Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Privateer ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Bretonian Privateer ID (/showthread.php?tid=122073)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bretonian Privateer ID - Fluffyball - 10-22-2014

I must say Description contradicts with actual lines. In desc, BP cannot attack inside Bretonian territory. But on actual lines, we are allowed to attack EVERY ship that is not Bretonian or Allied (Libertonian).

Also, what with the rule if I am BP allied with Outcast, but caught in Cortez by Liberty Navy? The rule of Bretonian Allied is omnitted here? Or I am forced to withdraw?

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Highland Laddie - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 09:28 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I must say Description contradicts with actual lines. In desc, BP cannot attack inside Bretonian territory. But on actual lines, we are allowed to attack EVERY ship that is not Bretonian or Allied (Libertonian).

Also, what with the rule if I am BP allied with Outcast, but caught in Cortez by Liberty Navy? The rule of Bretonian Allied is omnitted here? Or I am forced to withdraw?

Part of this would depend on who you were hunting in Cortez. You obviously shouldn't be hunting Liberty or Bretonian corps, which really makes up about 70% of the traffic there.

If you really want to be a Bret Privateer, you should be operating in the Taus or Gallic borderlands, or even partly in Kusari, as you should have no trouble finding targets to kill there (IMG, Gauls, Kusari, Zoners, Freelancers, Rheinlanders, etc.)

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Apollon - 10-22-2014

As a Privateer, who is being fed and supplied by BAF and BIS you are bound to obey the laws and regulations being put, that means no messing with diplomacy, treat Bretonia's allies with respect. To Bretonia, Liberty comes first though.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Fluffyball - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 09:33 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 09:28 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I must say Description contradicts with actual lines. In desc, BP cannot attack inside Bretonian territory. But on actual lines, we are allowed to attack EVERY ship that is not Bretonian or Allied (Libertonian).

Part of this would depend on who you were hunting in Cortez. You obviously shouldn't be hunting Liberty or Bretonian corps, which really makes up about 70% of the traffic there.

If you really want to be a Bret Privateer, you should be operating in the Taus or Gallic borderlands, or even partly in Kusari, as you should have no trouble finding targets to kill there (IMG, Gauls, Kusari, Zoners, Freelancers, Rheinlanders, etc.)

My ID restricts me only to Rishiri and Nagano. I can't enter Kyushu for example, because that's not my ZOI. And I was asking more about situation, what if I was caught with an Outcast for, I don't know, some other reasons? I am forced to withdraw or to change my "ally" instantly?

Also, why isn't Kyushu in BP ZOI, as Kusari Police is enemy on the initial reputation?

And no other problems aside this, since I would be flying mostly in Taus. Plot is that some Kusarian folks joined the Privateers ranks (in fact received letter of the marque), because they were pissed about Gallic influence in Kusari. This vessel is not, however, "official" QCP faction.

(10-22-2014, 09:33 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: As a Privateer, who is being fed and supplied by BAF and BIS you are bound to obey the laws and regulations being put, that means no messing with diplomacy, treat Bretonia's allies with respect. To Bretonia, Liberty comes first though.

I was just asking about clarification, because it wasn't clear, since line says I can demand cargo and attack inside ZOI. Bretonia is within ZOI, so... hence the question. I know I can't attack Brets and Libertonians, but what about Kusari Corps? Or freelance traders? Follow the desc then?

Edit: How does Curacao Treaty and Bretonia-Kusari Treaty work with Bretonian Privateers?

I just want to do my best and not to make screw-ups, hence all these questions.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Officer Barnikel - 10-22-2014

Quote:Edit: How does Curacao Treaty and Bretonia-Kusari Treaty work with Bretonian Privateers?

Good question.

As the Officer who tried to deescalate such a situation today, I would like to hear more feedback.

Kudos, though : it was fun ;-)

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Binski - 10-22-2014

Bret privateer ID should be simplified for its ZOI, and could be simply no attacking ships inside Liberty, Bretonia or Rheinland, almost like a Junker, with exception of being able to attack corps/factions at war with Bretonia inside Bretonia house space. If bretonia privateers go outside the houses, let such dealings be left to unfold inrp.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Sciamach - 10-23-2014

Bret Privateers should just be Outcasts :|

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Fluffyball - 10-23-2014

Now I have a lot of doubt here. I have a map of Sirius, where... Baffin counts as Tau, but Drake and Inverness, being just theoretically Bretonian territory, is Western Independant.

http://hendrik0.home.xs4all.nl/pics/Dev/CombinedMap487.png

Can someone clarify it? With this: I have no access to Drake, Inverness (while I should have, because it is labeled as Bretonian territory), but I gain access to Baffin, Roussillon (?!) and... Tottori? I thought it belongs to Kusari?

Edit:

I managed to do THIS, on the basis of the given map, which shows regions:

[Image: 7m0OoJU.png]

I can understand Tau 63, because BD. I can understand Coronado, because it is Colonial territory. But Drake and Inverness?
Now, contrasting it with ID ZOI:
Bretonia, Tau Borderworlds, Omegas, Magellan, Cortez. Now: define Drake and Inverness.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - WesternPeregrine - 10-23-2014

Because your map is outdated. Use this one

Even better, use the system classification list, and compare it to the systems stated on the ID. It should clear much of your doubts about the ZOI.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Highland Laddie - 10-23-2014

why would you want to go to Drake as a privateer ? it's a wilde system. not exactly somewhere for you to be pirating