Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lumik - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 12:06 AM)Tenacity Wrote: What they really need to do is remove gallia from the mod so we can get some activity back in the houses.

I wonder why people think that removing Gallia is some kind of magical cure which will populate houses again out of a blue. Gallia is known to be almost dead most of time, if we speak about house space (not fights outside of it). So where are those players which will then stop playing there and will start playing again in Sirius houses?

EDIT: Just an example, right now there is 31 players online at the moment. Three (!) of them are playing in Gallia systems. So sure, removing Gallia will really increase player count in rest of the game universe significantly. Wait, maybe not.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Gypsie Skripto - 10-23-2014

(10-22-2014, 10:39 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 10:13 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: Make Rheinland attack Kusari. Say no more.

Makes completely no sense inRP. Their economy is damaged, our economy as well. Their fleet is damaged as well as ours. We are helping each other. Why should we attack them? Why should they make us to attack them? Oh and there is that little thing named GMG space between us...

And it´s very questionable if this will work activity wise.

I beg to differ. If Rein war with LIB would end, Rein and Kus would be the only houses not at war with another house, and that'd lead to both thriving again. Such thriving would end up in competition, and the GMG can play various roles in this scenario. One of those could be them supporting Kus military and then the Dragons withdrawing their own support on GMG, leading to a Kusari at full scale war with both dragons and Rhein, but backed up a bit by GMG and Gallic privateers (since Gallia's navy is busy and I don't think Kus would like them in anyways). Kusari is the most warry house and it being at peace now just doesn't seem right.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Aphil - 10-23-2014

If the SCRA didn't have such terribly balanced ships we'd be more than happy to rile everyone up for activity. :3

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Tenacity - 10-23-2014

Quote:I wonder why people think that removing Gallia is some kind of magical cure which will populate houses again out of a blue. Gallia is known to be almost dead most of time, if we speak about house space (not fights outside of it). So where are those players which will then stop playing there and will start playing again in Sirius houses?

Because right around the time gallia was introduced to discovery is when the player population bombed. Everyone left (at least, all the vets left, and so few of us have bothered to come back).

Gallia is the root of discovery's problems, whether or not there are any players online in gallic systems.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Sciamach - 10-23-2014

Or we could just balance Gallia to make it not so over fucking powered according to Canon

supposedly its possible to build 50000 Valors from approx 5-6 systems

:|

Put it somewhere on par with Liberty and let the two of them duke it out

the outcome of the war to be determined by the official factions involved

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - t0l - 10-23-2014

End it.

The 11-cap Russian pubstomping ganksquad thing has been done to death for the last 4 years, and quite frankly we're all fed up with it.

I don't care if you get a massive hard-on from watching space America get the shaft, it never made sense to begin with and has offered nothing in the way of substantial roleplay other than Reptile's goons screaming "TEXASBURG TEXASBURG" all day. Oh, and 2 blown gates. That's it.

We both have bigger fish to fry. (GRN/RHA)

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vulkhard Muller - 10-23-2014

I would love to see the LWB/Hessians take over a station or two in Stuttgart or finish the whole take over of Dresden ( and maybe get a stationary battleship for the Hessians at the gate?)

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Wildkins - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 02:12 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: I would love to see the LWB/Hessians take over a station or two in Stuttgart

Plot twist: Planet Stuttgart goes Synth Foods IFF, Karlsruhe becomes Synth Foods battleship. Synth paramilitary begins hostile invasion of Omega-[insert number here] to destroy the Hessian threat once and for all.

In all seriousness, the war's been going for four years. Four -real- years. There are people who have joined this community, become admins, and then left this community in the time this war's been going. It's like beating a dead horse with another dead horse. Just end it already. Were this war a bread, calling it stale would be a complement.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Sciamach - 10-23-2014

Synth|Bread.Teleporter

Suddenly just got a whole new meaning C:

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Lobster - 10-23-2014

(10-22-2014, 11:43 PM)Alduin Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 10:56 PM)Anshur Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 10:54 PM)Snoopy Wrote: I would honestly like to see Kusari going to war with someone.

I'd welcome it as Kusari and Rheinland against Liberty.

This could work, Gallia monstering through Bretonia and hitting at Liberty in Magellan and Cortez forcing a wedge between the two allies and intensifying the cutting of direct supplies and reinforcements (already somewhat happening).

Then have the nations of Kusari and Rheinland (after sufficient consultation with Gallic powers that be) put there embattled fleets and resources together to open another (although weaker) pair of fronts (allowing Kusari and Rheinland fleets to work together on the two fronts in say Colorado and Texas) on the Liberty Military to somewhat distract Liberty and allow Gallia more time to savage the alliance by taking Bretonia even further down if not destroying it.

This in turn:

1. Keeps the Rheinland - Liberty conflict open (this seems to be a semi-liked conflict but possibly a bit stale with further things ahead to maybe help towards refreshing it)

2. Causes direct co-operation between Rheinland and Kusari fleets (as neither really has the power to fight a war on their own - Lore reasons obviously)

3. Causes in-direct co-operation between Kusari, Rheinland and Gallic Fleets (Imagine a co-ordinated two or three way raid for the defenders and also attackers, player numbers depending of course)

4. Increases the need for Liberty and Bretonia to hit back at what is increasingly looking like a losing fight.

5. This also allows for house intelligence agencies to increase foreign operations with the increase in military activity within their respective houses

6. This might be a bit extreme, but you could also throw in some sort of Wilde and Nomad thing here where they want to see this war carry on (in order to wear down every ones fleets) so either directly or indirectly can "help" either side to further their own cause (sabotage a winning sides incoming supplies/reinforcements or intervene in a losing sides conflict (not teaming up, merely destroying a key ship or two then dissapearing).

( This is merely my input and i know not all will agree if any, its only an opinion so please no raging against the machine Big Grin )

This idea has merit in my eyes.