Discovery Gaming Community
What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? (/showthread.php?tid=120572)

Pages: 1 2

What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-14-2014

Yeah I just checked some vanilla Freelancer PvP duels on youtube (also I remember me myself back in those days) the snubs were MUCH faster and realy agile, but in discovery they seem so slowly turning...

Awesome dogfights with cool and balanced agility, not slow turn rates. Was this some kind of suggestion or what happened?

NOTE: That's not a falcon Wink just an eagle with broken back wings

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Jack_Henderson - 09-14-2014

I hate the ultra-swishy-no-one-hits-a-thing fights.

VHF fighting is okay as it is now.
Everything smaller with more agility is just a pain and silly, imo.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Vredes - 09-14-2014

Those are eagles, eagles were fast.

Edit: Those are not even eagles. Those are falcons, HFs. If you want speed, hop into a bayonet.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Mephistoles - 09-14-2014

They're Eagles with the bottom wings blown off to reduce profile and explosive damage, the standard setup in vanilla.

The biggest difference that hit me here on Discovery is fighter hitboxes. They just seem much tighter with gunfire being harder to land on the target.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - DragonLancer - 09-14-2014

@Snake:
Vanilla fights lasted just a few seconds without any chance for tactics.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Rodriguez - 09-14-2014

(09-14-2014, 11:48 AM)Vredes Wrote: Those are eagles, eagles were fast.

Edit: Those are not even eagles. Those are falcons, HFs. If you want speed, hop into a bayonet.
Those are not Falcons with nomad guns.

(09-14-2014, 12:46 PM)dragonlancer Wrote: @Snake:

This.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Haste - 09-14-2014

Saying "the snubs" were all very agile is a little silly.

The Eagle was about fourteen times faster than anything comparable. A few novelty ships worked if you stuck missiles on them. That about sums up PvP in vanilla.

I think Disco's balancing is quite superior, although the length of fights could be considered a disadvantage. Even after the VHF fighter gun buff, fighters that run away can last a long, long time thanks to armor upgrades (and in a fair few cases, thanks to their amazing hull shape).

If you want something as amazingly speedy as the old Eagle, grab a Bayonet or something. That's why LFs and HFs exist.

For reference, the Eagle had a turn rate of almost 77 degrees per second. The Titan and Sabre had the same turn rate at 60 degrees per second. It's worth noting that the Sabre had a wonky amount of mass which allowed it to change velocities through strafing / thrusting more quickly than other ships.

The Bayonet these days outspeeds the old Eagle.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-14-2014

(09-14-2014, 02:34 PM)Rodriguez Wrote:
(09-14-2014, 12:46 PM)dragonlancer Wrote: @Snake:

This.

But, that's how fighters should be, they aren't Capital Ships :/ Fighters usualy DIE quick in a battle. Makes it fun too ))

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - Mephistoles - 09-14-2014

How they are saying what they are saying gives the impression of exaggeration. Fights are like that only if you're far below your opponent and/or get (un)lucky. Sure, they're faster than fights here, but I find pvp becomes tedious and boring at times with the amount of hp and aforementioned hitboxes Discovery fighters have when I'm used to fast-paced carnage.

Another difference would be that killing your opponent is the primary objective, rather than not dying. When you can fight, kill, die, respawn and repeat then that's possible, on an RP server things are different, but still (just in my opinion) taken a little too seriously anyway regarding the fabled blue.

RE: What happened to the "REAL" agility of the Snubs? - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-14-2014

Yah, exactly. That's how it should be Smile I like those dogfightings kinda, you realy have to be focused and be good in using engine kill at the perfect time