Discovery Gaming Community
Playing some XCOM... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Playing some XCOM... (/showthread.php?tid=122252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Playing some XCOM... - Rodent - 10-27-2014

Let's get some basic questions out of the way.

What is XCOM?

This should help.

In a nutshell, it's a turn-based tactics game where you control small squads of soldiers to fend off an alien invasion. Said soldiers can be customized. Combine those and I decided to have some fun. Starting a game with all the expansions and stuff, plus the long war mod.

What is Long War?

Without going into too many details, basically a total overhaul that makes the game harder, but also gives you far more tactical options to deal with said difficulty. It also necessiates having a large soldier pool.

So What is this about?

Not much, just me playing a run of the above, but each soldier is named after a member of the disco community. I decided to play about a month into the campaign to build up a squad before sharing it, and here come the screenshots.

Roster #1
Roster #2
Roster #3
Roster #4

That's the current squad. There are a still quite a few people that are waiting for their debut mission. Putting up a list of those that have gone on missions with screenshots when I have taken 'em.

That's what I have. Going into the second month and things are going to get much harder, but maybe the reservists waiting for their chance will finally get it. keep in mind, character models and names are randomly selected by the game, so if you're genderbent or look strange, that's the game's fault. I know I am not a Nigerian with ginger eyebrows at least.

Made this thread for my own amusement and the fact that the few people I shared anecdotes with seemed to be amused by it.

And yeah, a few people have already succumbed to death. Won't mention their names for the time being.

If you want me to do certain things, feel free to comment, or ask for updates on how your namesake is doing. It's all cool.

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Teerin - 10-27-2014

This is indeed amusing, with a nice amount of cool mixed in. I'm staying tuned - don't kill me off too fast!

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Lythrilux - 10-27-2014

I'm the main.

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Backo - 10-27-2014

If I ever become British I'll be sure to turn ginger as well so I guess it's pretty accurate. Also you missed an "L".

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Wildkins - 10-27-2014

(10-27-2014, 07:36 PM)Rodent Wrote: And yeah, a few people have already succumbed to death.

;-; rip me

RE: Playing some XCOM... - TheSauron - 10-27-2014

Hueh.

I want to be there too. I bet it'll make me a female Nigerian with ginger eyebrows. D:

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Rodent - 10-27-2014

(10-27-2014, 07:45 PM)TheSauron Wrote: Hueh.

I want to be there too. I bet it'll make me a female Nigerian with ginger eyebrows. D:

Nothing wrong with that. They're stronk.

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Shinju - 10-27-2014

Hmmmmmmmm (mm)

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Apollon - 10-27-2014

Brb, downloading X-Com.

RE: Playing some XCOM... - Apollon - 10-27-2014

Oh crap, I need a pirated one tho.