Discovery Gaming Community
The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven (/showthread.php?tid=120362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Sabru - 03-23-2015

Ryka sips at the vodka."Indeed, i am from Baffin. Doc did a lot us before he decided to leave our enclave and continue his benevolent work." She loosens her robes. "I forgot to introduce myself. Ryka Wyrdmake, special autonomous emissary for his Popeliness, and my older brother, Skarsi Wyrdmake." Ryka sips her drink again. "You seem to have quite the prosperous community here. Closer ties between Tinker and TAZ would most definitely benefit both and broaden your business through our connections."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 03-23-2015

Olsen looked around at the Cantina, half empty for his feeling.

Tinkers Haven is quite a popular trading platform, jes. To us its home.
And to the Junkers like me who decided to follow Fynn its a chance to live a good life without everybody sneering at us. I think you know what its like, being a Zoner ?

Olsen started cleaning the bar again, lovingly polishing it.

With Order and Core and all others out there ready to play on being as mighty as one of the big houses, and the Royalists ready to walz right through everything... not easy.
We do what we can at Tinkers to help, expecially Tukker and his friend McKannon.
They where trading in the Taus as the Royalists came crashing in as far as I know, and quite a few of the Freelancers who joined us Tinkers here feel the same. We support the Council and Bretonia, and Baffin is important in that struggle. But most of us are no warriors here, except some of the security people.

Picking up a small notepad Olsen started typing in a message, waited a moment and then nodded.

I just contacted Tukkers office. He is going to come here in about an hour or so, pending the usual minor catastropes that tend to slow things down. He askes me to greet you and confirms me that you are our guest. So, dear ambassador Wyrdmake ...

Olsen grinned again, showing perfect white teeth

What can this poor old Junker do for you ?

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 03-30-2015

Not long afterwards the armoured Pelican transport used by Mr. Tukker as his personal representive craft landed at Tinkers Haven and the Prime Secretary could be seen rushing through the base to reach the Cantina.

As Tukker entered the Cantina he was relieved to see the TAZ ambassador standing at the bar,chatting with Olsen.

He was astonished to see Fynn sitting at a table at the back of the room without seeming to be greatly interested in the guest and decided to talk to him later. You could not simply let an important visitor stand around like... hm... like...
Perhaps he was to strikt. The guest seemed happy at the moment, and there was some kind of party going on here.
Tukker realised he had lost contact with the day to day life at Tinkers Haven a bit,
but somebody had to manage overall buisness of the cooperative and keep the office at Houson running after all. Perhaps he would find time later to catch up.

Smiling warmly he approached the joung lady :

Miss Ryka Wyrdmake ? I am Phileas Tukker, representing the T&T Board of Trustees.
Welcome to Tinkers Haven.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-14-2015

Frank Gambit walked into the Cantina at Tinkers Haven, headed straight to the Bar and sat down. A bar maid took his order of a Wiskey neat.
He paid and left her a nice sized tip, which got her attention. She raised an eyebrow to him and smilled...
"Listen sweatheart...ah...if there is any chance I could talk to a guy named Olson, or some dude named Fynn...Ill be over at that booth over there next to the comms unit relay station."

She nodded her head and smilled and walked off. Gambit walked across the room and took a seat next to the comms unit and started to tap out a message.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-14-2015

The barmaid whent over to the other end of the Bar where Olsen was sitting with a glass of wine, checking some accounts. Pointing over and whispering to him, she indicated the visitor at the comm unit and passed on the message.

Olsen looked over to where Gambit was sitting, and then asked a few questions into a comlink next to him. A short while later he went over to the table at the com unit with a bottle of whiskey, an ice cooler with some fruit and ice cubes and his own favorite bottle of wine.

Greetings, you must be Gambit ? Lijay sent word you would probably be passing by.
I´m Olsen, the Barman.

Siting down the old Junker sighed , and set the cooler and the bottle onto the table between them

Actually I run the Cantina and most of the food and community goods supplies. Except for the Clinic that is, the Doc takes care of that with her own quatermaster.So, what brings you to the Haven ?

Grinning and pointing to a group of joung and pretty nurses entering the Cantina to fetch themselves a meal, followed by several scrapping crew members and chatting with each other, Olsen continued :

As you see we have quite a few ladies here, but we could still need some good entertainment. Even if this station could proove to be a little different than most Junker bases you would know so far. So, what do you have for me ?

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-14-2015

The first thing that went through Frank Gambits head was that this Olsen guy, must be at least a hundred years old. He picked up the bottle of Whiskey.

"May I?" offering to pour them both a drink, which he did with out waiting for Olsen to say no.

