Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Laura C. - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 12:41 AM)black widow3 Wrote: Leave Rheinland without a war for the next update. With it being broke from IC pulling out, the war with liberty, constant attacks from a ever stronger Hessian menace.

It makes more sense that for now Rheinland stays at home, you could even add corsairs in the mix.

With corsairs for ever hungry for more food, and Rheinland being weakened by all the above. Plus recently loosing Dresden to the Hessians, the corsairs could strike Rheinland in its weak state to help feed the corsair people.

Corsairs could invade Stuttgart and take the planet over for its food reserves.

A people will do anything when driven to the brink.

People are right, the lore needs a shake up and any storyline similar to the one I have outlined above could easily be implemented through ingame events and forums RP!

What do you guys think?

Leave Rheinland without war for next update and you will create another dead house aka Kusari Mk II. We should not repeat this mistake again. And by the way Rheinland already made agreement with IC which is returning and giving money to government again.

And Corsairs taking over Stuttgart doesn´t make any sense. First, mighty Liberty couldn´t get to Hamburg but much weaker Corsairs would be able to take control over two systems, first Omega-7 or Omega-11 (because you need control over this system to invade Stuttgart) and then Stuttgart and hold both? Not speaking about fact that if this would happen, Hessians would temporarily help RM because they don´t want to see any part of Rheinland in hands of Corsairs. And Corsairs won´t change into farmers, if they could somehow get their hands on the surface of Stuttgart, they would just take as much as possible and return to home.

I will repeat myself but it seems I should: PEOPLE, WHAT MAKES SENSE INRP HAVE TO BE IN BALANCE WITH WHAT WILL NOT KILL ACTIVITY. Please consider it before you give your proposals. And look on "Kusari case" before you propose to stop biggest PvP activity maker (war with Liberty) without any replacement. Hessians and Corsairs already are enemies of Rheinland, Hessians even got good position in Dresden but it simply is not enough, it doesn´t work. Rheinland players need some another target if you take away the Liberty.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - WesternPeregrine - 10-24-2014

We should be looking for ways to bend gameplay to the tune of roleplay, and not the other way around.
Keeping the war going, because the players desire the activity, is the later one of course.

Now, the idea would be, if the war with Liberty stopped, what would rheinlanders would want to do? Why, they want to keep having someone to fight with, certainly.

Now they would say " we want to fight hessians and corsairs". But there are near to none of those, what to do? This is the part we need to think. A way to bend the gameplay, enticing the players to play as Hessians/Corsairs for example, and look for fights with Rheinland, as it was to be expected inrp.

As players are free to choose where they play, there is little use to offer perks for playing this or that faction, especially if there are no official factions representing.

A development of the incentives to play militant anti-house factions needs to be pondered (revolutionaries, outside barbarians and such factions). It needs to be stronger than such simple piracy capabilities, more enticing than house on house war, otherwise they will keep asking for those instead of focusing on the perennial conflicts inside each house.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lobster - 10-24-2014

I believe a good idea would be having Rheinland pick a side in the Kusari civil war and getting physically involved with the fighting up there. New battlefields away from the stale and boring Texasburg/Stuttgart/Dresden/Omega11 thing we have had going for the last four years.

Also, before you say there should be some sort of war with the Hessains, there indeed has been a war going on down there for years now. Its been going on even longer then the Liberty conflict. Its just as, if not more boring. I myself (being the old player I am) just cant bring myself to log in order to fight Hessains anymore, though if that is what it takes to bring activity then that I what I shall start doing.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Auriec - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 12:05 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Because the casual Rogue/Outcast smuggling problem in Liberty is entirely the same as the Hessians, who are literally taking control of entire systems in Rheinland

In case you did not know, the Red Hessians only seized control over economically useless parts of one system in 4.87, Dresden, which included a redundant police station (that was nuked in the process) and a mining station in an asteroid field that was stripped of most resources and thus planned to be abandoned, anyway. Bautzen and its diamond fields, right about the only thing in Dresden of economical value at this point, are still protected by a forward battleship and corresponding patrols nearby.

