Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:13 PM)Timmy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 04:10 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: So, you either have to take SPECIFIC STEPS to advance the story development via talking with Devs and faction leaders, and then MAKING EVENTS that actually have storyline consequences and outcomes, OR...you have to learn to just enjoy the fights individually as they come.

It is funny, because... I offered that, and no one seemed to like the idea... and it gets more funny because no one liked the idea because Liberty would totally loose everything then.

They don't have to lose ANYTHING if they don't agree to the event in the first place. That's why it's important to talk with the factions AND the devs to make these things happen.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Timmy - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:15 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: They don't have to lose ANYTHING if they don't agree to the event in the first place. That's why it's important to talk with the factions AND the devs to make these things happen.

Ahahaha! Liberty will never agree to event that includes loosing something of their own. So there's no point in your suggestion, sir.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Swifty - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:13 PM)Timmy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 04:10 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: So, you either have to take SPECIFIC STEPS to advance the story development via talking with Devs and faction leaders, and then MAKING EVENTS that actually have storyline consequences and outcomes, OR...you have to learn to just enjoy the fights individually as they come.

It is funny, because... I offered that, and no one seemed to like the idea... and it gets more funny because no one liked the idea because Liberty would totally loose everything then.

The idea is great.

But i have to disagree with you at one point. Even if most Liberty players are newbies flying happily their caps that have always dreamed for, there are skilled people too. Sometimes they lose sometimes they win.

But then this thought comes in my mind saying "hell, he might be right. What's gonna happen then?" That's probably the only reason the Devs will never agree with an event like that, i honestly don't see a better reason not to.

(10-24-2014, 04:18 PM)Timmy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 04:15 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: They don't have to lose ANYTHING if they don't agree to the event in the first place. That's why it's important to talk with the factions AND the devs to make these things happen.

Ahahaha! Liberty will never agree to event that includes loosing something of their own. So there's no point in your suggestion, sir.

The problem is also with attitudes like yours. Coming on forums and whining that you guys don't get to own all of Liberty because they are simply too scared and no match for your big, brave, Rheinland balls certainly doesn't help the problem, does it?

I think you'd find both Liberty and Devs more agreeable than you think, provided the events were actually well thought out and not simply "HEY! EVENT THIS WEEKEND TO SEE WHO OWNS TEXAS! YAY RHEINLAND!"

(10-24-2014, 04:20 PM)Carter Wrote: The idea is great.

But i have to disagree with you at one point. Even if most Liberty players are newbies flying happily their caps that have always dreamed for, there are skilled people too. Sometimes they lose sometimes they win.

But then this thought comes in my mind saying "hell, he might be right. What's gonna happen then?" That's probably the only reason the Devs will never agree with an event like that, i honestly don't see a better reason not to.

Yeap. Ofc Liberty have good players. I flew stuff there, still do sometimes. Rightfully can call myself one of the best capwhores there. But my skill just won't save me and you know why? Because Liberty is mostly about selfishness. And that goes on the way of fighting. They don't fight to win, they fight to get as much kills as they can. And that's the big problem which causes them to loose again and again.

(10-24-2014, 04:23 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: The problem is also with attitudes like yours. Coming on forums and whining that you guys don't get to own all of Liberty because they are simply too scared and no match for your big, brave, Rheinland balls certainly doesn't help the problem, does it?

I think you'd find both Liberty and Devs more agreeable than you think, provided the events were actually well thought out and not simply "HEY! EVENT THIS WEEKEND TO SEE WHO OWNS TEXAS! YAY RHEINLAND!"

And again you're wrong, sir.

Firstly about assuming that I am Rheinland-whore or w/e you decide to call it. I haven't played in Rheinland for a bit. I just recently joined [RM]. Like two days ago. And as the mater of fact, I have been playing in Liberty for like 3 out of 4 years I play on Discovery. And totally seen enough to make my opinion.

And secondly, you're wrong because the idea I suggested included a thoughtful preparation of event from the faction leaders and someone from admin or dev team. And still didn't get much support, none of dev or admin didn't even answer the thread.

Liberty won't be cooperative not because of lack of thoughts. It's just arrogance or something like that. It's just the same why Jack Henderson doesn't want to give up Java to GRN, which by any means of sense should have took control over it after the first CR official landing on it. And this case wasn't a single. Do you want to know the only reason why this didn't happen? Because Jack doesn't want IMG to loose stations. And devs support him on that.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - t0l - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:30 PM)Timmy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 04:23 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: The problem is also with attitudes like yours. Coming on forums and whining that you guys don't get to own all of Liberty because they are simply too scared and no match for your big, brave, Rheinland balls certainly doesn't help the problem, does it?

