Discovery Gaming Community
Validity for POB assault threats? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Validity for POB assault threats? (/showthread.php?tid=122017)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Validity for POB assault threats? - hades durin - 10-21-2014

This is about your choice, in my eyes a threat has to be valid for lets say 2 weeks or so and after that you have to post a new threat.
This gives security for the pob owners in the way, that you can no longer post today an assault on xy pob and attack it in 10 weeks or more...

When you vote for yes for an validity of a threat then it will be nice to post how long you think a threat has to be valid...

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Fluffyball - 10-21-2014

I vote yes, because it would be a shameful loss for players (and waste of their time), if their POB was destroyed.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Technogeist - 10-21-2014

Yeah that seems like a reasonable deal. Not like writing up a new threat is difficult if need be.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Emile - 10-21-2014

I think it is stupid. For example i make a post On the declaration and i copy it to my computer too. Then after each x days i just repost it and wait Until the time is there.

Then it is also a problem with the attackers. They are the ones always in disadvantages and in need to spent hours of mindless shooting to destroy a unlawfull base. We all have seen this happening a lot of times. Or people who ask you to help defending their base. And use all ships even If it would not be allowed to make sure the attacked base Will not vanish. During this time they accept all sanctions evolving from it. Just because the defenders saved their base. While If you attack and get sanctioned (for obviously Same reasons) you only lose money/equipment. Pob makes people selfish and for That i vote a clear no.

A diplomacy stance Will never change once a station is marked hostile towards them or Lets say illegal. It is up to the owners who have a base to supply it. To add attackers can never decide when the best time is to siege, defenders can park a limetless amount of ships to make sure it haves more then enough supplies to last another x hours for the siegers to destroy a base.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Fluffyball - 10-21-2014

Emile, reverse the situation, where Lawful owners are unable to defend their station from Unlawful players (lets say, vacations). Week later, they find nothing but empty space, where their base was, and post on the forum where it reads "reply or die". I think this rule would be mainly protection for lawful bases that are not even Core-2 or Core-3.

But on other hand, I must agree sometimes POB thing leads to absurds.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - FynnMcScrap - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 11:09 AM)Emile Wrote: I think it is stupid. For example i make a post On the declaration and i copy it to my computer too. Then after each x days i just repost it and wait Until the time is there.

>>> Feel free. You ceep up interaction this way, even if you are lazy about it.

Then it is also a problem with the attackers. They are the ones always in disadvantages and in need to spent hours of mindless shooting to destroy a unlawfull base. We all have seen this happening a lot of times. Or people who ask you to help defending their base. And use all ships even If it would not be allowed to make sure the attacked base Will not vanish. During this time they accept all sanctions evolving from it. Just because the defenders saved their base. While If you attack and get sanctioned (for obviously Same reasons) you only lose money/equipment. Pob makes people selfish and for That i vote a clear no.

>>> you mean in contrast to hours of midleless shooting NPC rookies ?
Or in hunting semi-valuable CODENAMES ?
Compared to the hours and days of work needed to build a base, the few hours needed to destroy one if the right amount of damage comes... oh my.
Cry me a river.

And to the sanctions : EVERY sanction should be taken serious. I agree to that.
But it´s the players fault in misusing rules, not the PoB or the game balance that is wrong.

A diplomacy stance Will never change once a station is marked hostile towards them or Lets say illegal. It is up to the owners who have a base to supply it. To add attackers can never decide when the best time is to siege, defenders can park a limetless amount of ships to make sure it haves more then enough supplies to last another x hours for the siegers to destroy a base.

>>> well , while I do agree that diplomacy does not change fast, it is possible. And the rule to declare PoB assault is to ensure interaction, not to show consistend RP / reality .
So : where is the problem in reposting your attack declaration every week or two ?

Also : Supplies are not the main problem in a base siege. The damage is.
Pack enough BS around a base and it will fall in a few hours, faster than even a fully loaded base can use up it´s supplies.
Do not pack enough BS aroud a base and it will not fall.

Don´t tell me you can ceep up a siege with a couple of bombers for days and prevent any supplies from reaching a base. You and your friends need to sleep, and I do hope you have a RL too.

