Discovery Gaming Community
*.fl file naming and ship name edits - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: *.fl file naming and ship name edits (/showthread.php?tid=122184)

*.fl file naming and ship name edits - Goultek - 10-26-2014

Hello all

I just washed up here but I have an important question about freelancer and the ship files

Are there any specific rules or code tricks to rename a ship/file?

I run freelancer with FLAC and Ioncross, all works great until I get my program to do edits on the files...

I created a program to maintain player files such as deleting unused ships, flag new and deleted ships, delete empty folders, check for cash errors and all kinds of errors in the file, all works well so far and I can edit all the contents of the ship file, reps, equipment, palyer faction, cash etc, this all works just fine and I can even add new NPC factions without problems

But every-time I try to edit the name of ship (my program is supposed to be able to rename ships in mass by account etc), FLAC plays up and wont recognize the ship though I can log on to the server and play just fine, but as the bank runs over FLAC, it only works partially and admin commands fail on the ship except /beam and /addcash

I tried renaming the ship-file itself when renaming a ship (for adding or removing clan/faction tags) and respecting the 11 char and hex code of the file name such as 0a-123b9ff5.fl but its not enough, FLAC wont have it what ever i do, I even tried to hack into the FLAC DB and Ioncross DB to update ship names and file names as I edit the ship-names, but it still wont have it even after doing the edits with server, FLAC and ioncross offline... something somewhere wont update right and wont have my name changes as it is supposed to...

To me it seems that the file name is somehow dependent of the ship name, but I just can't figure out how to calculate the file name depending on the ship name... I can edit anything inside the file without problems but the ship name as it shows online without having FLAC go wild...

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this name change issue of mine I have when I rename ships with my program, there is an error somewhere, but got not even a shimmering light of what it is

Many thanks in advance for your kind help

Goultek

(sorry if my english is not perfect, I live in France and come from Austria...)

RE: *.fl file naming and ship name edits - Remnant - 10-26-2014

Hey there! Sadly I am not really that familiar with any methods to do what you want, I do however know of a program which may be able to accomplish what you're looking for.

Click me!

DS Account Manager can manage any of your ships on your game with ease, including a rename. Hope this can make your job a little easier.

If this wasn't what you were looking for, I apologize. I can't help much more on the matter. Perhaps someone else may be able to.

Edit: I only know this works on Discovery, I see you haven't specified which Freelancer system you're running. It may work elsewhere, I am unsure however.

RE: *.fl file naming and ship name edits - Goultek - 10-26-2014

Thx

Had a look at it, but didn't find anything in it that changes the ship name, maybe I'm blind?

RE: *.fl file naming and ship name edits - Goultek - 10-29-2014

Bump

Anyone with ideas on my issue?

RE: *.fl file naming and ship name edits - Remnant - 10-30-2014

[Image: a8ec21cbf9.png]

Give that button a try.

RE: *.fl file naming and ship name edits - Echo 7-7 - 10-30-2014

Are you trying to change the ship's internal name, or the displayed name (what you see in-game)?

Note that the ship's internal name is not always the same as the model .cmp or .mat file names.

The data for displayed names is stored in .DLL files; a tool like FLStat will help you identify the relevant IDS numbers.