Discovery Gaming Community
The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=120352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Redacted.Member1-4 - 06-03-2015

- Implemented the Contract Network, still in an experimental phase.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - nOmnomnOm - 09-08-2016

May I kindly ask for your members to PLEASE be aware of the "AT WAR" relations between yourselves and the AFC?
I have no anger to the interaction I had with your member flying the [HA]Otaku-sama but I have to point out and state that he/she was no informed at all and I feel it was oblivious to him/her of why I kept insulting the piot and Hogosha.
(also I suspect they are new b/c of ID)

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Yaoquizque - 09-08-2016

Hello.

I was Otaku-sama. To be frank I did not fly this character since months, so I can't say I'm up to date with everything Pere-san's faction did lately.

As for our interaction, It was perfectly understood your character was trying to anger the hogoshan. Said hogoshan is not exactly a hothead jumping into fights. He would tend to fight only when cornered, which eventually happened here. Maybe he also thought not playing your charater's game was the wisest choice here.

Please accept my apologies if you found the way I handled it to not be in your liking.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - nOmnomnOm - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 03:25 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: Hello.

I was Otaku-sama. To be frank I did not fly this character since months, so I can't say I'm up to date with everything Pere-san's faction did lately.

As for our interaction, It was perfectly understood your character was trying to anger the hogoshan. Said hogoshan is not exactly a hothead jumping into fights. He would tend to fight only when cornered, which eventually happened here. Maybe he also thought not playing your charater's game was the wisest choice here.

Please accept my apologies if you found the way I handled it to not be in your liking.

It's fine, man. I had a good time in any case.
I am just saying this for future encounters you will be informed properly.
AFC does not have their own IFF, so this is understandable, and not many are aware of our lore either so I don't take offence.
I am just kindly saying...

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Yaoquizque - 09-08-2016

No worries. Thanks for bringing this up.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - WesternPeregrine - 09-08-2016

Thank you both for bringing up this issue, and for solving most of the misunderstanding on your own.

Yao will be forcefully dragged to the re-indoctrination seminars for a refresher course on our new neighbours we love to hate (somewhat).

As a secondary reply to a remark on one of the posts, Yao's ship has quite a few months, and the generic ID. It's not his fault, as it had been created before the official status. Also, we have received no edit or notification of the Official ID yet, so everyone is on generic, so far.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Jack_Henderson - 10-14-2016

Heyhey.

You just took 150 million from AFC for a roleplay interaction that was not worth it and that - tbh - could have done sooo much better.

Shooting unarmored LFs for a few minutes is not an achhievement.
The roleplay I was given afterwards also was not really interesting, especially as I was offering the surrendering option, however it was not really taken up and just answered by some hints at sexual char abuse of a female prisoner (which did not exactly increase my willingness to go through with it).

After having been downed by you guys in the following chase (you did not come up with anything convincing to make be go: Alright, I'll let my char be caught by you guys), it was purely my goodwill towards John (AFC leader), who wanted to actually roleplay HA holding hostages. Going by what I was offered, my "<escape pod speeds away>" would have been my preferred option.

Now, that you charge him 150 mils for interaction that you were invited to, that was made possible by me hoping for better roleplay than just a "dodge, dodge, dodge in LF", by NomNom's wish to roleplay and my decision to not just flat out go" No, my char was not caught"... you rip him off? 150 mils is not peanuts. Especially if it is in no relation to what was offered.

Especially I do not understand why you kept that amount, as I talked to Peregrine on Skype and explained this already.

The solution in such cases is that the forum rp mentions a huge amount to be paid (to resemble the in-roleplay importance), and that less is paid in reality (to not harm the player). So in this example, the ransom sum could have been 150 million, but oorply only 15-30 million are paid in reality - and that would also be what I think this interaction was worth.

I think you made a big mistake there by going through with the 150 mils.

If you hold a character hostage, you should also offer roleplay to the player you are holding. Nothing like that happened.
And if you are trying to make money from these hostage situations oorply, guys, seriously... that was the last character you were ever allowed to capture.

Think about it perhaps.
This can be done so much better...

Jack

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - WesternPeregrine - 10-14-2016

Yes, clearly I have not have given enough thought over this whole matter.
The roleplay started with an event I did not participate, so I had to rely on what people told me it had happened. To be specific afc reports on the occasion and comments on skype were my sole guidance on who did what and to whom.

Second, since John asked me for something worthwhile to do in the aftermath, I tried to come up with something regarding the prisoners. However, since other members of the Association took the credit for unlocking this situation, I deferred to them on the continuation. No suitable or interesting proposals arrived to my eyes, unless you consider an old leecher harassing a girl for days and having to be dragged out of the room by guards entertaining. I assume by your post that it is not.

Killing or making a show of torture of them would not make a point, and would lower the moral playing field of our feud, making killing the basic response to any captured or ambushed member (an eye for an eye, make the whole world blind). Slavery is not a specialty for the Hogosha, since the slavers of Sirius are our enemies, and Corsairs don't really need more mouths to feed.
Finally, I (my choice) just resorted to a ransom request. Defying the Hogosha in their home turf should be a costly affair. The price, while inflated in hindsight for "just another human being", was what was suggested and chosen by the group.

Planning for the ransom exchange was weak, and communication before and during the encounter was shallow, I admit. I foolishly thought the best thing was to release the characters sooner than later, so they could go their own path once again, instead of being held back by the whims of another.
Should have asked you and the owner of the other character what you really wanted to happen as a prisoner. I admit my lack of judgement.

While I wont retconn ransoming the 150 Mil from the AFC, I am willing to return the funds oorply, should @nOmnomnOm demand for them. For the lack of everything else, "defying the Hogosha is a costly business" will held true.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Yaoquizque - 10-15-2016

Otaku-sama here.

Regarding the behavior of this character, I felt like doing an ex basement dweller low life with a lack of social skills and of course some awkwardness when it comes to interactions with persons of the other gender, who would be working as an expandable thug.

That lead to the lines about 'Murrows-chan' in Tottori. I thought it was funny but it appears you did not appreciate that part so much.
I sometimes like to go to the extremes, which ends in unusual characters that may be perceived as annoying to others. So please accept my apologies.

For the record, I never thought about doing any "sexual abuse" role-play here. The worst I could have thought of would have been related with Otaku failing at behaving as a gentleman during a dinner or some silly and innocuous thing like that.

Regardless, I will be fine sticking with a more typical character if that kind of character displeases people that much.

As for the sum, it is my personal opinion the funds should be sent back to the AFC leader, as nothing came out of that capture, as you stated. As long as everyone agrees the returned funds are an oorp gesture of fairness and not something to be used inrp, that's probably the most logical thing to do.
But Pere-san should be the one to decide. Just giving here my opinion, as irrelevant as it could be.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Jack_Henderson - 10-15-2016

Yaoquizque, don't worry. The roleplay wasn't "offensive". That would be a too strong word. And no need to apologize. No harm was done. Smile

Peregrine, I agree that making Hogoshas angry should have consequences. That's why I do not oppose the in-roleplay sum of 150 mils at all. But yes, I agree to what you mentioned as a good middleground. Keep the irp high payment, and have a lower one oorply. So handing back a part of the 150 would ofc be oorply done, the Hogosha have absolutely no motivation to hand anything back. Smile

Thank you for considering the feedback and for taking the time to respond in detail.

We'll just do it better next time. Smile
Case closed for me. Thank you for your time.

Jack