Discovery Gaming Community
Mind over matter. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Mind over matter. (/showthread.php?tid=121179)

Pages: 1 2

Mind over matter. - Blackvertigo1 - 09-29-2014

When the smarts get the best of us:

Is it okay to compute/triangulate in your head using three different jump co-ords in the same system to become aware of any other co-ord in the system (thus, including ANY other system) by a mental charting system thus being able to jump w/o a survey? Or is it that you require a survey'd point to jump first?

Like the x,y, and z co-ords I think it's in hexidecimal (123...A...D...F) in two strings representing the jump log?

Because I've never jumped a ship in disco, so bear with me.

I think either the first string tells where you are jumping from, and second, to... or the strings represent a basic nav site and gravity counterpart (thus if you try a "blind jump" you'll run into a star and blow up). OR is it a random encrypted string?

RE: Mind over matter. - SnakThree - 09-29-2014

Some explanation of Jumpdrive, Cloaking and Survey module.

RE: Mind over matter. - Blackvertigo1 - 09-29-2014

My thoughts where correct, according to this link.
Jump place 1:
Encrypted (aka randomized based on caculating hashcodes (you've got to work with the dirty old script/ini files to get a successful jump)).
Jumps; NY1: x, y, z. NY2: x, y, z. NY3: x, y z.

So if you get a reference of the co-ords you can then use priority filtering (fancy way of stating the above) to extract raw data from those three values. As long as the pre-jump data includes the same format your using when you survey you have an accurate detail of where you want to jump w/o using a fourth survey.

EDIT:
For example, if you want to jump in front of Manhattan by the docking ring without using a survey'd spot you'd have to take in effect the gravitation pull, and three values.

So, if the sun of NY is 0, 0, 0. Jumping right in front of the docking ring would be about around -34000, -34000, 0 would bringing you to the docking ring.

EDIT2: Do you have to type in "New York" (w/o qoutes) to jump to that system with the co-ords?

RE: Mind over matter. - Zed26 - 09-29-2014

No, you don't need to specify the system ahead of time, nor is gravity a factor in the game. I think the Hyperspace Coordinates include the System Name, x, y, z, Time they were taken, and accuracy level of the survey module used, then get encrypted and give the surveyor a big string of 56 characters in hexidecimal.

All a jumper needs to do is type in valid coordinates with /setcoords <coords> and it'll tell them the system, position, and whether they're outdated. Then you /charge and /jump when the drive is at 100%. Currently, coordinates can be used indefinitely as "expiration" just sets the arriving ships off course by a random amount. This can put you in the sun's corona or inside planets, but since gravity isn't a factor, it rarely happens.

I'm not sure what the exact encryption key is, but I think it's actually based on the server signature, so it'll differ from server to server.

A neat idea though.

RE: Mind over matter. - Leppy - 09-29-2014

You're putting way too much thought into this....

Use survey module and it spits out a string of 6 sets of 8 chars 0-F. Then (when jumping) you type /setcoords followed by the string received before. Then /charge and /jump to go

IE:

you: /survey
-=# s seconds later #=-
game: Hyperspace survey complete
game: Coords: AAAAAAAA-00000000-11111111-DDDDDDDD-99999999-FFFFFFFF

you: /setcords AAAAAAAA-00000000-11111111-DDDDDDDD-99999999-FFFFFFFF
game: Ok Coordinates verified: System x.y.z
you: /charge
-=# s seconds later #=-
you: /jump

EDIT: good luck trying to guess how System x.y.z is encrypted into the specific hex strings (which do change regularly btw)

RE: Mind over matter. - nOmnomnOm - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 10:22 PM)Leppy Wrote: You're putting way too much thought into this....

Use survey module and it spits out a string of 6 sets of 8 chars 0-F. Then (when jumping) you type /setcoords followed by the string received before. Then /charge and /jump to go

IE:

you: /survey
-=# s seconds later #=-
game: Hyperspace survey complete
game: Coords: AAAAAAAA-00000000-11111111-DDDDDDDD-99999999-FFFFFFFF

you: /setcords AAAAAAAA-00000000-11111111-DDDDDDDD-99999999-FFFFFFFF
game: Ok Coordinates verified: System x.y.z
you: /charge
-=# s seconds later #=-
you: /jump

EDIT: good luck trying to guess how System x.y.z is encrypted into the specific hex strings (which do change regularly btw)

But but.... his way is so much more cooler!!!
If you can crack the code.... omg genius!

Piggyback on other's surveys then???

I'm not revealing more than I have to at this point.

RE: Mind over matter. - nOmnomnOm - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 10:31 PM)Blackvertigo1 Wrote: Piggyback on other's surveys then???

yep. u can also sell codes for money Smile

Conspiracy! Anyways...

/thread

RE: Mind over matter. - Hermes - 09-29-2014

Very clever , i think we have someone who know codes here Wink

regards,
Xenon