Discovery Gaming Community
The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The DaemonS and The Seraphim (/showthread.php?tid=121544)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Diablo666Daemon666 - 10-09-2014

In the wake of the Nomad War, and the conflict between The Order and The Core...there is still no peace in Sirius. Factions still fight each other, and have even constructed large forces and stations to restrict access to certain areas of space.
Into this arena, a new foe arises...Gallia. Gallia seems to hate every other House of Sirius, and the Pirate Nations too... And so, help is needed. In these dark days of war, there is a need for two things: Unity and Power!

THE SERAPHIM
Thus, the Seraphim arise. In times of great peril, these ancient beings have tipped the balance, bringing order to the chaos. With their compassionate attitude to ALL life, they seek to unify all "factions". They do not follow the "laws" of Man, nor do they have any underlying agenda. They are people of purity, integrity and love...and they wish to share this with anyone who needs it.

Despite their caring nature, and love for all life, they can fight...and often do. Some people dont always want the help they offer, and therefore attack them without mercy. So, the Seraphim respond with equal force. They are highly intelligent and very tactical.

The Seraphim allied themselves with the Zoners because of their mutual respect for peace. Also, after learning of The Order having formed an alliance with the DaemonS, the Seraphim allied themselvfes with The Core, and, of course, the Bounty Hunters Guild in an attempt to eradicate evil.

Their motto: "Only through peaceful unity can all people prosper"

THE DAEMONS
The DaemonS also march under the banner of loyalty and peace. However, they wish to accomplish this through fear and overwhelming power instead of peaceful unity.

Some say The DaemonS are compassionate warriors, who quickly come to the aid of those who need it, and dissappear just as fast. Others say they are ruthless, murderous beings, who will stop at nothing to cause total destruction.
Both are true, and neither are. The DaemonS dont love all life, but they will not waste time and effort destroying it all. They will have a peaceful co-existence with you if they can or they will totally annihilate you. Simple fact.

Of course, their laws and ways are directly OPPOSITE to that of the Seraphim, so they became enemies very quickly. The war between them has gone on for centuries...millennia...maybe even longer. Despite winning and losing in constant battles, the DaemonS have yet to secure a true victory.

The DaemonS quickly allied themselves with the The Order, following reports that they were a large, powerful criminal organization. They formed an alliance with the Corsairs because of their raw power and ability to instill fear. Also, they formed an alliance with the Xenos because they admired their loyalty and respect.

Their motto: "Fear, power and respect is the only way to peace."

SERAPHIM ALLIANCE INFORMATION
DaemonS -1
The Order -1
Corsairs -1
Xenos -1
The Core +1
Bounty Hunters +1
Zoners +1
All other factions Neutral

DAEMONS ALLIANCE INFORMATION
Seraphim -1
The Core -1
Bounty Hunters -1
Zoners -1
The Order +1
Corsairs +1
Xenos +1
All other factions Neutral

SHIP INFORMATION
The Seraphim mainly use Light Fighters in combat.
They have been known to utilize Bombers in larger assaults.
Seraphim Battleships and other heavy vehicles are rare, but not uncommon.

The DaemonS mainly use Heavy Fighters in combat.
They have been known to utilize Bombers in larger assaults.
Daemon Battleships and other heavy vehicles are rare, but not uncommon.

(I may end up creating ships for these factions, or maybe someone else can.)
(Seraphim ships are beautiful, with curves and frills, much like certain Kusari ships. They have names of Gods and legendary creatures: Zeus, Hercules, Hera, Orion, Pegasus, etc...)
(Daemon ships are hideous, with sharp edges and powerful lines, much like the Nephthys and Crow. They have names of Daemons and weapons: Azrael, Duriel, Mephisto, Battleaxe, Warhammer, etc...)

WEAPONRY
Seraphim weapons are slightly weaker than most others, but fire at a slightly faster rate/speed.
The beams/trails are green, blue or sometimes yellow.

Daemon weapons are more powerful than most others, but sacrifice refire rate and travel speed.
The beams/trails are red, purple or sometimes dark grey.

A WORD TO FORUM DUDES AND GAME ADMINS...
This is my first attempt at creating factions within Freelancer, so if there's any information I missed, or if any other information is required...dont hesitate to let me know.
Espacially as I have no idea what ID and IFF are...or what else I am supposed to add in.

SIDE NOTE
I am leader of The DaemonS, but the Seraphim are required to give us someone to fight. Perhaps someone can take THAT Faction over and have it as their own, or I will make a second character on my account to lead it...

STATIONS AND SECTORS
If thefactions become official, they probably will need sectors and stations. I have no idea as to where stations can be placed, nor what sectors the factions would have. The DaemonS would need to be somewhere near Corsair and Order space, while the Seraphim would need to be around the Core and the Zoners.
Sectors and Stations are, obviously, not named after HUMAN places, Names of sectors/stations can be revealed later.

