro, nox and any kind of ore;
☼ not to get involved with any mining activity that takes place in Bretonia;
☼ to offer medical assistance to The Watchers when asked to do so;
☼ not to do anything that could break the natural balance of systems, planets, asteroid fields or non-alien life forms.

The Watchers will:
☼ not ask for credits or cargo unless T&T breaches the terms of this agreement.

Use this channel to reply. It's encrypted.

RE: To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) - FynnMcScrap - 08-11-2014

[Image: TampTtb_zps38c4b146.png]

Greetings, Mildra Marte,
and well met again.

FynnMcScrap here, speaking as Foreman of Tinker & Transport.

Actualy I remember our meeting quite well as I was standing next to the Skipper of the Tinkers.Pride , as I do frequently if I find the time.

I respect the Watchers of Gaia , as I understand that Junker communitys as a whole mostly have a good - if neutral - standing with the Gaian movement. And as we levy our living from flying through all those places where human lack of respect has filled space with scrap or toxic waste and often listen to the crackle of the radioactivity we do see the problems the Gaian speakers call out so empathically.

Jet I am a man of honour, and so I can not simply agree to the suggestions you sent us.
Though we do not have any interest in Terraforming or the transportation of terraforming gases, we do carry following machinery on a regular basis, as it is sometimes needed for our work : Drill bits and mining machinery are not only used to work on stone or ore, but sometimes are needed while removing debris or the remains of space instalations.

Also we are on friendly terms with one of the bretonian Companies ( BMF ) , so I can not agree to this point as well. Even though we do not transport ore or machinery for them, we will not spurn friends to find other friends. Only a turncoat would do such. But we will not be directly involved in any mining activity in Bretonia.

We have a strict code of conduct against cardamine or liquid cardamine, so I see no problems here. And the only passangers we transport are refugees or civilian casualties of the many conflicts in the sirius sector. We offer no spa and cruise when we supply our medical support to all in need. But we are apt at flying agile Freighters with heavy armour through dangerous zones while under fire, so we offer MedEvac services.

So. We are willing to help all who do not shoot at us, and we see no problem in offering this service to any Gaian Pilots or their families if the need arises. As I told you at our meeting in space : I will not argue philosophy, I am a practical man. I will set no *to do or not to do* list , as common sense often is enough to decide what has to be done in any given moment. If you agree not to shoot at or even destroy our ships that is enough for me.

We will offer medical assistance to the Watchers if asked to. Same as we would offer any human these services.

I am sorry that this might not be the answer you expected, but it is the only answer I can give.

As long as Gaian pilots treat our Traders and Scrappers decently , we will repay these favours , meaning specificaly that we will dispatch our highly trained ( but unarmed ) Ambulance crews with needed pharmaceuticals and supplies if you ask for them.

If that means we will be taxed occasionly we are prepared to pay, as long as you do not threaten the lives of our Pilots.

I greet your opening this communication and will set access code in ComNet to high priority, so that if you have specific complaints about one of our Pilots or want to reach me directly the message will be transferred to me regardles of my location.

Even if both of us chose a different way to do things, I suspect we have one thing in common : We both try to make Sirius a better place to live in.

FynnMcScrap

[Image: TampTte_zpse12cde9d.png]

RE: To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) - Mao - 08-12-2014

[Image: mildra_trans.gif]

*Mildra appears on the screen, visibly angry*

You shouldn't have said that you're working with BMF... Those dirty miners are my main targets right now and unless they pack their bases and take it away from Birmingham Ice Field I will have no rest and hunt them down and everyone who helps or works with them.

You say you want to change Sirius, make it a better place? I don't see how working with BMF helps you achieve those goals. I know how BMM works... they already destroyed Leeds and Dublin. Now their pets are targeting to destroy Manchester's natural balance. Nah, not on my watch and not with your group helping them.

Normally we don't do these kind of deals. Your affiliation with the Junkers and the fact that you wanted to help people gave you an edge over our normal targets. But I know better now. This transmission was a mistake from our part...

We don't need your medical aid. We have everything we need on our own bases and if supplies fade away, we're going to use natural cures. You can take your MedEvac ship and shove it up your...

Wait! I'm going to give you one last chance. To show you I'm not an evil witch as you probably think. Cease your cooperation with BMF and you will not be treated as a priority target. Fail to do that and you'll suffer consequences... You will go bankrupt if we catch your transports in Bretonia again. Take your time and think about this, Fynn, think carefully.

RE: To: Tinkers & Transportation (T&T) - FynnMcScrap - 08-12-2014

[Image: TampTtb_zps38c4b146.png]

Greetings, Mildra Marte,
And well... Im sorry you react this way.

If it is a mistake to say the truth to you, I would like to ask you a Question :
Should I have lied ? Is that your honour ?
Does being spat at, shot at, mistreated and mistrusted mean I have to be the way others want me to be ?

I am no special friend of mining or BMM , only of the BMF Pilots. I have a Brother there after all, name of Fortinbras.
I will not turn a traitor on my Brother. Would you ?

The answer will tell more about you and your Ideals than you would want it to.
And a choice at gunpoint is no choice.

FynnMcScrap

[Image: TampTte_zpse12cde9d.png]