Discovery Gaming Community
Why has activity been so low this week? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why has activity been so low this week? (/showthread.php?tid=122170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - SnakThree - 10-25-2014

Then rephrase it differently, for you are obviously trying to spite the fact Gallia is here. Gallia isn't the fault of player decrease. It's the stale nature of mod, slow pace of development, outdated engine and graphics and simple boredom from the same old same old.

Gallia is empty as it is. If it detracts maximum 5 players from Sirius at any given moment, then hate Connecticut more, because it detracts 5 players on average.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - |nfrared - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 07:43 PM)Vredes Wrote: Too much work and learning to be bothered with the ***** and drama in disco.

Probably this. It gets intense here sometimes, where to maintain our investment of fun becomes a painful chore. People are (hopefully) just taking a break.

If you want a bit of new life in the mod,

1) Make credits easier to earn for everyone. We all know the current grind system is there to maintain vets monopoly money dictatorship, surely you don't think we can't see that?

2) Organise server events again. Mining rotation is a good start, but refer to number 1 and you'll see why people aren't bothering.

3) Profit.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Alvin - 10-25-2014

Slightly bored of disco, but not enough to leave...yet

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Laura C. - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 09:21 PM)|nfrared Wrote: 1) Make credits easier to earn for everyone. We all know the current grind system is there to maintain vets monopoly money dictatorship, surely you don't think we can't see that?

Are you kidding? Making credits was never easier in Discovery´s history than now. You are able make enough credits for capital ship within few days. So what are you talking about? That it should be possible within few hours or what?

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - |nfrared - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 09:57 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 09:21 PM)|nfrared Wrote: 1) Make credits easier to earn for everyone. We all know the current grind system is there to maintain vets monopoly money dictatorship, surely you don't think we can't see that?

Are you kidding? Making credits was never easier in Discovery´s history than now. You are able make enough credits for capital ship within few days. So what are you talking about? That it should be possible within few hours or what?

I'll rephrase then. It was never easier for certain elite groups than it was now. Lets buff cardamine. Let's buff premium scrap. Lets make it so playing only 5 factions on the server is profitable and everyone else is in the stone age.

Not everyone wants to play a Junker.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - SnakThree - 10-25-2014

One can make money for CAU8 in a week on any corporate indie if he has the brains to figure out best routes.

Oh hell, I make CAU8 on my Ageira CAU8 Bison in a week, while having fun repelling criminals in the process. Grinding was never that fun for me.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Eonaros - 10-25-2014

|nfrared Wrote:Not everyone wants to play a Junker.

You don't have to be a Junker to be rich. I myself back in 2012 I traded and did a lot missions to earn money.

Starting to play is hard, but once you get into it , it goes easier later on. There are some other factions where you can make money too.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Mímir - 10-25-2014

You can make buckets of credits fast on more or less any ID. Way too fast IMO.

I don't know what that's got to do with any group in specific or server activity in general.

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Sciamach - 10-25-2014

Dunno about other places but I've got midterms around this time so... That may have somethin to do with it

That and in what spare time I've had, I've been playing Rimworld, Homeworld 2, or some Left4Dead

RE: Why has activity been so low this week? - Chrystoph - 10-26-2014

(10-25-2014, 09:57 PM)Laura C. Wrote:

Don't know the history of disco that well, but concur.