Discovery Gaming Community
Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion (/showthread.php?tid=120906)

Pages: 1 2

Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - aerelm - 09-21-2014

As previously announced, system and local chat for cloaked ships were disabled as a trial run to assess its impact on server gameplay. After extensive discussion among the staff, it was decided to re-enable said chats for cloaked ships as the change have not had the desired impact on the server gameplay.

So, as of the time of this notice both local and system chats are re-enabled for cloaked ships. Have fun.

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - SnakThree - 09-21-2014

Thank you for allowing to roleplay with cloaked ships once more.

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - Rebirth - 09-21-2014

Thank you, now my PT will have a use again...

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - nOmnomnOm - 09-21-2014

...the trolling has begun again with cloaks.

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - LonelyPlanet - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 05:03 PM)aerelm Wrote: as the change have not had the desired impact on the server gameplay.

Just out of curiosity... what impact did you hope it would have?

Myself, I never saw anyone talk while cloaked, although I've seen lots of people spamming system chat while hiding (which is perfectly fine imo, as would have been to talk while cloaked), and I've seen a lot of other uses of cloak which I found more abusive (like surprise attacks, stalking, dropping bots for someone in a fight while cloaked, and cloaking while jumping which makes it absolutely impossible to catch someone).

Omg that makes the p-transport the best lolwut repair ship of all time.

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - Binski - 09-21-2014

[Image: The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg]

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - SnakThree - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 05:40 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: ...the trolling has begun again with cloaks.

Did you know that you could used /t while cloaked to same efffect?
Did you know that you could be off plane uncloaked and use /s to same effect?

RE: Cloak Changes Trial Phase Conclusion - SMGSterlin - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 05:40 PM)LonelyPlanet Wrote: I've seen a lot of other uses of cloak which I found more abusive (like surprise attacks, stalking, dropping bots for someone in a fight while cloaked, and cloaking while jumping which makes it absolutely impossible to catch someone).
That's kinda what cloaks were designed for...

(09-21-2014, 05:52 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 05:40 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: ...the trolling has begun again with cloaks.

Did you know that you could used /t while cloaked to same efffect?
Did you know that you could be off plane uncloaked and use /s to same effect?
did you know you can spam bots and bats? While cloaked. As well as extra equipment? Cuz I didn't! Big Grin