Discovery Gaming Community
The Ore mining review. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: The Ore mining review. (/showthread.php?tid=119961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Ore mining review. - SnakThree - 10-18-2014

Another suggestion is to move ore sellpoints from Planet Denver to Planet Pittsburgh, based on the fact you can use safe shortcut California-Ontario-Colorado, and the ores comming from Taus, would be passing another chokepoint for increased interaction chance.

RE: The Ore mining review. - larzac - 10-19-2014

apparently there are no region with high demand of iridium, is that normal?

RE: The Ore mining review. - Techpriest - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 02:02 AM)larzac Wrote: apparently there are no region with high demand of iridium, is that normal?

If you could buy AU8 made of Iridium in every base. I wouldn't think there would be a high demand.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Highland Laddie - 10-19-2014

(10-18-2014, 08:17 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Another suggestion is to move ore sellpoints from Planet Denver to Planet Pittsburgh, based on the fact you can use safe shortcut California-Ontario-Colorado, and the ores comming from Taus, would be passing another chokepoint for increased interaction chance.

Or.....you can make Lane Hacker or Xeno chars and hit them in Ontario, or on the other side of the Denver-Ontario jump hole.

Not all Tau and Omega ores MUST go to New York.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Echo 7-7 - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 02:02 AM)larzac Wrote: apparently there are no region with high demand of iridium, is that normal?

Forgot to add the details for that.

However, it's worth noting that I won't be adjusting the prices/sale points of the commodities in the "Other Goods" category much, if at all, since they're part of the 'regular' economy. The yield and demand notes are simply there for reference.

RE: The Ore mining review. - SnakThree - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 04:04 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 08:17 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Another suggestion is to move ore sellpoints from Planet Denver to Planet Pittsburgh, based on the fact you can use safe shortcut California-Ontario-Colorado, and the ores comming from Taus, would be passing another chokepoint for increased interaction chance.

Or.....you can make Lane Hacker or Xeno chars and hit them in Ontario, or on the other side of the Denver-Ontario jump hole.

Not all Tau and Omega ores MUST go to New York.

But obviously very safe route for powertrading and avoiding a bit of possible interaction must exist for who knows what reasons?

Concentrating traders into one delivery point will not only benefit pirates. As you obviously read my message as if it was about increasing the possibility of pirating them. Interactions can happen with other traders, lawfuls and other people in NY.

We should have Trade Hubs to maximise the interaction rates. I would love to see most of the cargo be best sold at Capital Planets and stations surounding them, so that all sorts of people would meet there. Freelancer might have a location where they can offer their services, traders could meet up and form groups, chat can be had. Currently, you just take 2 lanes in Liberty for Nobium Ore, and 4 lanes for Copper/Cobalt Ore. And all but one lane, Rio Grande - Denver, is too short for piracy even. And if traders keep avoiding locations where interactions might happen, they will keep silent untill they get they desired ship, usually capital ship, and most likely will not bother to provide sufficient verbal roleplay, because they didn't had proper chance to do so while trading.

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-24-2014

Everybody here talking about faction miners... what happens with pure independent miners? (Miner ID), we have ONLY x2 bonuses just a few fields... but almost ALL valuable fields we have nothing... why? just having max x2 bonuses is enough!!

I have several miners friends we love explore sirius looking for new fields and resources... but everything are for faction miners...

As pure independent Miners, also we should can fill up others normaly (with only x2 bonuses is enough nerfed hehe) and give a hand to other miners in other systems with other comodities... not only WATER, OXYGEN and HELIUM!!!!! the unique "valuable" is Helium... not fair, thinking Miner ID its really similar with Freelancer ID (we also use Freelancer IFF...) we cannot mine everywhere... mining water or oxygen is absurd, the only thing we got is HELIUM and only in Pennsylvania...

RE: The Ore mining review. - Echo 7-7 - 10-25-2014

(10-24-2014, 11:02 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: Everybody here talking about faction miners... what happens with pure independent miners? (Miner ID), we have ONLY x2 bonuses just a few fields... but almost ALL valuable fields we have nothing... why? just having max x2 bonuses is enough!!

I have several miners friends we love explore sirius looking for new fields and resources... but everything are for faction miners...

As pure independent Miners, also we should can fill up others normaly (with only x2 bonuses is enough nerfed hehe) and give a hand to other miners in other systems with other comodities... not only WATER, OXYGEN and HELIUM!!!!! the unique "valuable" is Helium... not fair, thinking Miner ID its really similar with Freelancer ID (we also use Freelancer IFF...) we cannot mine everywhere... mining water or oxygen is absurd, the only thing we got is HELIUM and only in Pennsylvania...

Would you like to calm down and re-phrase your concerns in a more easily readable structure?

RE: The Ore mining review. - Ponge - 10-25-2014

(10-24-2014, 11:02 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: Everybody here talking about faction miners... what happens with pure independent miners? (Miner ID), we have ONLY x2 bonuses just a few fields... but almost ALL valuable fields we have nothing... why? just having max x2 bonuses is enough!!

The purpose is to promote joining the mining factions. As you said, FL miners have the freedom to mine anywhere. However, they have worse equipment --> lower drop bonus. They won't turn it into a "can go anywhere and mine anything fast" ID. You either have freedom to go anywhere and mine anything, or the high bonus with the restrictions.

However, giving a few more 2x bonuses would be justifiable to help the beginners (like scrap metal; beginners usually try to mine it).

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 04:10 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: Would you like to calm down and re-phrase your concerns in a more easily readable structure?

Oh sorry if you think im angry, no no no. hehehehe. English is not my native language Big Grin

Im just saying... Miner ID only have Water, Oxygen and Helium for mine with, not justice, because we only have Helium as valuable resource. Just having only x2 bonuses is enough and we should have more resources to mine with this low bonus, like Premium or Silver.

(10-25-2014, 06:47 AM)Ponge Wrote: The purpose is to promote joining the mining factions. As you said, FL miners have the freedom to mine anywhere. However, they have worse equipment --> lower drop bonus. They won't turn it into a "can go anywhere and mine anything fast" ID. You either have freedom to go anywhere and mine anything, or the high bonus with the restrictions.

However, giving a few more 2x bonuses would be justifiable to help the beginners (like scrap metal; beginners usually try to mine it).

Still disagree Ponge.... that is forcing miners to join in factions. So you mean, if you like to mine resources, you must be in a faction? Its like to say if you like to destroy Xenos, you MUST be lawful... no sense hehehehe.

And FL Miners, yes, we have the freedom to go anywhere the same as Freelancers... but thats all... no resources out there for us.

Conclusion: FL Miners must have more things to mine (with only x2 bonuses, its less than all factions bonuses). And also FL Miners must have the chance for still as FL Miner or join in a miner faction if he is interesed, not need to force him.