Discovery Gaming Community
The Carrier Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Carrier Update (/showthread.php?tid=121752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Carrier Update - Goldberg - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 05:42 PM)Anshur Wrote: Hm.. seriously, please forget thinking about it like about inter-systems teleportation, it looks indeed silly. This is Freelancer, not Stargate. I think it shouldn't require fuel (Snub is on the carrier all the time)
As simliest as I can say: Carrier have it's snubs in the bay all the time, teleports doesn't exists.

I think the same.

So here my idea. Give the carrier more shield and nanos. Like 1200-1200. So now when a fighter has no more regens he can dock at the carrier and can buy this regens. And he can repair his ship. But the ship repair is much higher because he can repair this ship in a Battle. So the carrier get a good supporter role. He can transport some fighter/bomber and he can repair it. When a fighter now dock and buy new regens the carrier loose this regens. Like a trade. But with payment. So in a battle i think the most main focus go on a carrier because he can support the bomber and fighter so much. And when the carrier load some nova torpedos a bomber can dock and buy it from the carrier. But when all torpedos are buyed he can check a another carrier. I think that is the main task from a carrier.

Short form:

Fighter/Bomber can dock, can buy regens/ammunition. Carrier loose this regens/ammunition. Fighter/Bomber can repair his ship but its higher than at a base. Money go to the carrier.

Carrier would be the most main targets in this battles.

My opinion how to be a carrier must like.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit1*: When a carrier loose all his regens. Is that a problem for a carrier. Because when he dock on a base pvp loose. So yeah the carrier can run out of regens and than is the carrier a easy kill. So you must protect it because only the carrier can repair fighter/bomber in a battle. And yeah when you fast kill the carrier the normal army has not a big chance Big Grin. So when we take my idea *I hope it* We can make the carrier a little bit worse.

RE: The Carrier Update - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

Also, by bounding this to IDs, you are giving more unique feature to Army IDs, which is nice. However, it would warrant Intelligence ID some cool feature too, so it wouldn't be forgotten, now that you will have to have Army ID snub thus creating a bigger shift towards Army IDs

RE: The Carrier Update - Unlucky_Soul - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 05:51 PM)mickis Wrote: Would be cool if carriers could spawn NPC allies instead of the teleporting player

Alley already explained it earlier

RE: The Carrier Update - Freeport7 - 10-14-2014

I saw that now.
Was in class when i posted it and only read the beggining of the thread

RE: The Carrier Update - aerelm - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 05:42 PM)Anshur Wrote: Hm.. seriously, please forget thinking about it like about inter-systems teleportation, it looks indeed silly.

No one's talking about InRP teleportation. Alley was simply explaining how the players would get to utilize this new gameplay mechanism and it has absolutely nothing to do with how it's viewed within the roleplay environment. Of course InRP the snub would simply be undocking from the carrier as if it's been docked on it from the beginning. So, you're just confused because the original post was describing the gameplay aspect of this new system while you thought it was describing the roleplay aspect of it.

RE: The Carrier Update - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

aerelm,
You see ship docking in front of you on Norfolk. You proceed to trade via Hamburg, you see same ship fighting there.

RE: The Carrier Update - Alvin - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 06:45 PM)aerelm Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 05:42 PM)Anshur Wrote: Hm.. seriously, please forget thinking about it like about inter-systems teleportation, it looks indeed silly.

No one's talking about InRP teleportation. Alley was simply explaining how the players would get to utilize this new gameplay mechanism and it has absolutely nothing to do with how it's viewed within the roleplay environment. Of course InRP the snub would simply be undocking from the carrier as if it's been docked on it from the beginning. So, you're just confused because the original post was describing the gameplay aspect of this new system while you thought it was describing the roleplay aspect of it.

Not against the idea, but at the moment I am imagining 2 enemy BS thinking they got an easy kill over a carrier in their home system, then 3 bomber snubs logs and beam away to the carrier at different part of Sirius and wreck the enemy ships in an instant. Big Grin

Await for QQ

RE: The Carrier Update - Fluffyball - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 02:09 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: This adds more actual combat value to a carrier by allowing snubs to more easily dock, repair, and re-enter a fight, which also makes them a more worthy target as well.

I like the concept, and hope it works out well.

This will need to be added as exception to the "landing" rule, which means "death". Or it does not count Carriers?

RE: The Carrier Update - Highland Laddie - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 06:55 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 02:09 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: This adds more actual combat value to a carrier by allowing snubs to more easily dock, repair, and re-enter a fight, which also makes them a more worthy target as well.

I like the concept, and hope it works out well.

This will need to be added as exception to the "landing" rule, which means "death". Or it does not count Carriers?

I don't think it should count on player ships with dock modules at all, since they are destructible, whereas NPC bases are not. Maybe the addendum should be that any snubs on board a carrier that is destroyed are ALSO destroyed and subject to player death penalties.

RE: The Carrier Update - Alley - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 07:03 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Maybe the addendum should be that any snubs on board a carrier that is destroyed are ALSO destroyed and subject to player death penalties.

are you guys trolling me or you just skip my posts [Image: 1ACwd.gif]