I opt for a weekly duration rather than a 2 week span.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Emile - 10-21-2014

Wouldnt it be a better idea to make em just indestructable? Would save a lot of qq, a base unlawfully build Will be removed by admins or are declined of building a core upgrade. Until They at least have permission of That house Because the bases are mostly build without permission and afterwards asking for permission from the lawfulls from The house Its stationed. Making it sure it has a shield and all set up so That others are forced to spent their free time in destroying it? While you As base builders make money in the meantime and hope we fail to destroy it.

You claim it is part of rp, you overlook that i could meet you ingame while doing a siege to add more rp wouldnt it be that the time to interact more? Instead of placing a reply after each timespan? It would only show That people are still aiming for a destruction of said base. Rp has nothing to do with it, the ooRP actions like additional supplying and such do have.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - FynnMcScrap - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 11:29 AM)Emile Wrote: Wouldnt it be a better idea to make em just indestructable? Would save a lot of qq, a base unlawfully build Will be removed by admins or are declined of building a core upgrade. Until They at least have permission of That house Because the bases are mostly build without permission and afterwards asking for permission from the lawfulls from The house Its stationed. Making it sure it has a shield and all set up so That others are forced to spent their free time in destroying it? While you As base builders make money in the meantime and hope we fail to destroy it.

You claim it is part of rp, you overlook that i could meet you ingame while doing a siege to add more rp wouldnt it be that the time to interact more? Instead of placing a reply after each timespan? It would only show That people are still aiming for a destruction of said base. Rp has nothing to do with it, the ooRP actions like additional supplying and such do have.

Nope, sry : you misunderstood me :
I do not claim the declaration thread to be about RP : quite the opposite.
It´s about a warning time for those who have no wide timezone spread group of friends to warn them about the attack :
Its a RL balancing tool.

I would rather meet you inRP with you NOT shooting at my base ;-)

As I stated : I pity those who try to grab a lot of supplies to save a base.
It would make more sense to grab a lot of friends, because to DESTROY a base, you only need enough firepower.
No matter if there are 666 Barges parked there, each with lots of RA / HS / RH amd MOX.
Bring enough firepower against the base and it falls. ( somebody did the maths... link pls ? )

Ok : to HARRASS a base, and make the owners miserable...
you only need a single bomber pilot who knows what he is doing.
Perhaps a couple of friends to offer backup if somebody wants to gank the terrorist.
You could make supplying difficult that way, and perhaps even let it hunger and die over a couple of days.
Possibly more than a week if a single supplier breaks the blokade.
But if a base at Core 2 or more has NOT got FOW for at least a few days somebody should rethink building and supplying it entirely, now matter how many enemies he has.

The declaration thread has 1 purpose :
To let somebody know that an attack will come SOON.
Not in 2 - 3 weeks...
To let him gather FRIENDS, to get a sort of watch rotation organized, so that interaction in front of the base can occur.
And it makes sense to renew this thread every week in my opinion. Ceep your enemy on his toes.

I would even argue that if the attacker does NOT attack the base in the stated time span,
this might mean a rep loss with his own faction / allies.
No idea how to balance or code that in game terms, but in RP :
If the chief of a Clan declares a major battle and fails to show up ... I would depose of the >insert favourite insult< chief and find another.

A good leader LEADS, he does not growl and bark.

Indestructable bases , hm...
I rather suggest THIS idea again : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=118465&pid=1557565#pid1557565

Make Bases degradeable by siege, let them loose equipment and weapon platforms with each time they get reduced to 0 HP but not jet dead.
Let them loose any fabrication modules if reduced, too.
And if a Base is degraded back to Core 1 ... THEN let it be destroyed permanently.

Perhaps even make them easier to attack and easier to kill, if it needs Admin approval to degrade them , like it needs Admin approval to upgrade them
( negative Blueprints if you want to say so )

It would at least give more sense of achievement to sieging a base, and it would hurt. A lot !
But without making the whole thing uncontrolable.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Gypsie Skripto - 10-21-2014

Remember when there was no theat thread, and still we managed? Scrubby Farm remembers.

RE: Validity for POB assault threats? - Garrett Jax - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 09:41 AM)hades durin Wrote: This is about your choice, in my eyes a threat has to be valid for lets say 2 weeks or so and after that you have to post a new threat.
This gives security for the pob owners in the way, that you can no longer post today an assault on xy pob and attack it in 10 weeks or more...

When you vote for yes for an validity of a threat then it will be nice to post how long you think a threat has to be valid...

I'm not certain what you are asking for.

Do you want a time limit on the attack declaration itself? Or, are you asking for more time after the forum RP and before the declaration of intent to attack?