Discovery Gaming Community
The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven (/showthread.php?tid=120362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-16-2015

Gambit started to roll up his Synthweed. He wondered if the old man was abit off. He had told him what the deal was...20 Girls a week and 100 cases of assorted Booze, what was so hard about understanding that?

"Yea...you got a nice little place here, no doubt about that. I just bought a place called "The Bullseye", out on Planet Manhattan on the New Catalonia peninsula...I aint got it open yet." He put the pouch of SynthWeed back in the inside pocket of his "Cut".

"But yea, just so you understand me....I aint looking for a salary, or a place at anyones table, I got that covered....What I do need from you is a simple Yes or No to the deal I am offering you...20 New girls a week, and 100 cases of assorted high quality Booze non-Taxed, and for this service you reimburse me 3Mill per week, If this sounds good to you Great, if it can´t be done for whatever reason...No worries, its all good, and we part on good terms."

Gambit was about to spark up his Synthweed, out of courtesy he stretched out his arm toward the Old man. "Smoke?"

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-16-2015

Olsen seemed a bit disapointed, but nodded curtly and answered :

Well, if you want me to cash you a regular transfer so that your girls come here the answer is no.
Simple as that.
And no thanks, I prefer a good drink to the smoke.

Anything else you have to offer ?

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-17-2015

Frank Gambit put the splitf in his mouth and let it hang there. He pulled out his Data Pad and started to tap out a message on it.
"Well, my Friend.." he said as he typed. "Im sure there are some more things we could help you out with, I would have to talk to my Prez first." He finished his message and put his data pad away.

"But, we Should start to get to know each other somehow right? " He reached for his glass and eased himself back against the leather backed booth. " I mean, I seen some of your ships out pretty far from home, and it is always nice to have a pair of eyes out there looking out for ya, eyes that no one else knows you have. I mean .....giving you the heads up and saving a transport or two, just for passing on some intel to your guys, is worth way more than giving some nice clean girls a job for a week."

He glanced over to the door, and watched as everyone in the Cantina took notice of the three beautiful women he had broght from the Golden Dragon. He emmidiatly knew they were a hit. Not overly dressed, all wearing a smile and heading in his direction. He turned back to Olsen.

He flashed a smile that was disarming and menacing at the same time. "Space is dangerouse. I just wanna make it safer and more comfortable for you guys here at The Haven in anyway I can."

The three ravishing women walked up to the booth where Olsen and Frank were sitting.

"Olsen my friend, I would like you to meet Candi, Ruby and Glitter, i hope you dont mind, but I forgot my lighter in my ship, and these nice ladies were kind enough to bring it to me."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - nOmnomnOm - 04-17-2015

The three girls walk into the bar and look around before noticing Frank out at a booth with another man. Talking amongst themselves they walk up to the gentlemen while meeting some eyes of people watching them. Candi who was out in front was enjoying herself with all the eyes on her as she walked in her heals and tight yellow dress. Her walk towards the table was already being provocative and seducing and as she notices from the corner of her eye someone spying taking a glance and looks over and bites her lip seductively at the man before she reaches the table.

She bends a little forward as she comes next to Frank and takes a lighter from under her bra and slips it to him. "Here you go, sir... you forgot this by your bed." She says and looks at the man he is with and gives him a wink. She has been good in hiding controlling the artificial body language and she adds a smile.
"Hey there handsome..." He giggles a little as she says it towards Olsen. With her bent forwards he could very well take a peak at her goods.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-17-2015

Olsen started laughing again, clearly enjoying the show.

You are good at haggling, remind me never to be stupid enough to try and play cards with you.
Sure, let the girls look around. Will be amusing to watch and will get them lots of attention. But it does not change my point.

The fat old Junker took a deep look at the girls offering, honoring the view with a fine nod.
But his attention remained with Gambit, without too much distraction.

I will offer you good prices and even a bonus to fetch me some fine stuff for the Cantina, Gambit. But I will not pay you a monthly obulus so that you send them here, same as Fynn will not charge anybody a monthly fee to get docking access to the Haven. This is no pleasure palace and no Spa and Cruise orbital, and more and more I get the impression you dont understand how this works here. But that would be your Problem, not mine.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Pioneer - 04-18-2015

UD-5
Staging.

