Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again (/showthread.php?tid=119751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - An'shur - 09-02-2014

(09-01-2014, 09:24 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Rheinland and their 1-inrp warship

1-inrp warship? Do you mean Westfalen? What about other NPC Rheinland battleship bases and official [RM] and BDM| vessels? Do they even exist? Or in general.. do player owned official ships exist in roleplay?

(09-02-2014, 01:09 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 08:59 PM)Anshur Wrote: Bump... Please, can you give me answer on this?

(09-01-2014, 05:23 PM)Anshur Wrote: Also, what is developers' plan with Münster base module which is now in New Hampshire???

That depends... have RM or other factions RP'd attempting to recover it?

Seems no, but it is great if Rheinland players can RP for getting it back.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - WesternPeregrine - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 12:44 PM)larzac Wrote: Well, even if i like the idea Peregrine, it would be crazy to do something like that.
How do RM do if they need to retreat?
I would like to see an easier way between rheinland and lolberty but i dont see any way how you could explain inRP that you choose to do a unidirectional gate without retreat (same for LN if people ask).

Obviously my suggestion just focused on dealing with the gameplay issue of RM Turtles being impaired to reach out from Hamburg.
The idea came from the jumpgate mission in starlancer. a Alliance search party is surprised by a sudden wormhole open by the coalition in the same area they were operating. The rest is another story, not important here.

In terms of rp, there are many issues before "what would RM do when retreating", from (Rheinland wasn't "supposed" to have destroyed the gates in the first place) to (even with the current scenario, Rheinland manages to bring frequent raiding parties as far as Texas and New York.)

So far, since people don't have the power to retconn it, they went with the second choice (to ignore it, with the consequent gameplay penalties). My example is another option, to "go with it" and move forward.

--------------

An alternative to the concept of before: instead of having an unidirectional gate for the Cap fleet, the rp reasoning could be that they need fast access to the destroyed gate for Rheinland and Gallic engineer corps to try to reactivate or salvage the gate. Whether they are successful or not, depends on Rheinland efforts, on Liberty efforts, on rp with Gallia, and so on.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Thyrzul - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 01:07 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: An alternative to the concept of before: instead of having an unidirectional gate for the Cap fleet, the rp reasoning could be that they need fast access to the destroyed gate for Rheinland and Gallic engineer corps to try to reactivate or salvage the gate. Whether they are successful or not, depends on Rheinland efforts, on Liberty efforts, on rp with Gallia, and so on.

With that we get back to this point:

(09-02-2014, 10:37 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: How would Rheinland be able to afford two pairs of new Gallic Jump Gates? They're already a hefty expense without considering the enormous distance between the two Houses.

... and of course to my response afterwards.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - SkyNet - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 01:09 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 08:59 PM)Anshur Wrote: Bump... Please, can you give me answer on this?

(09-01-2014, 05:23 PM)Anshur Wrote: Also, what is developers' plan with Münster base module which is now in New Hampshire???

That depends... have RM or other factions RP'd attempting to recover it?

The more interesting question is... What is in those modules? If you haven't planned something for it, may i make a suggestion then?

Nomnom research stuff. It's in the lore doc which is somewhere in the game files. Maybe this can be helpful.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Cap.Maxwell - 09-02-2014

My gunboat is rusted out in the Norfolk Shypyard.The last raid that envolved Rheinland that i remember was in Texas and with the assistance of Rogues they sieged the sustem,but it ended up with a single Rheinland gunboat being destroyed and the rest of them fleed.So i agree,it would be a great idea.Give the Capn.Maxwells Gunboat LNS-Starfire something to do!MY RAZORS ARE RUSTING OUT!

(09-02-2014, 05:57 PM)Cap.Maxwell Wrote: Give the Capn.Maxwells Gunboat LNS-Starfire something to do!MY RAZORS ARE RUSTING OUT!

Gallia is invading Magellan, hello. Where have you been during the Mag brawls?

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Cap.Maxwell - 09-02-2014

Gallia is invading Magellan, hello. Where have you been during the Mag brawls?
[/quote]

I was and still am on holiday in Montenegro i am going home in 4days so i have probably missed those. *cryes*

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Ryummel - 09-03-2014

Given that every house intelligence have adapted nomad weaponry and pseudo-nomad technology such as cloaks or hyperjump devices are available for everyone, I really find the Munster issue kinda pointless nowadays.

RE: Suggestion: Connect Rheinland and Liberty again - Lonely_Ghost - 09-03-2014

I think, that cloals, nom-nom guns and other "OP" stuff are less than one percent, of possible nomad knowledge, like iceberg. Generics, biology, virusology, possible new laws of physics.
Also, about bioweaponry. I think, that it could be a very usefull tool in Freelancer univers. A lot of different worlds. Some, might be explored, some might be not enough. If we take an option, that planet, very rarely populated, is inhabited, by a previously unstudied bacterias, which could infect human and induce a virus or any other infection ( Pleas play this, while reading) which is 99.995% vital to human.
Now, let's say, Bretonia managed to find that planet, and discovered dat bacteria. (Keep in mind, Gallia, Bretonia's Nr1 Rival has no clue about that planet!).
So, brainheads from MI6, other military sciencists decided to use this bacteria in weaponry. They managed to synthesy new virus, and programm it (I mean, for example, incubation period). And use such weapon against Frog Eaters. By infiltrators, deliver "carier" onboard naval ship, for example. Crew and personal getting infected, but noone has any idea about it, because incubation period has not been passed yet.
Ship returns back on station, together with virus, and then we have chain reaction.
Hell knows, how long does it takes, to find antidoth against previously unknown bacteria.
Sounds ok for me. Yeah, Brets might have **ck sucking fleet, but their a** could be very lucky.

Oh and sry for a bit off-top.