Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again (/showthread.php?tid=119751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Thyrzul - 09-02-2014

Gallia going against Liberty is not an opinion, it is a fact. What was your point at all, Snak3, if not that Solar might find it problematic to work in Libertonian territory?

EDIT: Instead of b*tching about how I discard opinions different than mine for being different simply because you ran out of reasonable points to come up with you could actually try to look for something with an solid basis to counter my ideas with. You know, something more logical than "even despite Liberty is a common enemy of both Gallia and Rheinland, a Gallic corporation can't cooperate with Rheinland because that would mean intruding Libertonian territory, even despite the god damn Gallic Royal Navy doing pretty much the same without much concern about the feelings of Libertonians".

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - VinitS - 09-02-2014

(08-28-2014, 01:38 PM)daniyalcooldude Wrote: Funfact: there is also a Jumphole still going from Hamburg to Bering. Why not use that?

do you know size of a Turtle? and The Asteroid field Surrounding the Jump Hole?

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Echo 7-7 - 09-02-2014

How would Rheinland be able to afford two pairs of new Gallic Jump Gates? They're already a hefty expense without considering the enormous distance between the two Houses.

Revitalizing the Rheinland economy in some way could come handy. Rheinland is already in a good relation with Kusari, Kusari with Gallia, and even despite the distance, there has been some RP about opening up connections between Gallia and Rheinland. I'm sure Rheinland got a lot of resources to offer while Gallia is pretty much in need of that, and from more commerce happening between the two even Kusari could profit. The three houses could form a nice trade alliance at least, which could become a bit more later. Not saying repairing the gates would be one of the first stuff to happen in this chain of events, but chosing a goal like this could definitely align Rheinland towards rebuilding their economy. And in the meanwhile Rheinland authorities could have a new frontier in the Omegas against Corsairs and Hessians while trying to secure the resources they intend to trade with, not letting RNC caps collecting dust due to lack of Texas raids.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Jack_Henderson - 09-02-2014

I think that the wrong questions are being asked when it come to "How can the gates be rebuilt?"

The non-functional gates are not the main problem.
Nor is the lack of ingame money to repair them.

The problem is that due to the logical irp changes, on server gameplay suffered.

So there are 2 fixes:

> repair the gates (that's difficult due to above mentioned issues)
> change the jumphole route to be:

a) attractive
b) short
c) possible to take with caps easily
d) in short: not discouraging raids.

Therefore...

... holes could be moved closer to lanes.
... placed outside of asteroid fields

One could even think about a stunt like:

Liberty pulls a few lane rings into a postion to lead towards the hole? Technically, that should be easily possible.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - DragonLancer - 09-02-2014

Sorry Jack but you are wrong.
This is a gameplay issue not a RP one.

I'm still not convinced that eliminating one pew opportunity from the many causes this massive gameplay issue. Neither RM/RNC, nor LN/LNS are left without targets to shoot at.

DELETE - SnakThree - 09-02-2014

DELETE

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - WesternPeregrine - 09-02-2014

The gates on the Hamburg side are still intact, right? Why don't the Rheinlanders just deploy some jumpgate drop-off beacon on the other side, and make the intact gates unidirectional? The gates are important to start the jumps, but on arrival they are just a destination reference, or something.

Rheinland launches an operation in Bering and Hudson through the jumpholes, navigate near the former jumpgates (but outside of the wreckage area), and deploy the beacons/satellites). Soon larger RHeinland capitals can enter the systems (but not return that way, and Rheinland has some objectives to defend outside of Hamburg.

Liberty could have a forward (non dockable) outpost in the system, and that would be their defense point. Then take rp consequences from eh successful attack and defenses of each side, or something.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - larzac - 09-02-2014

Well, even if i like the idea Peregrine, it would be crazy to do something like that.
How do RM do if they need to retreat?
I would like to see an easier way between rheinland and lolberty but i dont see any way how you could explain inRP that you choose to do a unidirectional gate without retreat (same for LN if people ask).