Discovery Gaming Community
Loss/Crashing problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Loss/Crashing problems (/showthread.php?tid=120858)

Pages: 1 2

Loss/Crashing problems - Explorer487 - 09-20-2014

Okay so the lag and loss problems are back with a vengeance
The issue is sitting in game with a stable 79 ping and having 20-50% loss with no lag or fluct, eventually the game just DCs from the server. Now it's happening on all fronts, browsing, other games ect.

Recently it's become lag and loss. I'll attach and image showing what i mean by it.

There any way to configure my router or something to stop it doing that? From what i see in the Performance screen on network, it's showing Freelancer using 0-1 KBPS. My line speed is 55k. Almost like it's starving it of internet.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for the help

Edit: Here's what there is most of the time, this was taken about ten minutes ago from this edit (19/10/2014-21:04)

My ship about 10 minutes ago

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - dirmaster0 - 09-21-2014

Reinstall Freelancer and the Discovery mod (making sure to completely remove both after you back up your accounts).
Power cycle your network equipment and see if theres any changes--although do note that the server is in Germany, and your geographic location will determine how many hops a packet has to travel to reach the destination (server). You could also check to see if there are any issues with your ISP by visiting http://downdetector.com/

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Explorer487 - 09-21-2014

Reinstalled Disco and Freelancer onto a fresh partition altogether and shut down all my hardware and left it for an hour. Came back, restarted the whole smack and still no change. Checked the ISP they seem to be okay. I'm UK, which isn't that far from the server in comparison to the USA to which people I've spoken with have no issues. Strange..

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Rebirth - 09-21-2014

Some OS Informations, aswell on which bit your system is running either 32 or 64-bit?

regards,
Rebirth

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Explorer487 - 09-22-2014

Current OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Though my laptop runs exactly the same OS and its fine with Discovery, if not more unstable due to the wireless signal not being great where i use it.

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Rebirth - 09-22-2014

Add me on Skype, then I can take a look via Teamviewer if you wish. Got already an idea why this happens, just need to try it out.

regards,
Rebirth

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Chrystoph - 09-22-2014

If you are using a firewall, open UDP 2300-2400 for Freelancer.exe

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Explorer487 - 09-28-2014

Well push came to shove. Went through a few things but since I was upgrading all my PCs to 8.1 anyways. Seems a proper gutting of the drives have fixed it. New OS, fresh copies of all my drivers and now for once it's working perfectly. Probably just a screwed up copy of Windows 7 or a bad driver someplace. Consider this solved for now, cheers for the input folks

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Explorer487 - 10-19-2014

I'm back again sadly, and so are my problems. See the edited opening post. Any help which even improves this slightly would be fantastic!

RE: Loss/Crashing problems - Zen_Mechanics - 10-20-2014

do the following, open command prompt ( cmd )

run a trace route test,

tracert 8.8.8.8

Do that five times and tell me if theres any change in any of the tests ( and tell me if you get higher latency, such as 100ms and above ).

If in all tests the numbers are almost the same, slightly bigger or slightly smaller - Then your network is probably just fine. It may be that you need to change a cable ( applies only if you are using a router ) and if that doesn't do it, change frequency of the router ( 5/11 )

In rare cases, It's your ISP ( and if you guys have a strong winter, rain and fog - Then that would explain it )