Discovery Gaming Community
Why are there so many Junkers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why are there so many Junkers? (/showthread.php?tid=119836)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Why are there so many Junkers? - Thunderer - 08-29-2014

Namely, the first most active faction is the Congress. The Marauders are the fourth. Too much fun out there for one Junker faction, it seems.
But, I don't see anything interesting in the way of the Junkers. Is it premium scrap? Or perhaps there is something that is actually fun and that I could do as well?

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Jack_Henderson - 08-29-2014

The (now gone) Premium Scrap / Scrap insanity.

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Lythrilux - 08-29-2014

Their neutrality/diplomacy makes the ID very good for all types of trading (ores, normal commodities etc.).
Sadly, this does not mean an influx of pirating Junkers, which makes me feel somewhat sad.

But if you wish to look into stuff to do, allow me to rip something I wrote earlier:
Lythrilux Wrote:The Junker ID allows a player to be extremely flexible in the way they roleplay. You can play various roles as a Junker: Will you be a simple scrap miner harmlessly making your keep? Will you a daring smuggler ferrying contraband around the houses for credits? Will you loot credits and cargo from unfortunates outside of house space away from lawful eyes? Are you an intrepid Xenos or Hogosha hunter? Or will you incorporate all four playstyles into your roleplay?
One of the biggest benefits of being a Junker is your quasi-lawful status. You have an extremely generous set of diplomatic relations, which gives the Junker ID a lot of freedom within the houses. Your only real enemies are Hogosha and Xenos, which you can actually hunt EVERYWHERE in Sirius when you feel like it. Aside from that, it'll be rare for you to find enemies within Liberty, Bretonia and Rheinland. Kusari dislikes Junkers, due to the large Hogosha influence within the house. If you venture to Kusari as a Junker, you'll most likely get asked to leave. In Gallia you don't have many enemies, but not many friends either.
But you don't always have to play by the book. Snitching on non-Junker ID'd smugglers or involving yourself in blackmailing others are also fun Junker activities. The Junker ID allows for a lot of experimentation with your roleplay.
Still, you could scratch all that and simply play a Junker trader hauling ore and legal goods. Not the most interesting way to play the ID, but it's your choice. Personally I don't encourage it.
~Lythrilux

@Jack lol no, Premium Scrap isn't the main reason why Junkers are/were insanely active.

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - nOmnomnOm - 08-29-2014

Even before premium scrap junkers were active.
The scrap was just a bonus but junkers have the quasi-lawful I'd that makes it so fun to RP.

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Alhimik - 08-29-2014

Yes, too much Junkers! Better create more factions with another ID's

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Thunderer - 08-29-2014

That's not very fun, hauling without almost any risk. The Junkers rarely smuggle and pirates don't attack them because they need their bases. Somewhat of an isolated society.
You know what? I am going to make a pirate that will pirate the Junkers. Of course, I won't use your bases, except for target practice.

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-29-2014

DELETE

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Lythrilux - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 08:41 PM)Thunderer Wrote: That's not very fun, hauling without almost any risk. The Junkers rarely smuggle and pirates don't attack them because they need their bases. Somewhat of an isolated society.
Pirating as a Junker is personally my favourite aspect of the faction. I'd implore you to try it out.

(08-29-2014, 08:41 PM)Thunderer Wrote: You know what? I am going to make a pirate that will pirate the Junkers. Of course, I won't use your bases, except for target practice.
Bring it (smoke)

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Hermes - 08-29-2014

The Junkers are Cool and The Junker Congress ROCKS Wink
im proud to be a congressman.

regards,
Xenon

RE: Why are there so many Junkers? - Psyentific - 08-29-2014

Playing as a House Lawful or House Unlawful restricts me to a specific area of space and a specific set of actions. Playing as a Junker is the least restrictive of those; On par with generic Freelancer/Pirate/Civilian IDs.