Discovery Gaming Community
Equipment Reclamation? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Equipment Reclamation? (/showthread.php?tid=121888)

Equipment Reclamation? - t0l - 10-18-2014

So, recent talks about shipcompat and tech and stuff got me thinking.

What if we used some older Vanilla wrecks and turned them into something useful?

The weapons found on these ships, like Justices from Patrol 27 for example, could be taken to a PoB with a "Equipment Reclamation" facility onboard, and then combined with a mix of materials to produce a Class 7 weapon that is 100% compatible to all ships or IDs (Sirius Civ and whatnot) which is nearly or completely identical to the MK1 gun's Class 7 counterpart, i.e. Justice III to Vengeance whatever. Being completely identical doesn't ruin the faction's identity as they have their faction specific Class 8 gun, but it wouldn't hurt to throw in some quirks for diversity's sake. This way, basic house military weapons and Outcast/Corsair weapons can be used on ships like Lhotses and Eagles, in a sense.

On a separate, but not entirely unrelated note, what if Vanilla military/pirate fighter wrecks dropped something like "Wrecked <shipname> Parts"? For example, I shoot the Patrol 27 wreck to get the Justices and in addition I also get some Wrecked Defender Parts, allowing me to take around 20 or so of those to put into a Ship Reclamation facility along with some random crap to make a ship or a voucher for a ship that is somewhat different but still resembling it's house counterpart while remaining Sirius Civilian.

So, what benefits do we get?

BETTER BALANCE: Any Class 7 faction weapon being tipped on an edge to overpowered levels (coughmagmahammerscough) are available to the public, or at least anyone with a Sirius Civilian cell. Can have differing stats like refire or range/speed, but still will not ruin faction identity as Class 8 weapons are faction-specific.

HUSHING SHIPCOMPAT WHINING: Firekisses on Lhotse? No problem. Get reclaimed Firekisses and use them to your hearts content while stupid tech combos like 75% Guardian with a melting pot of guns are removed or legitimized.

BONG: bong

Just some thoughts that I had while taking a Physics test that I'd like to see the community's input on.

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - dierton - 10-18-2014

This would be baller to add, might get me playing again

It'll never happen though

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - nOmnomnOm - 10-18-2014

its a good idea. +1
Too bad majority of community dont know what ship based tech nerf is. *sigh*

But yeah idea is good. Guns are quite balanced anyway as it is so qqing about who has what gun doesn't really matter... Unless nomad.

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - Max Morse - 10-18-2014

Sounds like a great idea, the only thing I'd add is making the reclaimed guns slightly inferior to the direct equivalent, since they would be based on older out of date technology. I don't mean less damage or DPM, but making them less energy efficient would make a lot of sense to me.

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - t0l - 10-22-2014

el bump

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - Enkidu - 10-22-2014

Excellent idea - would add an additional element to fighter gameplay other than straight up PVP/PVNPC.

RE: Equipment Reclamation? - Corile - 10-22-2014

How about we remove technerf altogether.
Just a thought.