Discovery Gaming Community
whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? (/showthread.php?tid=120778)

Pages: 1 2 3

whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Mímir - 09-18-2014

whats the best gunboat and loadout for exclusively hunting other gunboats on a freelancer ID?

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Haste - 09-18-2014

If the Asco is available at 75% for freelancers, probably that. I'm not much of a gunboat expert though.

Anyone sane will suggest you get Solaris on whatever boat you pick. They're better at hitting gunboats (and snubs for that matter) than any other gunboat weapon.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - SnakThree - 09-18-2014

Please no Asco.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Fluffyball - 09-18-2014

As I saw with my own eyes, Condor is not even a gunboat to fight with. I mean, even Uruz on 90% with Cerbs is more powerful than that.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Kirill - 09-18-2014

KuExp with pulse/cerb setup will do the work. 4 cerbs on wings, 2 pulses and maybe one rocket on back.
Or just fullcerb.

Civ and BW GBs are really agile, but they can't do much DPS cuz of 400k core. KuExp have 600k one.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Haste - 09-18-2014

Cerbs aren't going to actually hit another gunboat, in my experience. Not a gunboat that knows what it's doing, anyways.

Plus, last time I flew gunboats cerbs weren't even (much) more efficient than solaris.

(09-18-2014, 10:14 PM)Haste Wrote: Cerbs aren't going to actually hit another gunboat, in my experience. Not a gunboat that knows what it's doing, anyways.

Plus, last time I flew gunboats cerbs weren't even (much) more efficient than solaris.

Your core will be dry really fast with solaris, they are very energy inefficient. And they have very low range.
If you can't hit GB, then just use basic/factionprimary setup.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Fluffyball - 09-18-2014

(09-18-2014, 10:14 PM)Haste Wrote: Cerbs aren't going to actually hit another gunboat, in my experience. Not a gunboat that knows what it's doing, anyways.

Cerbs suck to aim, both on Transports and Gunboats, but they have a very nice punch. About 1500(?) on Shields and 3000 on hull with a transport turret. Uruz has 12 turrets.

So...

(09-18-2014, 10:19 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:

Cerbs suck to aim, both on Transports and Gunboats, but they have a very nice punch. About 1500(?) on Shields and 3000 on hull with a transport turret. Uruz has 12 turrets.

So...
* Kirill remebers killing LiGB on 2 pirate trains, piligrim and salvager without even losing shields.
Actually, that's good idea. But not agains GB, battletranports lacks agility.

RE: whats the "best" gunboat for freelancers? - Lythrilux - 09-18-2014

Unless you're fighting caps, never use cerbs unless you can actually aim against other gunboats and know your arcs well. Cerbs are terrible against snubs though.
Solaris are generally the way to go because you're pretty versatile. If you want to play a more supportive role, mount a gunboat missile. If you have access to two different types of gunboat missile turret, then use two gunboat missiles if you want to be even more effective against snubs (though I don't think there's another gunboat missile turret other than the basic one that won't drop your core to 75% on an FL ID). You can also try razors as well.
Basics are only good if you can use/aim then. Your best bet is to chainfire those though.

tl;dr solaris boat is a good bet. If I had to suggest a specific setup, a condor with solaris and a razor mounted on it's top gun (I think that's slot 2) can work well. It has good coverage.