Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - SnakThree - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:33 PM)Pammy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Snak3 Wrote: If Rheinland wouldn't randomly take away reason for active trade factions to visit their house, maybe some unlawfuls would have motivation to log.

Rheinland has reasons for that. Rheinland didn't ban the Gateway, Bowex, IMG, GMG, IDF etc from entering Rheinland, didn't it? Also, no offense, where were the RHA people when we logged on our BDM or RM? I seldom see them recently.

So, no one can steal my cute Rheinland! :3

By the way, in my opinion, it is the time for Gallia to take over Magellan, and the time for Liberty to lose something.

I said active for a reason.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - xiphos - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:37 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Well....the problem is that we've seen that Peace tends to turn your House dead (ala. Kusari)

Kusari was almost dead before the end of the war against Bretonia. It was just the final nail. Seems like it happens to Rheinland now too...

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - hades durin - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Snak3 Wrote: If Rheinland wouldn't randomly take away reason for active trade factions to visit their house, maybe some unlawfuls would have motivation to log.

Rheinland has reasons for that. Rheinland didn't ban the Gateway, Bowex, IMG, GMG, IDF etc from entering Rheinland, didn't it? Also, no offense, where were the RHA people when we logged on our BDM or RM? I seldom see them recently.

By the way, in my opinion, it is the time for Gallia to take over Magellan, and the time for Liberty to lose something.

Liberty will never loose anything, because it is the most powerfull house, which the devs will protect to nearly any cost...

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:52 PM)xiphos Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 03:37 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Well....the problem is that we've seen that Peace tends to turn your House dead (ala. Kusari)

Kusari was almost dead before the end of the war against Bretonia. It was just the final nail. Seems like it happens to Rheinland now too...

Well, I think Kusari starting taking the real hits in 4.86 once Gallia came in and stole the activity from the war with Bretonia.

Here's a thought - have Kusari JOIN Bretonia and fight against Gallia again, except don't make it a complete impossibility due to the crappy Gallic lore that states they have 50,000 space marines on each of their 10,000 Valors.

Although, I digress. This is getting off topic a bit.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Pammy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:51 PM)Snak3 Wrote:

I said active for a reason.

Oh, okay Tongue Sorry!

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - xiphos - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:56 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 03:52 PM)xiphos Wrote:

Well, I think Kusari starting taking the real hits in 4.86 once Gallia came in and stole the activity from the war with Bretonia.

Maybe you are right. Problem was, the war was boring in the end. Like in Rheinland now. I guess. Never been too involved in anything down there in Hudson or Bering.

(10-24-2014, 03:56 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Here's a thought - have Kusari JOIN Bretonia and fight against Gallia again, except don't make it a complete impossibility due to the crappy Gallic lore that states they have 50,000 space marines on each of their 10,000 Valors.

Although, I digress. This is getting off topic a bit.

With the storyline after 4.86 this is nearly impossible. Sad...

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Swifty - 10-24-2014

I can see Rheinland turning into Kusari MKII after the next update if a truce will be officially called, it's just a matter of time...

It's just wrong that some people want something and some want the opposite, eventually ending up with more people rage-quitting because some get something the other people didn't want to.

-Rheinland needs this war, maybe not win it but at least leave some big marks on Liberty's face.

-Liberty needs to stop being so OP lorewise and face that they are not as strong as they think.

And there's still a question that is killing my brain. So all the houses, every faction in sirius have had time to re-build their stuff. 10 damned years. What the hell was Rheinland doing in those 10 years? Hiding in the shadows like Order? I don't think so since even Order has been able to do something as well.

P.S : I'm not a "fanboy" here, i'm trying to find out what was Rheinland doing all that time. That's ALL. Smile

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Timmy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 03:37 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: I was directing that more in-general than specifically at you, Pammy, so sorry if that came across that way.

Well....the problem is that we've seen that Peace tends to turn your House dead (ala. Kusari), unless you're willing to approach the other RP aspects of the game. TBH, it's not like there still wouldn't be folks to fight even if ALL the Houses were not at war. There's still plenty of unlawfuls, pirates, terrorists, revolutionaries,
Coaltition, Noms, Wilde, etc.

Umm... What? You're saying that Kusari gave up on RP aspects of the game? Duuuuude, have you even been in Kusari?

And sure, there are plenty of unlawfuls, but you know what? Those you named are not the most active unlawfuls either. And they're not visiting every house you know.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-24-2014

Quote:Maybe you are right. Problem was, the war was boring in the end. Like in Rheinland now. I guess. Never been too involved in anything down there in Hudson or Bering.

Well, THIS seems to really be the crux of the whole issue: how to prevent wars from becoming boring. Because, in the end, it doesn't matter who the two opponents are: Liberty vs Rheinland, Bretonia vs. Gallia, Bretonia vs Kusari, Outcast vs Corsair, Rheinland vs. Hessian, etc. - sooner or later the fights are all going to seem the same.

So, you either have to take SPECIFIC STEPS to advance the story development via talking with Devs and faction leaders, and then MAKING EVENTS that actually have storyline consequences and outcomes, OR...you have to learn to just enjoy the fights individually as they come.

The current trend seems to be whining and complaining that the Devs aren't advancing the storyline enough, and then whining and complaining more when they do, but they didn't advance faction X (which YOU play) enough, or faction X actually lost some ground. And this method just seems to be tiresome and unproductive.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Timmy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:10 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: So, you either have to take SPECIFIC STEPS to advance the story development via talking with Devs and faction leaders, and then MAKING EVENTS that actually have storyline consequences and outcomes, OR...you have to learn to just enjoy the fights individually as they come.

It is funny, because... I offered that, and no one seemed to like the idea... and it gets more funny because no one liked the idea because Liberty would totally loose everything then.