Discovery Gaming Community
Usable IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Usable IDs (/showthread.php?tid=120064)

Usable IDs - Takka - 09-02-2014

Can somebody tell me what IDs are available as of 48.77? also it would be good to know which are free to use as Indie and which are restricted to player factions.

Thanks in advance,

~Takka

RE: Usable IDs - Luke. - 09-02-2014

I believe the only restricted ID's are the WIlde and K'Hara ID's. The odd faction or two have their own ID to distinguish their RP within the equivalent NPC faction but these are generally not too different and cannot be bought from publically dockable bases. Basically, don't worry about those.

The rest are free to use. /showrestarts in-game will give you a rough idea of what you can RP as.

RE: Usable IDs - Lythrilux - 09-02-2014

Quite simply:
Any faction ID that bears the name of its NPC faction is usable. Anything that does not have the same name as it's NPC faction isn't usable. E.g The Junker Marauders ID is a player faction ID.
Exceptions to this is the Wild ID, which is a closed faction.

RE: Usable IDs - Cælumaresh - 09-30-2014

What about the RoS ID. Is this usable? The faction has been dead for all i know, and i think that when i post in recruitment thread, it will be a long time before i even get a reply.

RE: Usable IDs - dirmaster0 - 09-30-2014

(09-02-2014, 11:53 PM)Luke. Wrote: I believe the only restricted ID's are the WIlde and K'Hara ID's. The odd faction or two have their own ID to distinguish their RP within the equivalent NPC faction but these are generally not too different and cannot be bought from publically dockable bases. Basically, don't worry about those.

The rest are free to use. /showrestarts in-game will give you a rough idea of what you can RP as.

What about TAZ or SCRA IDs? Aren't those still locked down to Official Faction Only as well?

RE: Usable IDs - Cælumaresh - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:50 PM)dirmaster0 Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 11:53 PM)Luke. Wrote: I believe the only restricted ID's are the WIlde and K'Hara ID's. The odd faction or two have their own ID to distinguish their RP within the equivalent NPC faction but these are generally not too different and cannot be bought from publically dockable bases. Basically, don't worry about those.

What about TAZ or SCRA IDs? Aren't those still locked down to Official Faction Only as well?

Those factions have Coalition ID for indys and Zoner ID

RE: Usable IDs - Danny-boy - 09-30-2014

For ID's for player factions such as K'Hara, Wilde, IND etc. You can only buy the ID if you already have one equipped or ask an admin to put one on your ship. So, if you can buy it you can use it without worrying (not to mention the fact that ID's for these factions say on them that you have to be apart of a player faction to use em).

At any rate, this is the list of ID's you need to be in a faction to use, I believe:

; AI Consensus ID sold on Planet Gammu, Omicron Kappa
; Reaver ID sold on Orange Station, Connecticut
; TAZ ID sold on Pueblo Bonito, Baffin
; OSI ID sold on Planet Gran Canaria, Omega-49
; SCRA ID sold on Mykolaiv Research Station, Omega-52
; Iseijin ID sold on Heaven's Gate, Tohoku
; Order Primary Fleet ID sold on Evora Shipyard, Omicron-100
; Ghosts of Razgriz ID sold on Corsica Outer Sanctum, Omicron-85
; The Phoenix ID sold on Livadia Shipyard, Omicron-74
; IND ID sold on Wall Street Station & Renzu Shipyards, Oita

RE: Usable IDs - Machelvanius - 10-13-2014

(09-30-2014, 10:11 AM)Caelumaresh Wrote: What about the RoS ID. Is this usable? The faction has been dead for all i know, and i think that when i post in recruitment thread, it will be a long time before i even get a reply.
I would guess that since it is a dead faction, then it won't be usable, most likely unless you have the ability to buy it.