Discovery Gaming Community
Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=119222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 08-15-2014

Hey there, I know there was a bit of talk about this mod but all the threads seem rather old.
So I'm making a new one rather than resurrect an old one.

As some of you may know 'Sins of the Sirius Sector' is a Freelancer based mod for 'Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion'

I'm the guy making the mod. I've always enjoyed the Disco community although I've usually been a silent member. I also appreciate the fact that many of the modelers for Discovery have been generous in allowing me to use their models in my mod.

Anyway, I'm just posting this to let those interested know that the mod is progressing well. The current Alpha has both Liberty and Rheinland playable, though still not fully complete.
There is still a lot of work to do making abilities, icons and orbital stations etc.

I'm currently working on Bretonia and hopefully in a month or two the next update will be ready for release, adding them into the playable factions.

I've also been getting a lot of really good voice actors and should eventually be able to have completely custom voices for all units.

If anyone wants to contribute to the mod then feel free to contact me on Moddb.
Also, feel free to add any feedback or suggestions in regards to the mod!

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - fpsdoug - 08-15-2014

Never played Sins, but I've heard it is really fun and I'm glad to see someone expanding the influence of Discovery Freelancer into another game. I hope all goes well with your project and kudos for doing it!

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Savas - 08-15-2014

Been following your work for a while, best of luck in completing the mod.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Mao - 08-15-2014

Wow... Damn cool! Didn't know there's such a mod for SoSE. Might give it a try soon.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Fluffyball - 08-15-2014

I didn't know there's such mod for SOASE. O_o Okay for know, for which version of Sins? Diplomacy? Entrenchment?

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 11:24 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I didn't know there's such mod for SOASE. O_o Okay for know, for which version of Sins? Diplomacy? Entrenchment?

Rebellion

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Chuba - 08-15-2014

as i am fan of Sins of solar empire rebellion i will download this mod Aww Tongue

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Fluffyball - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 11:31 AM)wintercross Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 11:24 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I didn't know there's such mod for SOASE. O_o Okay for know, for which version of Sins? Diplomacy? Entrenchment?

Rebellion
Ah, so I am out of question. My PC won't run it. :|

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 12:14 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 11:31 AM)wintercross Wrote:

Rebellion
Ah, so I am out of question. My PC won't run it. :|

I'm sorry to hear that. Is it a specs issue or steam issue?

The main reason I made the mod in Rebellion is because of allowing Starbases to jump between grav wells.

I'm using that to make 'flagship' variants of each houses battleship that has Starbase-like upgrades and such.

Hopefully in the future you'll be able to run Rebellion and play the mod.
Who knows, might be finished by then =P

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Sciamach - 08-16-2014

You still looking for voice actors?