Since BOTH of these "beings" are not FROM Sirius, they need some other way of accessing it. Jump Holes or Jump Gates probably wouldnt be their primary form of transportation. Black Holes or devices like the Alien Jump Gate (Nomad) seem more likely.
I have seen that there are "unstable wormholes" in certain sectors...perhaps something like those could be put in certain places to allow Seraphim and DaemonS access to their respective sectors AND to Sirius space...maybe call them "Dimensional Portals"?

RE: The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Diablo666Daemon666 - 10-09-2014

MORE INFO
The Wilds and the Nomads would obviously be NEUTRAL to these two factions, however Gallia probably wouldnt.

Order, Xeno and Corsair GUARD Factions would be less likely to attack the DaemonS.
Core, Zoners and Bounty Hunters GUARD Factions would be less likely to attack the Seraphim.
However, Guard Factions seem to hate EVERYONE that eners their space without the respective ID...?

The Seraphim would probably ally themselves with most LAWFUL Factions, in their goal of peaceful unity
The DaemonS would probably ally themselves with unlawful Factions, in their pursuit of unity through power.
BOTH would probably attack Gallia on sight, and eventually make enemies of the Nomads and the Wild.

Since neither of these beings are HUMAN, they wouldnt hesitate to befriend (or attack) ANY Faction in the pursuit of their respective goals.

RE: The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Venture - 10-09-2014

My god, you have made the record of making two factions altogether.

If made official, and Sectors created...
Two sectors must be created/allocated to The Seraphim.
Two sectors must be created/allocated to The DaemonS.
Two sectors must be created/allocated to allow Seraphim/DaemonS to meet and fight.

SECTOR EXPLANATION

-------------------------------------------------- Battlefield 1 --------------------------------------------------
Seraphim 2 ------ Seraphim 1 ------ Sirius Space ------ Daemon 1 ------ Daemon 2
-------------------------------------------------- Battlefield 1 --------------------------------------------------

As shown above: The first sector for each faction allows access to the Battlefields and to Sirius Space.
They also should allow access to the Factions SECOND sector, which is their points of origin. The points of origin, of course, can NOT be accessed by ANY Faction except themselves. These would be heavily guarded and viciously defended.

The Battlefields would need access points to each other, and to the Faction sectors. Weapons Platforms around the access points are required, but not overwhelmingly. NPC Patrols can be placed in their own sectors, and BOTH can be placed in the Battlefields.

Point of Origin sectors may not NEED Patrols by NPCs due to the Weapons Platforms restricting access. But you can put them in if you feel you need to add realism to those sectors.

Each of the two Battlefields would need MORE stations for each Faction respectively,
E.G. Battlefield 1 may have more Daemon Stations, but Battlefield 2 may have more Seraphim stations...

(10-09-2014, 04:22 PM)Oblivion Wrote: My god, you have made the record of making two factions altogether.

I like the idea that ANY faction should have a nemesis...because NOBODY is truly without an enemy.

Um...what other information is required before these can be considered...?

RE: The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Strichev - 10-09-2014

Your aspirations seem somewhat megalomaniac - especially the idea of implementing a series of new systems!

*A tumultuous crowd of people laughing can be heard in the background*

Seriously, you need to check some official faction pages for references as how to format such a write-up and stuff.

Mythical creatures? I don't think so. Nothing personal here.

Be warned, you're in for a ride with heavy flak. You got your flak jacket already? No? Better grab some ASAP! Because when Disco players start to give feedback...it's going to be the ninth circle of hell.

RE: The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Huursa - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 05:13 PM)Strichev Wrote: Your aspirations seem somewhat megalomaniac - especially the idea of implementing a series of new systems!

*A tumultuous crowd of people laughing can be heard in the background*

Seriously, you need to check some official faction pages for references as how to format such a write-up and stuff.

Mythical creatures? I don't think so. Nothing personal here.

Be warned, you're in for a ride with heavy flak. You got your flak jacket already? No? Better grab some ASAP! Because when Disco players start to give feedback...it's going to be the ninth circle of hell.
Cool idea and if you want to see what is feedback check out the pilgrim threads.

(10-09-2014, 05:13 PM)Strichev Wrote: Mythical creatures? I don't think so. Nothing personal here.

Mythical creature names aren't bad names for ships...
If you can name them after FISH, you can name them after anything!

Also, the Disco Players arent my concern. I wrote this idea for use on the Official RP Server.

Also, new Sectors are FINE...there are a shedload of new ones anyway. Pennsylvania, Ellesmere, A shedload of new Omicrons...

RE: The DaemonS and The Seraphim - Strichev - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 03:59 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: MORE INFO

-snip-

Since neither of these beings are HUMAN, they wouldnt hesitate to befriend (or attack) ANY Faction in the pursuit of their respective goals.

So, this faction is about humans thinking thy're not human? Because it seems that you want to introduce mythical being into FL universe. That's what I could gather from what you wrote so far, making your comment about naming ships odd.

(10-09-2014, 05:31 PM)Strichev Wrote: So, this faction is about humans thinking thy're not human? Because it seems that you want to introduce mythical being into FL universe. That's what I could gather from what you wrote so far, making your comment about naming ships odd.

No, these factions are NOT humans...technically.
Just as the Nomads aren't...

How does that relate totheship names...?
A name of a ship is a name of a ship.