If you are talking about Omega-11, then announcing that it belongs to the hessians is part of the inRP propaganda. Solarius, the Daumann station and its fields do not require a battleship like in Dresden. Regular patrols have to be sufficient, also reinforced because of the high radiation that would make it difficult to permanently have one placed there. Furthermore, there are also small Corsair battlegroups in the system that also want their share of the cake and fight the hessian forces, but they don't make significant progress either. Corsairs do not target Daumann, the hessians biggest adversary, actively either, as long as they pay their "bills" through money or goods in accordance with the secret relation going on between them.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vrabcek - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:04 AM)Lobster Wrote: I myself (being the old player I am) just cant bring myself to log in order to fight Hessains anymore

Very motivational.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lobster - 10-24-2014

Its the sad truth. I find my interactions with them to be extremely boring for me.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vrabcek - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 08:32 AM)Lobster Wrote: Its the sad truth.

But you could leave that sad truth for yourself and rather find a way how to make your members to log in and interact with the Rheinland enemies. It doesnt matter if the older players have done it for years, but to make it enjoyable for people that didnt or people that will still find some fun in it.
How can we attract newcomers to come to Rheinland if there are not made any basic actions against the very enemies of Rheinland, the Red Hessians?

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lonely_Ghost - 10-24-2014

For the sake of god! Just make something, which would atrackt people to log their Rheinland or Hessian ships! Missions, loot, Wilde hunting, meh, even nomands could get on scene. Stimulate players, not force them OMG!

It's should be in this way: Hey, don't play your RM cruiser here, but look! There in Omega 11- Cap missions with nice drop, NPC cap patrols, wrecks. Cool yeah!

But not in this way: Hey, don't play your RM cruiser here, but look! If you keep playing here, your ship could be screwed very hard. Oh, nothing to do with your cruiser? Deal with it WTF!

Besides, haven't you ever thinked, why Freelancer servers, with very low PvE or with complete lack of it has very limited populations. Because players has nothing to do, when there is no other players around! So there is at least two whales, which supports Discovery- PvP, when there is players around, and PvE, when player count is low, for thouse who decided to log- at least something to do.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - WesternPeregrine - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 09:32 AM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: For the sake of god! Just make something, which would atrackt people to log their Rheinland or Hessian ships! Missions, loot, Wilde hunting, meh, even nomands could get on scene. Stimulate players, not force them OMG!

It's should be in this way: Hey, don't play your RM cruiser here, but look! There in Omega 11- Cap missions with nice drop, NPC cap patrols, wrecks. Cool yeah!

But not in this way: Hey, don't play your RM cruiser here, but look! If you keep playing here, your ship could be screwed very hard. Oh, nothing to do with your cruiser? Deal with it WTF!

Besides, haven't you ever thinked, why Freelancer servers, with very low PvE or with complete lack of it has very limited populations. Because players has nothing to do, when there is no other players around! So there is at least two whales, which supports Discovery- PvP, when there is players around, and PvE, when player count is low, for thouse who decided to log- at least something to do.

Perhaps this is pertinent. Improving PvE strategically to benefit areas which need a boost in activity could even out houses that can't compete with more active regions, which are currently the focus of pvp or trading heavy activity.

In a related topic, I think New Hampshire failed not because it's a battlefield system, but because it's a battlefield system sandwiched between two heavily defended buffer systems that had little effort to develop their own story with the player community.
What interest is there for Reinlanders for pushing Liberty Navy up to the Minnesota jumphole, if after that they are met with yet another heavily defended system nowhere near the Liberty regular territories. Same thing for LN pushing to Bremen.

If Bremen station was in Hamburg, and both New Hampshire and Minnesota were accessible from Hamburg (as some sort of Libertonian border systems), you could have a contested territory Causus Belli, as well as the daring attack on Munster Research station in clear Rheinland Territory.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Pammy - 10-24-2014

Why Rheinland again? Rheinland had suffered a lot already. First, the sabotage of the jumpgate to connect Rheinland and Liberty. Then Dresden falls into Hessians' hands, and Munich. So, why don't you just give half of Rheinland to Red Hessians, and the other to the Liberty, for it is a easier and more convinient way?