Discovery Gaming Community
implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP (/showthread.php?tid=119703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - Pvt.Pirate - 08-27-2014

Hi, i already wrote this, but apparantly in the wrong subforum:
it would be nice to have Ingamevoice for easier RP.
this can be rather easily handled by using Mumble and implement it to the game.
this can give you many features like directional voice (and optional louder and lower dependant on distance).
additional key for private/group voicechat.
noone can listen when not in the system/group.
it could easily be implemented in the next official mod-release.

i know of a prominent example of a game(mod) using this: "Battlefield 2: Project Reality".
I bet if their developers are asked how to get this running for FL too, they would give advice and links to all necessary information.

RE: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - SnakThree - 08-27-2014

Bad idea for many reasons.

The most basic one is that sound is not mandatory to play here.

RE: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - Fluffyball - 08-27-2014

I'd rather write down RP than speak it up. I have a very weird British-like accent.

RE: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - Findarato Veneanar - 08-27-2014

We have a huge following of deaf people here at DiscoGC, it would make them feel left out if we added in-game voice chat.

RE: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - Papa Oomaumau - 08-27-2014

Heh, 12 year old battleship commanders squeaking out their 'Halt' orders would make me laugh and ruin the RP environment, not improve it.

RE: implementation of Ingamevoice for better RP - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 10:14 AM)Pvt.Pirate Wrote: Hi, i already wrote this, but apparantly in the wrong subforum:
it would be nice to have Ingamevoice for easier RP.
this can be rather easily handled by using Mumble and implement it to the game.
this can give you many features like directional voice (and optional louder and lower dependant on distance).
additional key for private/group voicechat.
noone can listen when not in the system/group.
it could easily be implemented in the next official mod-release.

i know of a prominent example of a game(mod) using this: "Battlefield 2: Project Reality".
I bet if their developers are asked how to get this running for FL too, they would give advice and links to all necessary information.

Perfect idea, I like it. I don't think they'd be left out, they still can write it down if they don't feel to voice chat.

Also I've been thinking to use this as an "*Sending Voice Transmission*" stuff. Like you know in many Sci-Fi movies, you get msgs and then there is an attempt for "Video Transmission" and if you accept you talk to each other.

The player could still deny if he/she doesn't want to speak. Kinda like a trade request. However talking like NPCs would be fun too you know Smile, whenever you talk, your hitbox would get yellow like NPCs talking.

All in all, noone would be left out, since it's all inRP, I mean you can't go say in chat "Dude why are you not talking?" stuff, so it doesn't matter. You can either write your RP or speak.

(08-27-2014, 04:13 PM)Snake Wrote: The player could still deny if he/she doesn't want to speak.

I mute the game. Someone RPs via voice. Engages me without writing a single word. I report it. Headachke for admins.

Honestly, the game is fine as it is.

(08-27-2014, 04:17 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 04:13 PM)Snake Wrote: The player could still deny if he/she doesn't want to speak.

I mute the game. Someone RPs via voice. Engages me without writing a single word. I report it. Headachke for admins.

Honestly, the game is fine as it is.

That's why you'd see the sign (yellowish white color) if he's actually speaking and you could PM him "dude I've my game muted". I'm sure that the person which doesn't see you responding would first try to write in chat before he engages you like "Hmm I wonder if he even understood me.", this way there wouldn't be any issue.

Also like I said, like a trade request so even if you have your game muted you still can deny it and you'll recieve a request. Could be an option too, to make it like a trade request, a voice request or something, this way the problem would be solved.

Actually like the NPCs, when they directly contact you, you hear their voice very clean and see a window pop up with their face talking to ya, but when they speak to others, you hear it a lil unclean (not necessarily but like from far away).

What if the other player refuses to type?

Honestly, leave it be. This will never happen.

(08-27-2014, 04:19 PM)Snak3 Wrote: What if the other player refuses to type?

Honestly, leave it be. This will never happen.

I think we should give it at least a try... Also if he refuses to type, then there will definitly be a rule of course which you then can report him.