Discovery Gaming Community
Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline (/showthread.php?tid=120393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - JayDee Kasane - 09-10-2014

The comrade Premier approves the thread with huge ILIKE button. If anyone could make the idea possible, Im sure there will be many people who will love to dump credits as a reward to modeler (if he wants them). Or maybe other way to pay... 8|

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Vredes - 09-10-2014

Yessss! Why not rebalance them? Recuced size, smaller shield bubble, improved turn speed or additional gun? The current coalition snublinec is a red copy of the borderworlds one in in terns of looks.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Tabris - 09-10-2014

That's partly what this is about Vredes, we are LOOKING for somebody to do that stuff. XD

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-10-2014

(09-10-2014, 11:06 AM)Tabris Wrote: That's partly what this is about Vredes, we are LOOKING for somebody to do that stuff. XD

Either that or someone which could make us a new Snubline that looks similar to the old Ships xD

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Treewyrm - 09-10-2014

Just a word though - there'll be tougher requirements for quality for submissions. Not only they need to work properly they also need to be of good quality, fitting style and all that. However don't panic. Technical-wise they just need to be made using same techniques vanilla ships made, to have proper surface smooth grouping (hint: use 3ds max to do that right, ms3d can't export 'em properly), not exceeding polycount budget and have good uv mapping job.

Last but not the least - don't do unique texture set for each ship. That's not how things are done in FL. Either use recolored (in material library Dc and Ac properties, not in photoshop!!!) vanilla texture sets or make textures that would be reused by entire shipline.

That being said I do like distinctive style of the old models. Perhaps use them as a design base to create proper ships.

Perhaps I could give it a try but only after omicrons update release. And it'll be ultra expensive.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Mao - 09-10-2014

Finally, a good thread made by Snake. I support this (even with in game credits if it comes to that). I disliked SCRA decision to switch to this mundane style that we have now. Let's bring back the unique Coalition.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-10-2014

(09-10-2014, 12:07 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: Just a word though - there'll be tougher requirements for quality for submissions. Not only they need to work properly they also need to be of good quality, fitting style and all that. However don't panic. Technical-wise they just need to be made using same techniques vanilla ships made, to have proper surface smooth grouping (hint: use 3ds max to do that right, ms3d can't export 'em properly), not exceeding polycount budget and have good uv mapping job.

Last but not the least - don't do unique texture set for each ship. That's not how things are done in FL. Either use recolored (in material library Dc and Ac properties, not in photoshop!!!) vanilla texture sets or make textures that would be reused by entire shipline.

That being said I do like distinctive style of the old models. Perhaps use them as a design base to create proper ships.

Perhaps I could give it a try but only after omicrons update release. And it'll be ultra expensive.

You'd gain more than ultra expensive if you could make it before Omicron Update [Image: icon-smirk.gif] But don't push xD if there realy isn't enough time for it, then we'll wait np.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Tabris - 09-10-2014

Since when are the good things in the mod cheap Tree? Wink Well except me as a date that is. Wink

But in any case, I applaud efforts by our modeling community to take a whack at this project, it isn't easy recapturing the youth of the faction's hayday and the classic feel of the intro ships. XD Xing was alot of things but he sure was determined to recapture the feeling of distinct 'Coalition' style you got when you saw those ships from the Introduction.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Madotsuki - 09-15-2014

The old Coalition snubline is what reminds us of the old disco. I think that I should say "+1".

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Evo - 09-15-2014

gief old coalition snub line back. Make it the same but better model quality and balance. OLD COALITION OR RIOT