Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Privateer ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Bretonian Privateer ID (/showthread.php?tid=122073)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - larzac - 10-23-2014

as you said, for rules matters (so ID matters) use this list, only!

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Fluffyball - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 03:19 PM)larzac Wrote: as you said, for rules matters (so ID matters) use this list, only!

So I follow the infocard, where Nagano and Rishiri is Tau BW. AND the list, where it is Kusari, but I am free to pirate there. I was even told it is Kusari BW, so... I understand nothing.

Also the issue is that Bretonian Privateer is... unlawful ID. Not quasi-lawful, but unlawful. How does the list apply then?

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - WesternPeregrine - 10-23-2014

Infocards don't count rulewise, not even the faction descriptions.

For lore, sure, descriptions and infocards help understand the factions and systems.

For actions however, ID rules and server rules are paramount. The system list are part of the rules, and the zoi in the Id rules are regulated by those server rules.

Sure, Nagano is a backwater system, but then again, it is a Kusari backwater system.

(10-23-2014, 03:40 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Infocards don't count rulewise, not even the faction descriptions.

For lore, sure, descriptions and infocards help understand the factions and systems.

For actions however, ID rules and server rules are paramount. The system list are part of the rules, and the zoi in the Id rules are regulated by those server rules.

Sure, Nagano is a backwater system, but then again, it is a Kusari backwater system.

How does Sigma-17 with Kurile is different from Nagano with Tomioka then, out of topic a bit?

According to these rules, I can pirate freely in Rishiri, but I can't in Nagano, where it would make much more sense. Also, how does list for quasi-lawful pirating apply to the unlawful piracy, which BP ID is for?

Off-topic - It's different because:

KNF has it's zoi extended there, while Hogosha don't.
Otherwise, it's a backwater region, partially colonized by a Kusari corporation, whose only connections to home space are through the independent GMG systems.

Nagano is connected to home system by a border system, with little Kusari assets present.
This is as best I can describe. Hopefully others can point out more relevant points that show the difference between the two systems.

Shinju explained me like this:
Shinju Wrote:War with Kusari is over
No need for Privateers to be there [in Nagano - T.]

(10-23-2014, 02:49 PM)WPeregrine Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 09:53 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 12:53 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: What about supporting GC or Outcasts against Kusari?

If the Id has a line that say it can ally with unlawfuls, or with GC and Outcasts specifically, perhaps yes. A full and updated description of the ID posted would be nice to check this.
Edit: seen the quote below, so I guess that's a yes. However outside of the zoi, you are under their gameplay, and can't do your work on your own.

(10-23-2014, 02:12 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 02:06 PM)larzac Wrote: Can you copy Bretonia Privaters ID plz, the one on the wiki is from 4.86.

Lemme log... ZOI goes like this:
Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia*, Taus**, Omegas***, Gallic Border Worlds.

* Magellan, Cortez, Inverness are systems bordering Bretonia.
** Baffin, Orkney, Nagano, Rishiri are Tau Border Worlds systems.
***Saar, Cayman are Omega Border Worlds systems.

I have based all the info onto in-game infocards. Not wiki, not maps, but onto infocards of the systems and the ID itself.

Lines are:
(Omnitted first three, because they are about engaging and demanding inside ZOI),
- Cannot ally with anyone except with Bretonian lawfuls, GC, Outcasts, Council and Maquis.
- Cannot use transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

So, in short, natural borders for Bretonian Privateers' ZOI are: Coronado, Liberty, Kusari, Gallia Core Worlds, Rheinland and Omicrons.

I think the whole misunderstandment with ZOI came from the fact I was not sure what should I follow.

Edit 2: I will follow ruleset from here.

Edit 3: I just dropped the idea for BP ID because to the more flaws than advantages while being hired by the other guy. Devs, please update infocards in the game, because Nagano is not Tau Border Worlds anymore.

RE: Bretonian Privateer ID - Fluffyball - 10-26-2014

I have just dropped the idea for BP ID because of more flaws than advantages (both for RP as Kusarian and while being hired by the other player.) Devs, please update infocards in the game, because Nagano is not Tau Border Worlds anymore. I mounted Freelancer ID, because it doesn't screw up rep much, I can't pirate sadly - yet I can help either lawfuls and unlawfuls, which is nice.

Topic is to be closed.