Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - SkyNet - 10-22-2014

No, leave it like it is. Reset the gates and give us more reasons for activity.

The war must go on.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Gypsie Skripto - 10-22-2014

Make Rheinland attack Kusari. Say no more.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vrabcek - 10-22-2014

Ending the only action option Rheinlanders have nowadays would be a disaster. First there is the need of developing and encouraging other RP and PvP possibilities for those players, like trying to boost the Rheinland unlawful activity, without it Rheinland will end up like Kusari after ending the Kusari-Bret war.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Karst - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 09:39 PM)Laura C. Wrote: First and most important - this should be discussed with leaders of all Rheinland official factions. There was thread about perks for them and this is very good example of one of these perks. Otherwise they will once again feel that official status is useless.

I'd like to quote this as the most important statement so far.

I'm not against stopping the war in principle, and I think few people are. However, I voted no because this doesn't seem like a good way to address such things.
Having a public poll asking simply "yes/no" to stop the war, without going into any detail, does not produce a "result", if you can call it that, that represents what the people most affected by this actually think.

There are a number of alternatives to create wartime activity, sure, but how can I vote if there are some that I agree with, some I would totally disagree with?

If there's going to be changes in faction diplomacy, base statuses, routes, and so on, this is something the relevant factions should be consulted about. Something which hasn't exactly worked well in the past, either.

A "stop lib war yes/no" poll doesn't contain anywhere near enough information to make a decision.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Alley - 10-22-2014

The poll and this thread don't lead to a decision. It only allows people to debate on the issue of killing or not the activity if this happen.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lythrilux - 10-22-2014

Honestly, the proposal of orientating RM activity towards fighting Hessians does not seem enticing, nor does it sounds like a good replacement to the absolutely immense activity that the raids currently bring. And yes, they're also a lot of fun.

One thought I've had is that you shouldn't suddenly stop the war and then try and force RM and Hessians to create activity. That's unlikely to work (unless the pushers are really good but all that's really been said so far is kind of vague).
The best thing would be to slowly encourage RM-Hessian activity over time, and then once it's built up enough, you can slowly start to end this war. I don't think it'd be a good idea to try and change such a large thing all in the one update.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Laura C. - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 10:13 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: Make Rheinland attack Kusari. Say no more.

Makes completely no sense inRP. Their economy is damaged, our economy as well. Their fleet is damaged as well as ours. We are helping each other. Why should we attack them? Why should they make us to attack them? Oh and there is that little thing named GMG space between us...

And it´s very questionable if this will work activity wise.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vrabcek - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 09:39 PM)Laura C. Wrote: First and most important - this should be discussed with leaders of all Rheinland official factions.

What say do they have? I blame them for not being motivational enough to increase activity in Rheinland and relying only on the Liberty war. In the past factions were cooperating and trying to make an environment that would attract new people to go to Rheinland or existent Rheinland players to log in. I cannot see much of that lately.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Connor - 10-22-2014

I would honestly like to see Kusari going to war with someone.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - An'shur - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 10:54 PM)Snoopy Wrote: I would honestly like to see Kusari going to war with someone.

I'd welcome it as Kusari and Rheinland against Liberty.