Discovery Gaming Community
OutCast & Nomad lore - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: OutCast & Nomad lore (/showthread.php?tid=119500)

Pages: 1 2

OutCast & Nomad lore - VinitS - 08-22-2014

Whats the reason behind outcast nomad neutrality??? the lore i mean.....

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Sath - 08-22-2014

I am not so sure about it. But I guess it was [101]st were the first ones to establish some neutrality towards nomads. They also have this liquid cardamine stuff which might be a variant of cardamine and would have been the product of outcasts.

Not sure though.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Treewyrm - 08-22-2014

Answers would depends on whom you'd ask.

It's an odd type of neutrality. Because it's not like when say houses make public statements of cease-fire or something. Not like there is Nomad Government™ to make an announcement on neuralnet or something. There aren't even any traditional diplomatic channels between the two, there isn't trade between them. And yet something is happening from time to time. There's a lot strange to it but that's how it should be. Speculations and rumors. Is it related to cardamine? Is it because of geopolitics and avoiding having unnecessary confrontation with a neighbor? Is there conspiracy going on? Is it about some ancient traditions? Or is it about purely pragmatical way dealing with it? May the two neither have interests that collide nor interests that they share, but may be some do. Perhaps neither reason is the reason to be but all each in their own part contribute and depending on period of history. How you'd make your character interpret it is up to you.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Tenacity - 08-22-2014

Cardamine changes the DNA of those who abuse it. Outcasts live on a world where cardamine is in the air, the water, the food, and they're in contact with it every waking moment for their entire lives. They undergo fundamental physiological changes due to interaction with cardamine.

It's rumored that cardamine was initially used by the Daam K'vosh in some relation to the creation of the Nomads. It is known that Liquid Cardamine acts like jet fuel for nomads, greatly enhancing their bio-energy capabilities and telepathic/psionic strength.

There's no solid answer, but my view on it was always that Nomads can sense the presence of cardamine in outcasts, and that sense tells them "these beings are touched by the same ones that created us". Nomads are fully aware that outcasts are human, but they feel less human to their senses, so outcasts do not appear openly hostile to them.

Outcasts themselves have no connection to the nomads (other than certain religious cults in outcast society that worship them as spirits), but over the years they've realized that the nomads view them differently than other humans, and wont attack at first sight - outcasts might use this to their advantage from time to time, especially the religious fanatics, but they still have to take care not to behave in any hostile manner towards the nomads or invade upon their territory, or that neutrality vanishes.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Tunicle - 08-22-2014

Do certain nomads not just like the cardamine like candy?

In same system I have been attacked by nomads and not attacked. In the not attacked scenarios I normally have cardamine and they like to be fed it, especially the "young" ones.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Thyrzul - 08-22-2014

As far as I (ooRPly) know Cardamine has the same (or similar) genetically enhancing effect on both Humans and K'Hara, only the latter doesn't suffer from any negative side-effects while the former does. It was engineered by the Daam K'Vosh for the Slomon K'Hara to consume, but apparently half of Hispania's crew also managed to land on a planet covered with the orange plant. Because of Cardamine genetically altering both species similarly, they become more similar, and to my knowledge this similarity results in the Maltese being the only group of (super)humans the K'Hara don't want to kill on first sight. I could be wrong, however.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Sciamach - 08-22-2014

Outcasts started encountering Squids when they started appearing in their ship graveyard. The noms flew near there given its proximity to a jumphole to their space. The OCs started viewing them as spirits, guarding the dead, while in actuality, they guard their space, being the territorial motherfuckers they are.

Anytime an OC encounters hostile nomad NPCs, you are considered to be in "Their space", which is why the OC restarts are set to red. Nomads disregard the Outcasts so long as they stay out of their space, so you're fine until you enter into Omicron-90 from Alpha.

K'Hara players should know this, and will act accordingly inRP

So while they shouldn't attack outcasts outside of nom space, they still can

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - Thyrzul - 08-22-2014

Their space? Isn't the whole sector supposed to be theirs should humans have not jump here with their sleeper ships? I'd (ooRPly) expect the K'Hara to claim at least whole Sirius as their own.

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - VinitS - 08-23-2014

(08-22-2014, 09:33 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
It was engineered by the Daam K'Vosh for the Slomon K'Hara to consume

Umm..so Malta Was a Testing Facility for Daamm K'Vosh...and Humans stumbled upon their facility..interesting...

RE: OutCast & Nomad lore - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 07:59 AM)VinitS Wrote:
(08-22-2014, 09:33 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
It was engineered by the Daam K'Vosh for the Slomon K'Hara to consume

Umm..so Malta Was a Testing Facility for Daamm K'Vosh...and Humans stumbled upon their facility..interesting...

Not the first time, check Manhattan and various other systems which contain Daam K'Vosh stuff.. Makes sense kinda, since the Daam K'vosh prepared everything in sirius for the Nomads, but the Humans "accidently" appeared before the Nomads could even explore 30% of those artifacts.