Discovery Gaming Community
I'm Bored - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: I'm Bored (/showthread.php?tid=121965)

I'm Bored - mang109 - 10-19-2014

So, I recently returned to Disco.

I've RP Traded & Mined my way through a number of ships now, but I find I only enjoy the 'honeymoon' period, before getting tired of it and wanting to make a new char.

E.g I make a Kruger Miner. I enjoy one/two Cobalt ore runs, and then its just boring. Or I make a Hessian, harass 1/2 traders, and then its done. Nothing new to do.

What are you guys doing to prevent the onset of boredom ?

RE: I'm Bored - SnakThree - 10-19-2014

Attempt joining the Lane Hackers for the most chellenging and rewarding career. Achieve legendary status among denizens of Liberty by being the most elusive and deadly Hacker.

RE: I'm Bored - Eonaros - 10-19-2014

I usually challenge myself with RP ideas and try to see how'd they work out or I play with my faction buddies.

You should join a faction too

RE: I'm Bored - Tutashkhia - 10-19-2014

It's boring. It's getting more and more boring,we cannot refuse that. But challenge yourself with RP ideas like Eonaros said... or join a faction. I find every single moment in FL boring but I still -take a break-but-still come back-.
I would recommend you becoming an independent pirate. Much more potential for RP and PvP.

RE: I'm Bored - Thunderer - 10-19-2014

I raid a system with one of my battleships. Opponents always appear when I raid Bretonia with my Valor, or when I raid Alpha with my Murmillo or my Mako. Also, there is often a cap or more of them in Omicron Mu.
I had a really old computer since like 2 weeks ago, so I couldn't make LN and RM battleships because I'd have 1 frame per second in those huge battles, but now I am going to work for a Liberty dreadnought. Those chaps need some help.

RE: I'm Bored - Alley - 10-19-2014

The mod definitely lacks story updates, after more than a year things are getting pretty stale yeah. The final update should bring you all a little fun in the Omicrons while we work on fixing our mess, it should be much better after that.

RE: I'm Bored - Zen_Mechanics - 10-20-2014

Possible to get further updates on the final release? And yes I did see the designated thread but it lacks any real info.

RE: I'm Bored - Adam_Spire - 10-21-2014

Again people use the Summer, or coming back from the Summer or some other excuse other than the folks behind the main "lore" of this mod, which murdered it for everyone.

Factions became pointless when 80% of the server went Independent, using all the faction tech through some stupid "oh the faction gave me permission" then pew pewing anyone for rage reasons.

Anyone who dared even try to put effort into the story or faction story was instantly mocked and shut down by the now impossible pointless screwed up Lore.

Also the new install mod having to work around the AV programs seeing it as a Trojan. Bad programming, really. --They-- actually asked the AV companies force a change rather than programming it better.

All the good people who gave a dam are gone. I don't any more.

Have fun!

RE: I'm Bored - Narcotic - 10-21-2014

Taking a break is an efficient way of getting yourself interested in the game again.

It's like having sex with your ex-girlfriend.

RE: I'm Bored - Lonely_Ghost - 10-22-2014

(10-21-2014, 11:54 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Taking a break is an efficient way of getting yourself interested in the game again.

It's like having sex with your ex-girlfriend.

Man, we might have kids reading this. What they going to think about you?!

And advice is partly efficient, unfortunatly. You might got that "ignition spark" aftter month or two.... but will it going to last long befor you get boring again, or even worse- pissed off?

Unfortunatly, you will soon discover, that things haven't slightly changed into better side, if not in oposite. Something, what you have enjoyed, got nerfed or removed and so on.

So, I would say, Discovery, is something, like an old car, with many problem, outdated look, and other bad stuff, but you like it. Sometimes, you take a little ride with it, and getting necessary portion of emotions, but then, you place it back inside garrage, awaiting another nostalgia strike, and keep using your modern car and doing your ordinary stuff.