And again you're wrong, sir.

Firstly about assuming that I am Rheinland-whore or w/e you decide to call it. I haven't played in Rheinland for a bit. I just recently joined [RM]. Like two days ago. And as the mater of fact, I have been playing in Liberty for like 3 out of 4 years I play on Discovery. And totally seen enough to make my opinion.

And secondly, you're wrong because the idea I suggested included a thoughtful preparation of event from the faction leaders and someone from admin or dev team. And still didn't get much support, none of dev or admin didn't even answer the thread.

Liberty won't be cooperative not because of lack of thoughts. It's just arrogance or something like that. It's just the same why Jack Henderson doesn't want to give up Java to GRN, which by any means of sense should have took control over it after the first CR official landing on it. And this case wasn't a single. Do you want to know the only reason why this didn't happen? Because Jack doesn't want IMG to loose stations. And devs support him on that.

>"wah wah i cant kill 12 year olds and take over all of liberty wah"
>being this salty
>2014

Quote:And secondly, you're wrong because the idea I suggested included a thoughtful preparation of event from the faction leaders and someone from admin or dev team. And still didn't get much support, none of dev or admin didn't even answer the thread.

I don't know the specifics of your event suggestion (link?), so I can't answer as to that.

Quote:Liberty won't be cooperative not because of lack of thoughts. It's just arrogance or something like that. It's just the same why Jack Henderson doesn't want to give up Java to GRN, which by any means of sense should have took control over it after the first CR official landing on it. And this case wasn't a single. Do you want to know the only reason why this didn't happen? Because Jack doesn't want IMG to loose stations. And devs support him on that.

Which, if everything followed this precedent, then LN would have invaded and taken over Rochester long ago due to the Outcasts docking there, Rheinland would have taken over Breisen (Omega-7) for letting Hessians dock there, etc.

It's certainly understandable that people don't WANT to lose their stuff, whether it's bases, status, etc. But, I'm saying that simply coming on here and whining about it is not any kind of real answer to the problem. Folks need to be more pro-active and FIND a working solution that both sides WILL agree to. And if they never agree...then fine. The storyline remains in the hands of the Devs. You wanna change that? Become a dev. Otherwise....deal with it.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lythrilux - 10-24-2014

Honestly, I can't help but think that the only reason why we don't play a mod where in game actions actually effect the storyline is because where one thing is applicable somewhere, it needs to be applicable everywhere. Whereas we can probably get decent-ish fights in other areas of Sirius, Liberty is a newbie spawn pit and thus it's deemed 'unfair' to base Liberty's forces on them.

I for one say that we really need to just stop babying the players and actually turn this server into a proper RP server where in game actions do define the universe we play in. Actions without consequences is something that has certainly turned people off the mod.

We could easily just arrange events to dictate things if we absolutely have to. But I say that if Liberty can't defend itself due to it's own playerbase, then tough. Other games have features where in game actions affect the grand scale of things, and the players don't complain when things don't go their way.

An un-evolvng storyline based in an un-evolving universe gets pretty stale. Or rather, pre-determined events or progression is pretty lame.

(10-24-2014, 04:43 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Honestly, I can't help but think that the only reason why we don't play a mod where in game actions actually effect the storyline is because where one thing is applicable somewhere, it needs to be applicable everywhere. Whereas we can probably get decent-ish fights in other areas of Sirius, Liberty is a newbie spawn pit and thus it's deemed 'unfair' to base Liberty's forces on them.

I for one say that we really need to just stop babying the players and actually turn this server into a proper RP server where in game actions do define the universe we play in. Actions without consequences is something that has certainly turned people off the mod.

We could easily just arrange events to dictate things if we absolutely have to. But I say that if Liberty can't defend itself due to it's own playerbase, then tough. Other games have features where in game actions affect the grand scale of things, and the players don't complain when things don't go their way.

An un-evolvng storyline based in an un-evolving universe gets pretty stale. Or rather, pre-determined events or progression is pretty lame.

Except that this is what Disco has been for most of its existence, yes? And it used to have full servers all the time back in the "good ol' days."

How many players we gonna lose once Liberty is partitioned off by Rheinland, Kusari, Xenos, Rogues, Junkers, Lane Hackers, or anyone else that wants a piece of her?

Why don't we just cut to the chase and make Rheinland own half of Sirius, Gallia owns the other half, and Zoners own Omicrons?

Because this also puts ALL storyline and development in the hands of the PvPers, who could pretty much just ally together in any faction they want and then own WHATEVER they want. Hmm...maybe they'll all just join LWB and Farmers will own all of Rheinland?