Discovery Gaming Community
Yet another moves forward... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Yet another moves forward... (/showthread.php?tid=119745)

Pages: 1 2 3

Yet another moves forward... - Johnathan Nox Carter - 09-03-2014

Greetings, members of the Discovery GC.

It is with deep regret that I must announce my departure from these realms. To be fair, it's been an awesome experience for quite a few good years... and I am happy to know that I've made some friends here, that I've helped however i could, that I had fun.

There are some of you who don't even know me, some who know me too well... some I'm glad I've met and some that I didn't get the chance to meet but wish I could have, either in-game or via skype.

Alas, truth is that the following year in my life will be... difficult, to say the least. Because of this I really have to cut down on games, especially those which are time-consuming, such as Freelancer. So, I'm leaving...

With regard to my fellow faction members:
  • The Angels - you folks have been awesome from day one. I didn't have the luck of being introduced into the game by one of the Angels when i started here [although, modesty aside, i didn't need introducing anyway; i just know how things work, basically]. But since i've joined your ranks I've helped a lot of people and I had a great time chatting with you all.
    I bid you farewell and I hope you will continue to do the same great job you are doing!
  • The Colonials - well... call me a soft heart, call me a wuss, but i love you all! CR has has had a place in my heart ever since I was a Warrant Officer. I climbed up the ladder [with the help of others *cough* Summer *cough*] and eventually became your leader. I'm proud to have had this chance, even if it didn't last longer.
    I've arranged for someone to take my place as 1iC and i'm confident he'll do a great job. Anything else is also probably settled, so there are no loose ends to tie up.
    Good luck onwards! Good hunting!
  • Other factions - well, I've been in a lot, and i've had fun with all of you, Commonwealthians, Order Agents, Coalitioners, IMG, Libertonians, and many more. Have fun and keep up the good work you're all doing.
As for the vultures who will be asking "what about your stuff?" - i might give some away to certain people, while i might keep some of my ships and cash, just in case i get the chance to occasionally/eventually return.

Anyways, this is... "see you later!" to everyone. If we won't see each other around here, maybe at least on the next platform [such as Star Citizen or something], who knows. Fare thy well!

Signed, John Nox Carter - the Colonial Angel

(09-08-2014, 04:31 PM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote:
Thanks for the warming words, lads.

And... for those I am leaving behind... here's this:

o7, ladies and gentlemen!
[yes, it's real - no photoshoppin']

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Eduard - 09-03-2014

Au revoir, Nox!

It was most entertaining flying alongside you... from the very beginning since we dabbled in other... dimensions to today.

Hope we will meet again in the future.

RE: Yet another moves forward... - King Owl - 09-03-2014

Why you did this my borther! Had such nice moments with you.
Good luck

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Cashew - 09-03-2014

Good luck man, I hope you return one day. Angel

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Connor - 09-03-2014

Best of luck to you Nox. There'll always be a spot for you in the Angels!

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Havok - 09-03-2014

o7 We Salute you Nox.

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Johnathan Nox Carter - 09-03-2014

* Johnathan Nox Carter sheds a tear.

That's actually awesome, Nik. Thanks. Smile

(09-03-2014, 10:08 PM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: * Johnathan Nox Carter sheds a tear.

That's actually awesome, Nik. Thanks. Smile

The least I could do. Smile

RE: Yet another moves forward... - Apollon - 09-03-2014

That's not fair, We still haven't settled that pew earlier.

Good luck Johnathan, You will be missed, a lot.

P.S: Make sure to come back. there is no running away from your responsibilities.

Just remember Nox.

[Image: 0d850675a0b63d5cf1046e591c5de8e0ae2d1175...99f798.jpg]