Discovery Gaming Community
npc garbage - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: npc garbage (/showthread.php?tid=122129)

npc garbage - Binski - 10-24-2014

Honestly,

NPC's ruin everything. It makes it impossible to plausibly pursue someone if you have to wait behind them at every jumpgate, and yes now JUMPHOLES as well. Especially at jumpholes now, i find that npcs lock on, and then yer stuck there or have to go around another way. Bounty hunting is a joke, if whether you catch your prey (especially in the right place) or not depends on if there are npcs in line up ahead of you.

Is it really impossible after all these years, to fix this? to make it so that if you go to jump, it prioritizes on the player, not the npcs? because this is just ridiculous, all your work doing this or that, undone by a stupid bug, it really makes me wonder, why bother do this if it all can depend on that? I have found this to be very hindering over the last few weeks, even when not chasing someone.

RE: npc garbage - Freeport7 - 10-24-2014

Yeah. I would be fine if npcs just didn!t use JG nor JH ever.

RE: npc garbage - Lythrilux - 10-24-2014

NPC amounts seemed to have increased recently. They're like swarms of flies: highly annoying and not useful at all.
Please can we grab the fly swatter and have a mass removal against them? They're tiresome and bothersome.

RE: npc garbage - Binski - 10-24-2014

Tiresome, and i feel like the next time i lose a target over this, i'm going to need to be committed. A lot of work and effort goes to the wayside over a simple game mechanic fail. Make them fly in circles or something, they don't actually jump through to anywhere when the 'jump', so there's no point in jamming up the doors with them.

RE: npc garbage - Highland Laddie - 10-24-2014

Hmm...the solution to the problem must be: Bring back Missions! More NPCs! Woot! /sarcasm.

RE: npc garbage - nOmnomnOm - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:35 PM)mickis Wrote: Yeah. I would be fine if npcs just didn!t use JG nor JH ever.

+1 for this solution.

I would also like to see corsair missions back

RE: npc garbage - Wildkins - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 04:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: NPC amounts seemed to have increased recently. They're like swarms of flies: highly annoying and not useful at all.
Please can we grab the fly swatter and have a mass removal against them? They're tiresome and bothersome.

They probably increased because server population decreased.

(nerd)

RE: npc garbage - Lythrilux - 10-25-2014

(10-24-2014, 09:55 PM)John Wildkins Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 04:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: NPC amounts seemed to have increased recently. They're like swarms of flies: highly annoying and not useful at all.

(nerd)
I dunno man. I don't recall getting swarmed by 7 fighters or 4 gunboats when there were 50-ish on the server...

RE: npc garbage - pillow - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 01:15 AM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 09:55 PM)John Wildkins Wrote:

(nerd)
I dunno man. I don't recall getting swarmed by 7 fighters or 4 gunboats when there were 50-ish on the server...

That. I remember when NPC fleets didn't ruin a pirate's day because the server pop was low. Good times.

I also remember how because of this amazinghorse of a NPC count, a LPI player CDed my pirate, Rogue, and the CD hit a stupid Liberator NPC instead. Causing every single other NPC to shoot the - LPI - player and not the - Rogue - player instead, ruining my interaction and destroying the remaining logic that was in Liberty.