Discovery Gaming Community
Abusive players. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Abusive players. (/showthread.php?tid=120949)

Pages: 1 2

Abusive players. - Gommie - 09-22-2014

If this is the wrong forum, please move thread. Thanks.

On the 24/7 RP server, doing a mining run with a friend when we come across 2 Lane Hackers, working with a Junker.

One had a Fighter of some sort, one had a Gunboat, Battleship, Cruiser. Whatever. New to the game, so not 100% sure what all the ships are.

Disrupt trade lane. Fine. Lane hackers do that.

Then they spend 10 mins making us do stupid tests like "Shooting them", which they decide from that "Me and my friend are the same people" I didn't know a English and Belgium were the same place.

Oh, they also decide that only one us were miners. Even though we each had Mining Arrays on, and a Cargo full of Helium.

I don't mind being pirated against, but when someone basically stops you, and has cannons that 1 shot Police craft, then basically keep you there for 10 mins, wasting the 10 - 15 mins we spent mining, and the 15 mins we spent getting to that point. That's 40 mins of our time wasted, just for some children to go "We 1 shot you now." just because they thought we were the same person.

Isn't there some sort of system to prevent people like this from picking on new players, who are just trying to start off in the game by doing mining? Fair enough, you have those Recruit I.D. codes, But The fact they said that "You have nothing to fear from us." then they open fire because of all this crap? It's just stupid.

We were both flying Mammoths with 2 Mining Arrays, and 4 Civilian guns (For fighting NPC pirates if they became annoying), just so you all know.

RE: Abusive players. - Laura C. - 09-22-2014

Important advice - remove names from your post. What you are doing by naming people you accuse of anything is called "trial by forum" and it´s not allowed on the forums.

EDIT: About encounter itself - if they shot you only because they thought you are multiboxing (action when one player plays for more than one character at the same time) and thus for ooRP reason, feel free to report them here because they must have some inRP reason to shoot you and this is violation of rule
Quote:3. All attacks must be the result of some form of justifiable roleplay.

RE: Abusive players. - SnakThree - 09-22-2014

Hello, you refused to comply with our piracy demand and so you were shot down.

RE: Abusive players. - Gommie - 09-22-2014

Additional: They were in the Kusari area. Their Area of Influence is not in that system, I belive.

RE: Abusive players. - SnakThree - 09-22-2014

Shikoku is in Lane Hacker ZoI

RE: Abusive players. - Gommie - 09-22-2014

You killed us because you thought we were the same person. That's not a "Piracy Demand". What you did AFTER you said we were the same person, was though. Asking us to drop our entire cargo.

But, you shot us because you thought we were the same person. Admins just need to check the logs.

RE: Abusive players. - Fluffyball - 09-22-2014

If you were ooRPing in local chat, what is not allowed, it was you who broke the rules as well. Keep in mind that ooRP in local chat is a big no-no.

I believe there was a rule that prevented players below 25th LV being shot down, but for now it has changed. After all, you are flying Mammoth, what is a house ship, so they were okay to harass you, as long as it was inRP.

You also could wield Recruit ID, but then you are NOT ALLOWED TO TRADE. As I said before, you were already flying (rather) expensive (hell, even house ships) and they had ALL THE RIGHTS to pirate you. You are already present in the game and roleplay.

They pirate you or caught you, you must participate inRP with them - pay or die. There are no exclusions. I had learnt that hard way. Also, in future, scan ship as they do demands and read rules written in their ID.

RE: Abusive players. - Rebirth - 09-22-2014

Look, write a report and admins will take a look.
But I believe tbh, the Lane Hackers did nothing wrong. The server is there, because of interaction between players. And the Lane Hacker Faction is a bit more aggressive than the others, but np.

regards,
Rebirth

Edit; The Lane Hackers are trying to kill me a lot times a day also..

RE: Abusive players. - Connor - 09-22-2014

Gommie, if you believe they have done something wrong post a report in the violation section which can be found here, just like Laura said.

RE: Abusive players. - Chrystoph - 09-22-2014

This thread needs to be locked. All or most participants have posted, and it is, in my opinion, now a "trial".