"Well...Listen, Ill be striaght up with ya....you been around, no need to try and blind you with razzel dazzel... Im trying to earn my bones and show some respect to some new associates of mine...and even with my age, I still got to go out and prove Im worthy." Gambit took a long tug off his glass of whiskey.

"So...to keep it short, I know you got to be busy running this place....and I aint trying to cut anyone out of anything already going on...but I wanted to see about bring in 20 girls on a weekly rotation. You will always have fresh faces around and not letting them stay on the station for to long solves a lot of problems in the long run for both of us if ya know what I mean....2mil a week is what it will cost ya for the girls and I can bring in Top Shelf nonTaxed Liquor for a few more credits....You would be helping me out in big way, and I always payback my Favors tenfold..and you never know, a guy like me is good to have in your list of people to call when strange shizzle is flying around."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-14-2015

Olsen leant back, laughing loudly.

Look around you, does it seem like girls are scarce here ?
But you missed the true point. Jep, Im living on stations long enough to know that it´s cash in my bar and a lot less of trouble if I have some of your girls handy when the right kind of customer is storming through, but actually I have no problems with the deal.

The massive barman leant forward, taking a glass of the liquor and holding it up to the light.

Look at this stuff, will you ? Its good, first grade quality, and heavily taxed. Speaking of toll free booze is music to my ears, and I´d be willing to cut a deal here. But you will never see any cut liquor served here, and you know way ? Because I know my stuff.

Grinning broadly he gestured about the Cantina, wich was filled with the usual mix of traders, scrapping and work crews, hospital residents and nurses, and Ambulance Service members. Pointing and sxplaining what the badges meant , in broinze, silver and gold, and what the three symbols for the scrapping and mechanic crews, the trade fleet and the medical folk meant he continued to show that only about one out of six guests at the Haven where foreigners at any time, and most of those tended to sit together with friends from some of the Tinkers crews or would hug to themselves, clearly occupying a table and only on their way through. And he explained about the few groups of guests with the slim white circlets around their left arm, the patients in rehab.

So you see, your pretty little girls would stand out like a naked dancer in a Manhatten court room. This is a scrap rig, a hospital and a trade base, no Spa and Cruise hospel. If you want to get some of your miss doe´s here, you will have to be smart. You see, there is a great many folks around who would probably try and "better the life" for your girls, rehabilitating them and offering them training. And not as a pole dancer laddie, we need nurses, and we train them.

Winking at Frank the old Junker continued in a slightly conspirative tone

But if you tackle it smart you´d get a different deal. Send in your girls for medical care, be oh so concerned about them and if you are doubted openly admit that you would rather have well nourished and medically top fit girls than some underfed wrenches only fit for... ah, nevermind. Fynn , our Foreman can be strange if you hit a false tone with him, he is really trying to get all folks around him happy. If he thinks you are trading slaves or treating those girls badly you´d better be about 3 sectors away before he gets out of his office. But if he sees that you just want to cut a profit and are willing to treat them well he´d let you be, and be happy that you are around. And we will be setting up a major passenger hub soon. There is your chance to do real buisness.

Olsen leant back again, still smiling.

You know , I´d let you bring in the girls gladly, and so will Fynn if you avoid any appearance of slavery or human trafficing. But the real task is our Doc. She´s a smart girl herself, trained by Doc Holliday, and her crews might as well have sworne an oath on her personallly for all the loyalty they show towards her. She will get your girlies checked thoroughly the moment they set a foot on this base, take my warning.
It´s her you will really have to convince, and our Foreman will follow her advice as far as that goes.

With his glass empty he started gesturing for a refill.

Now, tell me again. What do you want to achieve here at the Haven ?
Small game prostitution ?
Or would you rather know what kind of bandwaggon we are really setting up here ?
What do you think how many folks live here, or belong to Tinkers, hm ?
Give me a good guess what our aim is, will you ?

Perfect white teeth where shining from Olsens wrinkled smile...

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Doreen - 04-15-2015

Taking a break from her work, Doreen went into the Cantina for some lunch. On the way, she greeted those she knew and took a seat.
"Your usual wine?" asked the waiter.
"No," she replied smiling, "not while I'm still on the job. Some soda will be fine while I wait for a turkey club on sourdough."
"Yes, Doctor, I will take care of it," he answered. He quickly returned with her soda. While she waited, she reviewed records on a tablet.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-15-2015

Gambit picked up the Bottle between them and poured Olsen another drink.

"Look man, these girls are not someones property. They work, I protect and offer connections and transportation."

He took another drink, and off to the side he noticed a female patron in Medical garb walk in, take a seat and place an order.

"Happy girls create less headaches, and the way to keep them happy is to provide them with reasonably safe enviroments in which to do what it is they do."

