Discovery Gaming Community
starflea. reason for removal? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: starflea. reason for removal? (/showthread.php?tid=121485)

Pages: 1 2

starflea. reason for removal? - nOmnomnOm - 10-08-2014

Soooo... Just was curious why was that ship removed from the game? Any specific reason ?

And also a smaller (pun intended) question. Is the camera ship still able to be purchased?

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Murcielago - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 05:20 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Soooo... Just was curious why was that ship removed from the game? Any specific reason ?

And also a smaller (pun intended) question. Is the camera ship still able to be purchased?

Hey

I don't know answer on your first Q,
but Camera ship can be purchased in Conn on New Haven Station (price 100k sc) .

Regards

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - KaiserDietz - 10-08-2014

but... you can't see the camera ship

You could also potential unique request it. All the assets are already there ya know.

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Cælumaresh - 10-08-2014

It was probably removed since it can use 3 missile launchers, and since they removed all other vanilla ships and replaced them for example the guardian, i think they saw it fit to change the Flea for the Shuttle. Thats what i think it is, but im not sure.

Camera ship is for sale on New Haven in Conn.

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Badperson - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 06:09 AM)The_Lost Wrote: It was probably removed since it can use 3 missile launchers, and since they removed all other vanilla ships and replaced them for example the guardian, i think they saw it fit to change the Flea for the Shuttle. Thats what i think it is, but im not sure.

Camera ship is for sale on New Haven in Conn.

Nah, they still exist.

It's just that 99% of the players do not have the discontinued Vanilla ships, but they're still there.

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Gypsie Skripto - 10-08-2014

If this has anything to do with if being able to be level one is possible, yes, it's possible.

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Karst - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 06:09 AM)The_Lost Wrote: It was probably removed since it can use 3 missile launchers, and since they removed all other vanilla ships and replaced them for example the guardian, i think they saw it fit to change the Flea for the Shuttle. Thats what i think it is, but im not sure.

There are actually two versions of the Starflier, the one you start with and the one you could buy on Pittsburgh (or wherever it was). One of those (not sure which one) has three missile hard points, the other only has one.

Doesn't make a difference however - the Starflier's core can only fire the Firestalker or the entirely useless Catapult, and doing so uses its entire energy.

I guess it was simply phased out, became obsolete....the years go by in disco land and better ships arrive on the market.

RE: starflee. reason for removal? - Evo - 10-08-2014

One can still purchase a form of the starflea in the form of the starblazer, if you wish for an LF that closely follows it. I remember when we would lulz about in them in XA. Fun times.

RE: starflea. reason for removal? - nOmnomnOm - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 01:20 PM)Evo Wrote: One can still purchase a form of the starflea in the form of the starblazer, if you wish for an LF that closely follows it. I remember when we would lulz about in them in XA. Fun times.

Yeah im just wondering if it available or some kind of near similar one to lolz around in or have a little fun in for events or what not.

Are they still gonna be killed at cruised sleep if it bumps into something? Big Grin
'Cuz that's awesome for what I'm thinking.

RE: starflea. reason for removal? - Eonaros - 10-25-2014

I'd like to see Starflea at least purchaseable somewhere.