Discovery Gaming Community
The Carrier Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Carrier Update (/showthread.php?tid=121752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Carrier Update - Omi - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 01:42 PM)Alley Wrote: We will soon introduce an update to carrier capital ships (and a selected other few)

Does this "other few" include BSes which have no carrier counterpart, like the KuBS and the Valor?

Because it should (:

RE: The Carrier Update - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:41 PM)Vredes Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 02:38 PM)Snak3 Wrote: No. Too OP.

Snak3 you dont like cosmetic updates, you dont like ooRP balance updates. Please do tell what actually do you like to be changed in this game?

Something that fixed current issues and doesn't create major new ones.

For example, Carrier doing unlimited number of .pull to get bunch of snubs docked from their home system into battlefield while being out of radar.

I'd rather see only snubcrafts equiped with new Jumpdrive device able to be teleported onto those carriers, so it would create additional moneysink for both users and to prevent this to be too easy and make sense inRP.

RE: The Carrier Update - Aphil - 10-14-2014

Please oh god yes.

RE: The Carrier Update - Highland Laddie - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:46 PM)Anshur Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 01:42 PM)Alley Wrote: fighter and bomber players that share the same ID as the carrier will be able to request to be teleported to the carrier in his docking bays no matter where they are docked.

As usual, discuss.

Hope I understand the Alley's post.
The word "teleported" make me disagree with it. Making snub docked in New Berlin to jump to Texas would mean just a few minutes of flying on snub's own, well. But imagine zoner fighter in Omicron 74 being teleported to Baffin.. that would be too much. Teleports weren't present in Freelancer, cloaks were, JDs? Maybe.. (Orillion: "Set course to Toledo".. dunnu, correct me if wrong) But the main problem is, this update would make carriers and some selected ships to be primary targets, just because the ability to bring really big numbers of snubs. Strategically best option would be elliminating hostile snub spawners.. It would be torture for carrier captains to use carriers, because they will never enjoy the battle, they won't stand long there.

This is precisely part of the risk/reward that using a carrier should have. You have the ability to bring snub craft to the fight (or pull them out of it), yet you are very vulnerable and have to keep yourself either hidden out of range, or otherwise well defended.

RE: The Carrier Update - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

Do we want to promote being hidden in enemy territory to spam snubs from home planets?

RE: The Carrier Update - Gypsie Skripto - 10-14-2014

I think the term "teleport" was a poor choice yeah. It's leading to confusions. I believe this system is intended to "do as if" the snub had always been docked in the Carrier.

RE: The Carrier Update - Alley - 10-14-2014

The reasoning behind this is to reduce the travel time to get into the action (and also give a purpose to carriers). To take an example that has already been presented in this thread, the idea is indeed to make someone that logged in New Berlin not have to travel for 10 minutes to join his fleet.

We'll probably add a cooldown on this (like one TP per x minutes) and prevent ships with cargo from jumping. Related to abuse, there can be abuse with everything, it's down to whether or not you willingly want to abuse the system or not. Sanctions are here for these individuals and I trust the admin team to take action against people that want to use these quality of life features to harm server gameplay.

RE: The Carrier Update - Max Morse - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 01:42 PM)Alley Wrote: zomagad carriers are ze useless. Guess what? We know!

We will soon introduce an update to carrier capital ships (and a selected other few).

fighter and bomber players that share the same ID as the carrier will be able to request to be teleported to the carrier in his docking bays no matter where they are docked.

As usual, discuss.

(10-14-2014, 01:42 PM)Alley Wrote: no matter where they are docked.

This means only ships that are docked would be able to teleport to a carrier, unless I'm interpreting this completely wrong. That would mean people wouldn't be able to abuse it like cap ships abusing JDs to jump out of a fight into another system, dock and repair, and fly back.

RE: The Carrier Update - Vredes - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:58 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 02:41 PM)Vredes Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 02:38 PM)Snak3 Wrote: No. Too OP.

Snak3 you dont like cosmetic updates, you dont like ooRP balance updates. Please do tell what actually do you like to be changed in this game?

Something that fixed current issues and doesn't create major new ones.

For example, Carrier doing unlimited number of .pull to get bunch of snubs docked from their home system into battlefield while being out of radar.

I'd rather see only snubcrafts equiped with new Jumpdrive device able to be teleported onto those carriers, so it would create additional moneysink for both users and to prevent this to be too easy and make sense inRP.

When an enemy capship enters your system, you detect the cap ship, not the snubs docked on it or its crew if that matters.

RE: The Carrier Update - Sath - 10-14-2014

Limiting ships that can teleport with cargo is restricting the ones with cloaks to be pretty useless. Is there any option of limiting them based on the cargo size and not on the basis of "having cargo or not"?