Money always changes everything. Delivery had been made, payment had been accepted, and he was one step closer. After such a long time in Vierlande, money could buy you almost anything. Anything except the company of a woman. There were only one or two of the female guards who turned "tricks" for some of their favorite toys - he had no been an instrument of choice. And while he yearned for the ...touch, he somehow knew it was not to be.

"Junkers," he muttered to himself, crossing the bar. They had sequestered themselves at Tinkers - like they owned the place. Some hot chick in a yellow dress was putting some moves on an old guy - wait - did she just lift his wallet? He wasn't sure, and headed for a corner. He'd seen this tart before - her name was Candi or something consumable like that. She looked the part, but she could have been anyone.

She was someone worth watching if she was staging in the Cantina.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - oZoneRanger - 04-18-2015

"Fair enough Olsen...Fair enough." Frank Gambit got up and lit his spliff and moved off to the side of the table. "I wont waste anymore of your time Brother, but in all honesty I think it is a mistake." He took a drag off the spliff. "But you know the ole saying...¨The First Mistake is Free¨.

He leaned over and placed his joint in the ash tray on the table. "Now, where can a tired man drain his snake around here?...I been holding it in since Shikoku."

He gave the two girls with Candi a raised left eyebrow. "Girls...I think I am gonna need some help holding this thing....or at least some help shaking off the dew...." He finished his sentence with a smile, turned and started walking towards the door with the two giggling girls in tow.

As he was passed the table with the young lady in medical grab he said. "You ever looking for different line a work, you look me up sweatheart." He kept moving with the two girls behind him, the Doc almost chocking on her first bite of the turkey club sandwich she had ordered.

Gambit and the two Girls left the Cantina, but instead of heading for the lavatory, they made their way to the docking bay, boarded Gambits Camara, strapped in and left Tinkers Haven.

Candi would call when she need a lift.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Doreen - 04-18-2015

She just watched them leave, shaking her head with an eye roll as they left. "A new line of work," she whispered under her breath followed by a chuckle, "the only thing they have that I don't is an STD." Getting up from her lunch for a moment, she went over to Fynn.
"Remind me when he domes back, if he does, to stock up on penicillin," she quipped, "he even offered me a job. What a gentleman."
She then smiled to Fynn, "I guess its a good thing Bennie wasn't out here for that. I'll be at my table finishing up and reviewing some records. With that, she returned to her table.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 04-18-2015

Fynn had been watching the whole scenario from back in the room by chance, and nodded at Doreen as she came to him standing at the corridor entrance to the Administratiive offices.

Jep, Doc. No idea what that was but I will question Olsen later on. Penicillin... ok, noted.

The joung Junker watched Doreen going back to her table, then fixed his stare on Olsen till the older man noticed. A few short gestures between the two and Fynn shook his head, turned and left the Cantina again for his office. Olsen would tell him the whole story later but had not signaled any urgency.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Alan MacGregor - 07-28-2015

"Thanks" said Alan, picking up the glass of whiskey the bartender brought to him. He took a long sniff at the rim of the glass before taking a sip and muttering "Now that's some good Whiskey."

He got up and stood in front of the window, staring out into space, watching the ships slowly fly by where he had been all day. It was the end of a long day of Salvaging and flying, bringing the goods back here. Today was a particularly long day which made him appreciate the view (and the whiskey) that much more. He took another sip, contemplating as the ships passed. "This place is feeling more and more like a home every day... Much more so than the Junker bases around here" he said under is breath "I wonder if there is more i could be doing here..."

He took a large gulp, finishing the glass and returned to the bar "Another please" he said, and another was brought. "Thanks again" he said, paying for both drinks now and leaving a sizable tip, then found a seat with a good view of the planet. "Next chance I get, I'm finding Flynn and asking if there is something more I could be doing here." He continued to drink, just watching the ships fly by.