Discovery Gaming Community
Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=119222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 11-14-2014

I actually wouldn't mind doing a HW2 version when I get the HD remakes.... won't be any time soon though, I want to finish this one first.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 11-15-2014

(11-13-2014, 07:18 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Wish there was something similar for Homerworld 2 too. Oh well.

Good work so far. I've tried it a little when there were just Liberty and Rheinland. It is interesting, but the Ai in their endgame just spam cruisers en masse, found myself in a losing attrition war (not that I'm good in rts in any way).

Quote:On an unrelated note, how do you plan to work things like freighters, tradelanes/jumpgates, etc into the game?

I think trade shows up after building some trading annexes in a few bases. I guess system to system travel is like jumpholes, but can't recall if there were remote warpgates that you could build to connect/jump to faraway systems.

Yeah, when you build trade ports at more than one planet, it will spawn trade ships that will travel between all your 'trade routes'.
If the ships are destroyed, your trade income per second drops until it is rebuilt (which is automatic)

Because of the way Sins works, trade lanes and jump gates aren't really possible... so in-mod lore wise trade lanes and jumps gates have failed without explanation. Luckily Ageria Tech developed upgrades to Cruise drives that allow faster travel, and also a system for super-charging the cruise drive when in close proximity to a star.

Jump holes can be replicated since sins has 'wormholes' so they will be an option once you get jump hole stabilisation research.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Just.Dave - 11-15-2014

Well have to say so far it not bad still need work done. Some ships and the way they attack could be fix e.g like the Lib dread with pipe sticking out the side. Only i hoping for it some more ship to fill the gap but i like how you made the snub a unit so good luck looking forward to see how it turn out.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 11-15-2014

(11-15-2014, 03:49 AM)Just.Dave Wrote: Well have to say so far it not bad still need work done. Some ships and the way they attack could be fix e.g like the Lib dread with pipe sticking out the side. Only i hoping for it some more ship to fill the gap but i like how you made the snub a unit so good luck looking forward to see how it turn out.

Yeah, well I had to make the Dread a broadside since sins doesn't support true turrets, and the Dread's vanilla hardpoints would look pretty bad and have horrible angles without moving turrets.

The mod is still very alpha, I'm mostly focused on getting all the ships in at the moment.. I will be going back later on and improving balance and AI as best I can.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Cælumaresh - 11-19-2014

Cant wait for Kusari ships.

BANZAI on Rheinland, Liberty and BretLand

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Gypsie Skripto - 11-19-2014

Dude, I've got SoaSE on my wishlist so I can buy it whenever it's on sale just to try out this thing, which looks AWESOME.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - SnakeLancerHaven - 11-19-2014

Actually , you could customize random events that are present on SoaSER. Like, Tekagi's Base on special places.

I wonder, are you going to make the Nomads as a playable faction? Also, the TEC rebels have this "Truce amongst Rogues" feature, which instantly makes any rebel or pirate neutral. This feature could be added to the Nomads as "Infestation" and all those would be infectees, hehe. Well first htings first. First ships then the research features. Would be nice to have something freelancerish on the research List, but I'm sure it's already hard to get the ships inside functionally, so take your time.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - wintercross - 11-20-2014

(11-19-2014, 11:53 PM)Snake Wrote: Actually , you could customize random events that are present on SoaSER. Like, Tekagi's Base on special places.

I wonder, are you going to make the Nomads as a playable faction? Also, the TEC rebels have this "Truce amongst Rogues" feature, which instantly makes any rebel or pirate neutral. This feature could be added to the Nomads as "Infestation" and all those would be infectees, hehe. Well first htings first. First ships then the research features. Would be nice to have something freelancerish on the research List, but I'm sure it's already hard to get the ships inside functionally, so take your time.

Yeah, the Nomads will be playable. However, due to some mechanics I am going to implement you should only ever have one Nomad player (either AI or Human).

They will have an ability that will take control of any neutral Nomad or Nomad Cult units.

The Research will be altered a fair bit, the plan is that the majority of it is not research per say, but 'Corporate Contracts' and implementing government policies etc.

For example, Liberty will have Corporate Bids from Ageria Tech to improve weapons and cruise speed, or Deep Space Engineering to develop new orbital structures.

So in that way I can slip in references to the important corporations from Freelancer.
Also, things like the Refineries (now Supply Depots) and Trade Ports will be run by the appropriate Corporation.
So Rheinland for example will have a Republican Shipping trade port, and a Kruger Minerals Supply Depot.

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Cælumaresh - 11-20-2014

[Image: CLuJD1Z.jpg?1]

RE: Sins of the Sirius Sector: A SOSE mod based on Freelancer - Zynth - 11-25-2014

Whoa, just saw this. Amazing.

Back when I played Sins, I used to name my planets after Freelancer planets for lulz. This makes me feel like picking up Sins again.