He paused for a second, and stared at the man in front of him, making sure that he had his attention.

"Now, on a side note, I have a "few" rules I live by. Near the top of the list is that "Snitches get Stiches", a man in todays day and age, best forget the shizzel he heard or saw that don´t concern him. I don´t give a rats ass what it is you all are setting up here. As long as my Girls come back in one piece and smillin, you and I are all good."

He glanced off to the side. Taking notice again of the woman dressed as a doctor. For a brief second his thoughts driffed off to the fact that if all his Chicks looked like her, his profits would tripple. He turned his head back to the table and stared at his drink.

"and...Hell, it would probably be a good Idea, if say...you have your medical facilities give our girls the all clear....and if during that time any of them wanna quit, all they got to do is tell the Doc and that will be that......so.....20 Girls a week, no repeat visits for the girls for six months...and 10 cases each of top shelf Whiskey, Gin, Vodka and Wine...all for say...3 large (Million) a week."

He reached for his leather pouch of Synth and gestured "Cool if I spark up? Its been a long day."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-15-2015

Olsen noticed the glances the newcomes was shooting over at Doreen, and had to take a quick drink from his glass to hide his grin again.

Ah, its been quite a while since I heared the old stiches challenge, buddy.
Makes me feel like 20 jears jounger. But you still dont quite gather what im telling you.

He tipped some code into his personal organizer, connecting him to the internal database of Tinkers Haven. Then he shoved the device over to Gambit with the display still unblocked.

These figures are open data, you can check them from every terminal at this base and probably from any serious databank in Liberty if you know what you are doing. Check the passenger flow, or rather the patient list, then check available space.

With a obvioulsly trained look just dripping with false boredom Olsen started picking at the frozen fruit , studying every bit of luxury food before nibbling at it.

You can easily try to get two habitat units for your girls but will probably not get them as every free unit is either already rented out or under control of Fynn, who will need them for something else. I can easily arrange that. And I can just as easily manage to convince him to give you the living space you need for easy rent or even for free if I tell him I need your contacts for some luxury commodity or for steady supply of first class liquor. But that will still not solve your space problem as you will hardly stay here for long if your girls start "caring for their dearest friends" in the corridors or in the cramped living space. So you could of course get a ship as living space or even as party boat, and dock it at the Haven.

grinning again, looking directly at Frank he continued :

Did I mention the docking mates are my best customers, and they all have their credit books at my bar ?
And that pretty lady you are looking at over there at the Table is Doc Nagger herself, our Chief Resident. Convince her that your girls are here to get treated and you get cheap but first class treatment for them. Get her angry or let her think you will try and cheat her or her patients, and not even I will be able to help you.

Olsen looked really amused now, and did not try to hide it any more.

You see, Gambit ... it took me a while to realize what that young boy Fynn is doing here, so dont think I dont know what it´s like to be confronted with these Tinkers for the first time.
You see them prospering, and you see them taking the odd chance and swift connection here and there, and see all us Junkers hanging around grinning like puppies.
But you see, they really mean their code : Value Integrity over lawful conduct, and cherish your reputation.
It´s not a phrase or a promotion gag you know, its exactly what they say it is : a way of life. And I dont need to snitch on you, or to take opportunity of any side deal.

The old Barman patted his belly , belching a content burp before looking into the cooler with the fruit ice again.

Im perfectly in line here, caring for my folks. And I can offer to take you and your girls along. Will spare me a lot of nuisance if I have somebody reliable who knows where to get the best stuff, or who can pass on some news to the right ears without everybody noticing.
I can get you a permanent docking allowance here, and keep you updated on whay the quatermaster needs on a daily to weekly bias, from bulk deliveries over the odd case of vodka and beer down to the single but urgent load of high quality synth gel for the clinic or the best bottle of gallic wine for our Foreman Fynn.

Olsen leaned towards the guest again, pointing at the datapad before him.

Of course you can also pull most of the data out of the trade list if Fynn and me remember to update it. We do, from time to time, no worries.

So , Gambit... tell me again. You want money from me ? A salary every week or month ?
Funny, I didnt think you would be happy with pocket change.

... smiling his usual benevolent smile ...

Tell me again, trader : What offer do you have for me ? What can you do to serve the Haven and to earn a place at our table ? Liquor ? Girls ? Reliable and regular supplies for my Cantina, from all over Sirius ?
I am listening to you, willing to hear your offer.
Or I will show you where to find joung Fynn or adress you to Doc Nagger over there.
You are welcome to try, I will be here, caring for my poor little bar.
Ah, a delightful place to rest after a long life in the debris fields and rough junker stations, huh ?