Discovery Gaming Community
Someone help please - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Someone help please (/showthread.php?tid=120818)

Pages: 1 2

Someone help please - Tutashkhia - 09-19-2014

So I bought a new laptop a week ago and re-installed the windows to windows 7. It didn't install all the drivers but usually I solve this by searching the alternative ones in the internet. I tried this time too but I failed.

I tried updating driver... it searched in internet too, then showed that it was successfully updated. It demanded restarting windows... I did so. But I have the same problem again... it doesn't work.

The problem is that I'm away from my hometown and I don't have disk with me...

P.S Without the graphic driver i cannot open Freelancer

Also I even tried uninstalling that driver and tried "scan for hardware change" too but it doesn't change anything. It still shows the same error.

RE: Someone help please - Gondoros - 09-19-2014

Have you tried here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

RE: Someone help please - evanz - 09-19-2014

scan for hardware change, is pointless ive never seen it work correctly, sometimes you need to "kick" windows to get it work

it could be that the already installed generic driver wont allow the proper one (windows loves doing that)

try this, download the correct one (the HD one), uninstall, the "standard vga" driver, it might say "windows needs to restart", click cancel, and try to install the HD one, and then reboot

RE: Someone help please - dirmaster0 - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:13 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: So I bought a new laptop a week ago and re-installed the windows to windows 7. It didn't install all the drivers but usually I solve this by searching the alternative ones in the internet. I tried this time too but I failed.

I tried updating driver... it searched in internet too, then showed that it was successfully updated. It demanded restarting windows... I did so. But I have the same problem again... it doesn't work.

The problem is that I'm away from my hometown and I don't have disk with me...

P.S Without the graphic driver i cannot open Freelancer

Also I even tried uninstalling that driver and tried "scan for hardware change" too but it doesn't change anything. It still shows the same error.

Go to the manufacturer's website of your computer, put in the model number (or service tag in some cases) of the computer on their support page, you should find the driver downloads listed for each category of hardware components (Display, Network Adapters, etc). Open device manager to see which ones youre missing as well.

RE: Someone help please - Ponge - 09-19-2014

According to your Device list, you have a combo VGA, which contains a low-grade chip for Windows and other non-DirectX applications, and a better chip for DirectX applications and games. I have a similar system.

If I'm correct about this:
according to my experience, you need the special driver shipped with your laptop on the CD/DVD. If you don't have the disk with you, try to serch the laptop's manufacturer's website for a driver. I tried with AMD driver on my similar dual-GPU system, and that did not work.

RE: Someone help please - Tutashkhia - 09-20-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:16 PM)Gondoros Wrote: Have you tried here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I've tried... but it doesn't work.

RE: Someone help please - Gondoros - 09-20-2014

Well given that you don't have any drivers you could try getting a driver finder software, really easy to use. I've used driver genius and it found all my drivers, had no problems with it. Or others similar to it, there are a lot out there.

RE: Someone help please - King Owl - 09-20-2014

Driver pro

I had the same issue so time ago, but a good friend of mine recomanded me this. The program scans your computer and so you know what to download and if i am not wrong there it gives you the option to let the program to optimize them

Hope it's useful

RE: Someone help please - dirmaster0 - 09-20-2014

Driver utility programs are garbage, do not download them, they're just a means to load junkware & malware on your computer.
Your next possible option would be to open device manager, right click the device w/ the missing driver and select properties, then select the Details tab, then select Hardware ID on the drop down menu that appears on that tab--Copy and past the first entry into Google to see what the missing driver pertains to if youre having trouble determining what the missing driver is for. Again though, check out the manufacturer's website of the brand of computer you have, it will most likely list the drivers used after you input your computer model or serial numbers on their support site.

RE: Someone help please - Tutashkhia - 09-23-2014

(09-20-2014, 02:52 PM)dirmaster0 Wrote: Driver utility programs are garbage, do not download them, they're just a means to load junkware & malware on your computer.
Your next possible option would be to open device manager, right click the device w/ the missing driver and select properties, then select the Details tab, then select Hardware ID on the drop down menu that appears on that tab--Copy and past the first entry into Google to see what the missing driver pertains to if youre having trouble determining what the missing driver is for. Again though, check out the manufacturer's website of the brand of computer you have, it will most likely list the drivers used after you input your computer model or serial numbers on their support site.

I tried the manufacturer's website and it showed me the suitable driver... I downloaded it but had problems with installing it. It didn't work.