Discovery Gaming Community
Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! (/showthread.php?tid=120857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Highland Laddie - 09-26-2014

(09-26-2014, 05:11 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: ...
Considering this, I ask the following: If hogosha groups decided to operate in and around Bretonia to target junkers (they can by their id), and considering their already bad relation with bretonians, would this affect in any way the relationship between bretonians and Samura/Kusari (since Hogosha/Bretonia relation is already at the worst condition possible)?

Target Junkers "around" Bretonia (which I take to mean the territory surrounding it, i.e. Taus, Independent worlds) I would venture to say no, this would not affect relations between Bret and Kusari, corporate or government. Targeting Junkers "in" Bretonia, my guess is that it might bring up a small manner of trouble between the governments, but not much overall . Breaking Bretonian law and attacking Bretonian or other lawful targets, however, would definitely earn them the ire of the Government and demand some immediate consequences.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Euca - 09-27-2014

(09-21-2014, 06:02 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: How would the Hogosha benefit from being able to attack Junkers in Bretonia? While the two factions certainly are hostile, it's not like either side has been attempting to encroach on the other faction's turf recently. Even if the Junkers had been aggressive, the most direct path of retaliation would be to slip into Liberty, rather than cross the war front.

Discovery Wiki Wrote:Hogosha translates literally as "guardian" or "protector," reflecting the organization's rather romantic view held not only by its own members, but by a large portion of the Kusari population -- though by no means the majority.

As you can see from Echo's comment and the Wiki History, the Hogosha are the guardians/protectors of Kusari. How do they protect Kusari in Bretonia? If this was proposed a few months earlier with Bretonia and Kusari still in a cold war state, then it'd make more sense, but now, it simply doesn't.

Expanding their ZoI in the Taus is sufficient enough to gain activity as they can attack the Junkers hauling Premium Scrap into Alpha (unless it already is). But having them in Bretonia just so they can pirate Junkers seems a tad out there.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - dierton - 09-27-2014

(09-27-2014, 01:08 AM)Wulverine Wrote: As you can see from Echo's comment and the Wiki History, the Hogosha are the guardians/protectors of Kusari. How do they protect Kusari in Bretonia? If this was proposed a few months earlier with Bretonia and Kusari still in a cold war state, then it'd make more sense, but now, it simply doesn't.

Expanding their ZoI in the Taus is sufficient enough to gain activity as they can attack the Junkers hauling Premium Scrap into Alpha (unless it already is). But having them in Bretonia just so they can pirate Junkers seems a tad out there.

Having only read this post, I wanna say the following

Restricting the Hogosha to just Kusari makes them nothing but a generic ID faction. They can only pirate outside of Kusari. Having their ZOI only be Kusari means they can only pirate in 23, 29, Rishiri, Kepler, Galileo, and Sigma 13. Meaning they can do nothing at all because all those systems (barring 23 and occasionally Kepler) are dead. They can't kill Junkers, their main enemy, because Junkers never go to Kusari (GENERALLY, posting screens of random junkers in kusari doesn't count as activity). I say give the Hogosha Liberty and Bretonia to stomp around in. This will give them areas to use their ID to the fullest, fight who they're supposed to fight, and get people to (maybe) play the faction.

the fa dont matter tho lel

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Ryunosuke - 09-27-2014

Hogosha isn't restricted anywhere. None character is, you can go wherever you want to. What changes is the action you may do in different places.
What's restricted in Hogosha ID? The places where they can demand cargo and credits.
As already mentioned, Hogosha can demand ANY cargo and credits in kusari bondering systems, read those as:
Sigma 13, Sigma 19, Okinawa, Galileo, Kepler, Tau 23, Tau 29, Nagano, Tottori. And there are a lot of trading ships flying through those. But not only that, they can demand Cargo considered illegal within Kusari and levy fines (aka demanding credits).

Maybe not much fun inside kusari. But Hogosha is not a faction that profits greatly from piracy, their main income is from Contraband, and the actions they take is to keep their business running. Piracy is just a plus, that's why they are quasi.

Now, shooting Junkers is something you can do anywhere with the Hogosha ID, that means all the systems, including house space and not only Kusari.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Sath - 09-27-2014

Just register on the BBs which have Junkers targeted and kill Junkers 24/7. Problem?

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Zen_Mechanics - 09-30-2014

Actually, Kusari is the only house where Junkers can Pirate - presicely for that reason ( and yes, because of Hogosha too ) - So the job is to talk with the junkers and tell them to visit kusari more often ( I give credit to Lyth cuz' his guild actually do roam Kusari ) And then there wouldn't be any need for a change. Otherwise, its a terrible Idea to give them more ZOI.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - tothebonezone - 09-30-2014

no

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - dierton - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 09:36 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Otherwise, its a terrible Idea to give them more ZOI.

Elaborate pls

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Highland Laddie - 09-30-2014

There's already been elaboration on why. Go back and read.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Lythrilux - 01-16-2015

boopity bump.