Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:00 PM)Pammy Wrote: Why Rheinland again? Rheinland had suffered a lot already. First, the sabotage of the jumpgate to connect Rheinland and Liberty. Then Dresden falls into Hessians' hands, and Munich. So, why don't you just give half of Rheinland to Red Hessians, and the other to the Liberty, for it is a easier and convinient way?

Would people please stop lamenting for Rheinland so much? My gosh...nothing has happened to Rheinland which hasn't ALREADY happened to Bretonia, (or Kusari, for that matter). Why is it that Rheinland lovers just seems to think Bretonia should just up and die and become Gallic...but they cry "injustice!" because of 1 lost system and a blown up jump gate?

What is it that makes pewing Hessians so boring that they should never make any gains, but pewing Liberty so fun and RP important that it needs to be preserved and made expedient at all costs?

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Auriec - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:07 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: -snip-

Raids from and to Liberty are currently the most significant activity generator for Rheinland. Additionally, there is little motivation for both unlawful and lawful forces to log without the other party being online, resulting in an infinite waiting game until someone takes the initiative and logs with the possibility that nothing is going to happen the next hour. Cap missions could help with that. This gives waiting, willing PvP parties something to do while they wait for their enemies and also yields other rewards.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - SnakThree - 10-24-2014

If Rheinland wouldn't randomly take away reason for active trade factions to visit their house, maybe some unlawfuls would have motivation to log.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lythrilux - 10-24-2014

Cap missions are coming back next update, so rejoice.

Quote:Additionally, there is little motivation for both unlawful and lawful forces to log without the other party being online, resulting in an infinite waiting game until someone takes the initiative and logs with the possibility that nothing is going to happen the next hour.

That could be true, but that's more of a server-wide problem, not a Rheinland-specific problem.

(10-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Cap missions are coming back next update, so rejoice.

Weren't cap missions removed because they were increasing server load/lag? Or was it just to promote more PvP instead of PvE?

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - An'shur - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Cap missions are coming back next update, so rejoice.

Kudos to everyone who suggested this and for those who implements it back!

(10-24-2014, 03:18 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Weren't cap missions removed because they were increasing server load/lag?

Many players on the server means more lag. I'd like to play with some lag and 150 players rather than with 100% clear connection and 50 players. People stopped playing because the game is boring except PvP and RP, and because many other reasons I pointed in the past.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lythrilux - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:18 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:

Weren't cap missions removed because they were increasing server load/lag? Or was it just to promote more PvP instead of PvE?
I honestly have no idea why there were removed. Might've been because of encouraging PvP > PvE, or because Devs didn't like how they were money makers and that everyone should stick to the lanes.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Pammy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:07 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 03:00 PM)Pammy Wrote: Why Rheinland again? Rheinland had suffered a lot already. First, the sabotage of the jumpgate to connect Rheinland and Liberty. Then Dresden falls into Hessians' hands, and Munich. So, why don't you just give half of Rheinland to Red Hessians, and the other to the Liberty, for it is a easier and convinient way?

Would people please stop lamenting for Rheinland so much? My gosh...nothing has happened to Rheinland which hasn't ALREADY happened to Bretonia, (or Kusari, for that matter). Why is it that Rheinland lovers just seems to think Bretonia should just up and die and become Gallic...but they cry "injustice!" because of 1 lost system and a blown up jump gate?

What is it that makes pewing Hessians so boring that they should never make any gains, but pewing Liberty so fun and RP important that it needs to be preserved and made expedient at all costs?

I never mentioned about Bretonia, in addition, I don't want to see the fall of Bretonia. I'd rather see a peace will come between the two houses, or at least a truce. They can't fight all the time right?

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Pammy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Snak3 Wrote: If Rheinland wouldn't randomly take away reason for active trade factions to visit their house, maybe some unlawfuls would have motivation to log.

Rheinland has reasons for that. Rheinland didn't ban the Gateway, Bowex, IMG, GMG, IDF etc from entering Rheinland, didn't it? Also, no offense, where were the RHA people when we logged on our BDM or RM? I seldom see them recently.

So, no one can steal my cute Rheinland! :3

By the way, in my opinion, it is the time for Gallia to take over Magellan, and the time for Liberty to lose something.

(10-24-2014, 03:25 PM)Pammy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 03:07 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:

I never mentioned about Bretonia, in addition, I don't want to see the fall of Bretonia. I'd rather see a peace will come between the two houses, or at least a truce. They can't fight all the time right?

I was directing that more in-general than specifically at you, Pammy, so sorry if that came across that way.

Well....the problem is that we've seen that Peace tends to turn your House dead (ala. Kusari), unless you're willing to approach the other RP aspects of the game. TBH, it's not like there still wouldn't be folks to fight even if ALL the Houses were not at war. There's still plenty of unlawfuls, pirates, terrorists, revolutionaries,
Coaltition, Noms, Wilde, etc.