Discovery Gaming Community
Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline (/showthread.php?tid=120393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Tabris - 09-15-2014

XD I hear you Evo, only issue is finding a modler who feels up to the challenge. Wink If you know somebody then I encourage them to take a potshot at this. Big Grin

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-16-2014

[Image: 33djmlt.jpg]

[Image: 2j1ve4h.jpg]

Well the Gaian VHFs model has it Big Grin I'm sure the modellers can think of something too

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Haste - 09-16-2014

Be careful with using the Gaian VHF as a 'Balance goal' or something, though, as it currently lacks a shield hitbox like the Sutinga and various other ships do.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Mao - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:07 PM)Haste Wrote: as it currently lacks a shield hitbox like the Sutinga
What does that mean? I have both ships and I can't say there's anything wrong with them.

Normally, ships have a (substantially) larger hitbox that's used only while the shield is up. Then, a skin-tight hitbox is used for the hull when shields are down.

Recent additions and remodels such as Sutinga, Sunrider, Chameleon and Blossom do not have said larger hitbox when shields are up. They're always skin-tight.

A pretty obvious and substantial advantage that is, fortunately, going to be fixed for the next update.

Here's the Sabre, a pretty good example. Left: With shields, Right: Without shields.

[Image: gv5yfuP.png]

The ships mentioned have no equivalent of the left, much "larger" hitbox at all. As such, their shields are unusually difficult to drop.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Mao - 09-16-2014

I see... this makes those ships kinda OP but I really didn't feel that while flying the Chameleon.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 07:23 PM)Mao Wrote: I see... this makes those ships kinda OP but I really didn't feel that while flying the Chameleon.

Yeah, Sutinga maybe but Chameleon? Nope didn't feel it one bit.

It's most noticeable between two opponents of somewhat comparable skill levels. Perhaps not as bad as the Sutinga, no, but that's virtue of the Sutinga's flat shape, in all likelihood.

Anyways, there's no point to arguing whether or not you 'felt' this or that - it's a fact that the Chameleon lacks a shield hitbox, and it's a fact that that creates an advantage for the ship. Perhaps the ship's other stats are subpar and end up compensating for that, I haven't flown it (except on a testing server) so I wouldn't know. However, that's a problem for others to solve.

It's merely worth noting that if we're discussing ship models and whether or not they can be balanced properly, it's best not to compare things to currently broken / not perfectly functioning ships.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-17-2014

(09-16-2014, 11:02 PM)Haste Wrote: It's most noticeable between two opponents of somewhat comparable skill levels. Perhaps not as bad as the Sutinga, no, but that's virtue of the Sutinga's flat shape, in all likelihood.

Anyways, there's no point to arguing whether or not you 'felt' this or that - it's a fact that the Chameleon lacks a shield hitbox, and it's a fact that that creates an advantage for the ship. Perhaps the ship's other stats are subpar and end up compensating for that, I haven't flown it (except on a testing server) so I wouldn't know. However, that's a problem for others to solve.

It's merely worth noting that if we're discussing ship models and whether or not they can be balanced properly, it's best not to compare things to currently broken / not perfectly functioning ships.

Mkay... But just saying, just gave examples about wings down y'know. As I see the old Coalition Snubline looked close to the Intro ones but they aren't the ACTUAL intro Snubs, so maybe this time focus on the Intro snub. Will show you examples:

[Image: photo-203-5b815cf2.png] [Image: photo-204-efce83c3.png] [Image: photo-185-d888c409.png]

just giving out more examples so you can make a better picture of the whole thing. As you can see the wings aren't completely looking downwards, but you know what I mean, maybe this might fix the shield issue, instead of STRAIGHT down make it like these.

RE: Ship Modelling Request: Coalition Snubline - Tabris - 09-17-2014

The point of balancing is kinda moot at this stage since a modler has not stepped forward at this time with a model. (shrug) After/If one comes forth it can be looked at and determined if it can be balanced fairly in terms of stats and shield-boxing, afterall all we can do is assume at this point in time which is frankly not very efficient nor precise. Sad