Discovery Gaming Community
The Carrier Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Carrier Update (/showthread.php?tid=121752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Carrier Update - Alley - 10-14-2014

zomagad carriers are ze useless. Guess what? We know!

We will soon introduce an update to carrier capital ships (and a selected other few).

fighter and bomber players that share the same ID as the carrier will be able to request to be teleported to the carrier in his docking bays no matter where they are docked.

As usual, discuss.

RE: The Carrier Update - hades durin - 10-14-2014

There is no reason to make ships jump to a (docked) carrier
and
if i am a pilot of a fighter, i can fastly move from cali to ny where a carrier is (docked), then undock and jump to texas to the next carrier and undock and jump to cali where i started.
To make that possible makes jumpdrives useless also you can jumpaway during a fight to a diffrent system and then you can engage the attacker when he reaches the system you are in...

RE: The Carrier Update - Highland Laddie - 10-14-2014

This adds more actual combat value to a carrier by allowing snubs to more easily dock, repair, and re-enter a fight, which also makes them a more worthy target as well.

I like the concept, and hope it works out well.

RE: The Carrier Update - Wildkins - 10-14-2014

Praise our lord and savior, alley, who hath saved us from the uselessness of carriers.

As always, I see potential for abuse, but maybe carriers will have a point now.

RE: The Carrier Update - Vredes - 10-14-2014

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edit: Not that I fly caps, but snubs <3

RE: The Carrier Update - ~Aro~ - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:09 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: I like the concept, and hope it works out well.

What concept?

RE: The Carrier Update - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

No. Too OP.

RE: The Carrier Update - Vredes - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:38 PM)Snak3 Wrote: No. Too OP.

Snak3 you dont like cosmetic updates, you dont like ooRP balance updates. Please do tell what actually do you like to be changed in this game?

RE: The Carrier Update - Gypsie Skripto - 10-14-2014

Time to build a Docking Module Factory then!
You should be sure not to allow these jumps with unmounted equipment or commodities on the cargo hold.

RE: The Carrier Update - An'shur - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 01:42 PM)Alley Wrote: fighter and bomber players that share the same ID as the carrier will be able to request to be teleported to the carrier in his docking bays no matter where they are docked.

As usual, discuss.

Hope I understand the Alley's post.
The word "teleported" make me disagree with it. Making snub docked in New Berlin to jump to Texas would mean just a few minutes of flying on snub's own, well. But imagine zoner fighter in Omicron 74 being teleported to Baffin.. that would be too much. Teleports weren't present in Freelancer, cloaks were, JDs? Maybe.. (Orillion: "Set course to Toledo".. dunnu, correct me if wrong) But the main problem is, this update would make carriers and some selected ships to be primary targets, just because the ability to bring really big numbers of snubs. Strategically best option would be elliminating hostile snub spawners.. It would be torture for carrier captains to use carriers, because they will never enjoy the battle, they won't stand long there.