Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.86 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.86 (/showthread.php?tid=121074)

Pages: 1 2

Discovery 4.86 - Fluffyball - 09-26-2014

I believe saying about 4.86 is almost like saying about daaark past of the mankind. So, there is a map for 4.86 that everyone know. The overall story is I just wanted to obtain a very nice map of Discovery universe, to I googled it and came across this:

[Image: 486Map.gif]

Good old 4.86 map, isn't it? But... There's something out of place here.

[Image: dSU4K0A.gif]

Could dev lit some knowledge what is (was) New Anglia and New Cambria? I suppose this map is taken from FL Companion or something like that, so... I found those two systems, connected with nothing but themselves, amusing.

And we have this, from our wiki:
Quote:New Cambria was a remote system in Bretonia that suddenly entered the jump hole network in early 818 A.S. It was surveyed very little, being only known to have jump holes to New Anglia and Londonderry. All survey teams were lost when the jump holes collapsed to it in 818 A.S. Since then, it is unknown what condition the system is in due to lack of routes leading to it and its sister system, New Anglia.
Quote:New Anglia was a remote system in Bretonia that suddenly entered the jump hole network in early 818 A.S. It was surveyed very little, being only known to have jump holes to Dublin and New Cambria. All survey teams were lost when the jump holes collapsed to it in 818 A.S. Since then, it is unknown what condition the system is in due to lack of routes leading to it and its sister system, New Cambria.

And now the question for one million dollars is... are devs planning something?

RE: Discovery 4.86 - Badperson - 09-27-2014

New Anglian and New Cambria used to be a system about to get introduced isn't the mod, but in 4.87 they scrapped the two systems.

RE: Discovery 4.86 - nOmnomnOm - 09-27-2014

Rather have them than Gallia Tongue

RE: Discovery 4.86 - Switchback - 09-27-2014

The original plan for the system if I remember correctly was the royal family of bretonia and the majority of the government would be retreating to one of these two systems once New London came under gallic assault.

Granted, they could still say "Hey look after splitting off they built a huge military to destroy Gallia" but that remains to be seen.

RE: Discovery 4.86 - Xoria - 09-27-2014

They were planned because Bretonian players complained about losing Leeds and Edinburgh to Gallia's invasion. There is no plan to add them into the mod.

RE: Discovery 4.86 - dierton - 09-27-2014

(09-27-2014, 04:14 AM)Xoria Wrote: They were planned because Bretonian players complained about losing Leeds and Edinburgh to Gallia's invasion. There is no plan to add them into the mod.

They were in the mod tho. I know because some kid in an Aquilon randomly jumped me there on the main server. They were really nice and I wish they were added

RE: Discovery 4.86 - Fluffyball - 09-27-2014

(09-27-2014, 04:59 AM)dierton Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 04:14 AM)Xoria Wrote: They were planned because Bretonian players complained about losing Leeds and Edinburgh to Gallia's invasion. There is no plan to add them into the mod.

They were in the mod tho. I know because some kid in an Aquilon randomly jumped me there on the main server. They were really nice and I wish they were added

Any way to obtain that version of the mod? I'm curious to check those two systems onto my own server for testing purposes.

RE: Discovery 4.86 - nOmnomnOm - 09-27-2014

Can we have screens of how they looked!? Now im curious!! Big Grin

RE: Discovery 4.86 - Echo 7-7 - 09-28-2014

(09-27-2014, 04:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Can we have screens of how they looked!? Now im curious!! Big Grin

(09-17-2012, 08:57 PM)Thunderer Wrote: ...
Screenshots: 1; 2; 3; 4.

RE: Discovery 4.86 - dierton - 10-01-2014

(09-27-2014, 04:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Can we have screens of how they looked!? Now im curious!! Big Grin

http://imgur.com/a/iywix

Yes I had a LN Hatchet. I took more screens, but hell if I want to dig for them. Cambria was one giant pretty nebulae