Discovery Gaming Community
Base customization - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Base customization (/showthread.php?tid=121223)

Pages: 1 2 3

Base customization - The.Outlaw.Star - 09-30-2014

So is it possible to get some base customization?

>Lights

>color

>picture on side or decals (ex. ALG if its an ALG base ect.)

>maybe get some people in the bar. Like maybe a bar tender

I got 600 crew on the base i have never seen one of them!

so what are some thoughts of issues with this pls explain.

RE: Base customization - Apollon - 09-30-2014

No, not possible.

RE: Base customization - The.Outlaw.Star - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 07:17 PM)Ghost Reindeer Wrote: No, not possible.

anything is possible bro is a computer game

RE: Base customization - Apollon - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 07:20 PM)The.Outlaw.Star Wrote:

You can't just put things as how you want.
for example: If things are like how you said, you'll see ships having logos on their hull, and many other things. What you want needs edits in the game's files. And It is not possible at the current time.

RE: Base customization - Highland Laddie - 09-30-2014

Quote:>maybe get some people in the bar. Like maybe a bar tender

Not even that is possible? Is it that hard to make those files available for a PoB so you could "populate" your base with folks from your faction, or maybe factions to whom you are friendly?

RE: Base customization - Caconym - 09-30-2014

Unless I'm mistaken, every NPC you see in a bar, shop or whatever, are either completely unique in the case of the bartenders and other important NPCs, or procedurally generated using a certain set of conditions (e.g location of base, affiliation, NPC traffic going around it) to avoid having, for example, a corsair offering an assassination mission in a GRN base. This would mean that for every PoB, you'd need to enter the new conditions into the game files, so that the game considers it as a populated solar and gives it people. However, you'd need to edit these files for every change to the PoB's affiliation, location, or if it is destroyed, ect. This means extra unnecessary work for the devs and very frequent updates (basically one for every PoB or so, and a new one each time a PoB is created). Unless someone figures out a way to make the game automatically update itself each time a new PoB is created, and take the different conditions into account to populate the base (including creating a few random name and assigning the proper dialogues), then it would be not necessarily impossible, but too impractical.

RE: Base customization - Thyrzul - 09-30-2014

If you know that much of this computer game - because you sure sound like you do, at least made sure that you seem so - then would you mind enlightening us about how things are possible then?

@Void_Nemesis_GOF2
It's a 2003 game, there is nothing procedurally generated in it, the game is full of pre-defined sets and stuff.

RE: Base customization - Caconym - 10-01-2014

Ah, my bad. Then every NPC is hand made, and you'd need to create new ones for each base. Which is even more work.

RE: Base customization - The.Outlaw.Star - 10-01-2014

(09-30-2014, 11:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:

If you know that much of this computer game - because you sure sound like you do, at least made sure that you seem so - then would you mind enlightening us about how things are possible then?

Point and click man point and click.

all im sayin tho is that it would be awesome to have. if you would have told me 4 years ago we were gonna have PoB i would have said the same things you all are sayin "thats crazy its impossible" and look at Disco now!

RE: Base customization - dirmaster0 - 10-01-2014

Give us bio-domes! Big Grin