Discovery Gaming Community
cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. (/showthread.php?tid=119788)

Pages: 1 2

cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Pvt.Pirate - 08-28-2014

hi, i am currently playing through the vanilla SP campaign and when i switch to cockpit view, i can no longer select targets by list, or see the list of weapons.
th ehud elements are there, but the text and symbols won't appear.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Fluffyball - 08-28-2014

Sorry to disappoint you, but Discovery is not compatibile with vanillia SP campaign.

It offers only Open SP or Multiplayer - which is more fun than Open SP, because you have interaction with other players and you can have multiple characters (up to 5 per account).

The problem with non-selectable anything, if you are that interested what is wrong, is caused by the fact that every ship require a radar.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Pvt.Pirate - 08-29-2014

this problem occurs in vanilla freelancer, not disco (it works fine there).
i hope it is not a bug caused by the unofficial community patch.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Papa Oomaumau - 08-29-2014

No, it's the Disco mod.
The only way to play SP vanilla is to install a clean copy of FL.
You can have both installed simultaneously, if it's on a totally different file path - I think.
But you can't play SP on the same program installation that you've played Disco on - files get altered.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Alexander - 08-29-2014

They are right , actually i can't play vanilla , its crushing every time when i try to play.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Pvt.Pirate - 08-29-2014

i am NOT playing SP in disco, because thats impossible.
to play freelancer without disco, just make a backupfolder of your settings (..../username/documents/my games/freelancer/) so the folder is empty and freelancer can create its own files.
these are the only files that get altered, all other filed get copied out of freelancer into the disco-installpath and then get altered.

but thats not the point: in freelancer you have to deactivate the cockpit, because it disrupts the text when in cockpit view.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Papa Oomaumau - 08-29-2014

So, you have two separate installs of Freelancer on your system?
Because that is the only way to play SP Vanilla, is on a 'virgin' install of FL that has never interacted with the Disco mod, or any other.

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 04:26 PM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: So, you have two separate installs of Freelancer on your system?
Because that is the only way to play SP Vanilla, is on a 'virgin' install of FL that has never interacted with the Disco mod, or any other.

It's way easier then always reactive mods, just copy Vanilla FL folders and install different mods there, result no pain in activating and reactivating Big Grin

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Pvt.Pirate - 08-31-2014

all of you are leading this thread way too far offtopic...
the temporary solution i found was deactivating the 3dmodel of the cockpitview... which now looks very dull, but at least the targetlists work this way...

RE: cockpit view = no target selectors etc. - Papa Oomaumau - 08-31-2014

No one is leading the thread off topic, I think you are failing to understand what is causing your HUD issues.
Some time ago (4.86?) it was announced that the Disco Mod would alter FL install files and switching the mod on and off would no longer return it to virgin.

But I'm glad you found a work-around, even if it is a somewhat lowered game experience.
Now, that cockpit disabling might also help some disco players in terms of immersion - say, for bridge views from within battleships, etc.
So it's not a totally bad thing.