Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=122323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jumpdrives - Gypsie Skripto - 11-01-2014

That thread's cargo hold limit restriction states that ships with less than 3601 cargo hold space can jump. I take it that you've fixed it and liners that fit that cargo ammount can jump again? (eg: Pilgrim Liner, Bret Liner)

RE: Jumpdrives - Zayne Carrick - 11-01-2014

Zayne's back and the first news he sees already makes him happy.
I approve, although this should've been done a year ago.

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 12-29-2014

Still thinking. What is pushing you to make transports more than 3600 to jump too? Or barges? As far as i know all pirates can pirate transports till they filling themselves with some ore. Or tofill a whole barge for jump you need a real lot of time. Single barge filling with any ore takes around 30 min if 1 guy doing that. 15 if 2, around 10 if 3 or 4. Also you need big group to jump and bring more fun to it. Also if you see alot of ships in 1 system and you know where they will jump you can go to that location and pirate them there. I don't get it why people say that with jumptrading dies RP. You can RP when they are mining there or when they delivering cargo to sell point. Or you think that t's more fun when some transports flying alound and you stopping them. If you ask me... When i fly transport all over the galaxy i see alot of pirates. But none of them are pirating properly. If you pirating do your job and let your victim go. But 70% of all pirates are just f****ng your brains and then you got little chance that they will let you go. Otherwize you will open fire yourself just to make them shut up. I don't see any RP in that. And yes. i'm not only jump trading))). When we had a big group we fased alot of pirates, so i don't think that there is no RP in jumptrading. I just think that you don't want to look for it, want to have everything on plate. Also i'm not seeing RP in all actions when 1 man is in many off factions. In trading and pirate. Or pirate and police or military. What's the point of that? See when convoy starts and attack? That's not interesting. Well it's only my point of vew. Others maybe think otherwize.

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 12-29-2014

People are still jumping jump scrap via salvagers since that has less than 3,600 cargo. Given that the ship itself already has enough bonuses, is this still abuse of the system, or do the admins see this as fair?

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 12-29-2014

We've jumped P-Scrap too. in big numbers. Around 7-8 ships and almost all the time. And we saw alot of pirates that were taxing us. So i see RP in that. Don't know why you don't. Also with Silver ore, Uncut diamonds, Gold (ALOOOT of pirates). Just jump trade makes you to move alittle and if you won't your loot will be gone from system and appear in another one. I just think that all people that don't see any RP in jump trading are just too lazy to fly. I would like to see all transports to jump. Even barges. Because it's very hard to fill a whole barge. To move it to jump position. To plase jump ship so it could jump barge too. You don't know how hard is that. To operate in quet so noone knew that you preparing a jump You just screaming alot that it's not in RP. And again it's just my opinion.

RE: Jumpdrives - Garrett Jax - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 05:14 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: Still thinking. What is pushing you to make transports more than 3600 to jump too? Or barges? As far as i know all pirates can pirate transports till they filling themselves with some ore. Or tofill a whole barge for jump you need a real lot of time. Single barge filling with any ore takes around 30 min if 1 guy doing that. 15 if 2, around 10 if 3 or 4. Also you need big group to jump and bring more fun to it. Also if you see alot of ships in 1 system and you know where they will jump you can go to that location and pirate them there. I don't get it why people say that with jumptrading dies RP. You can RP when they are mining there or when they delivering cargo to sell point. Or you think that t's more fun when some transports flying alound and you stopping them. If you ask me... When i fly transport all over the galaxy i see alot of pirates. But none of them are pirating properly. If you pirating do your job and let your victim go. But 70% of all pirates are just f****ng your brains and then you got little chance that they will let you go. Otherwize you will open fire yourself just to make them shut up. I don't see any RP in that. And yes. i'm not only jump trading))). When we had a big group we fased alot of pirates, so i don't think that there is no RP in jumptrading. I just think that you don't want to look for it, want to have everything on plate. Also i'm not seeing RP in all actions when 1 man is in many off factions. In trading and pirate. Or pirate and police or military. What's the point of that? See when convoy starts and attack? That's not interesting. Well it's only my point of vew. Others maybe think otherwize.

Nice. Digging up old threads and bypassing the swear filter too. Tell me, why did we unban you again?

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 05:28 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: We've jumped P-Scrap too. in big numbers. Around 7-8 ships and almost all the time. And we saw alot of pirates that were taxing us. So i see RP in that. Don't know why you don't. Also with Silver ore, Uncut diamonds, Gold (ALOOOT of pirates). Just jump trade makes you to move alittle and if you won't your loot will be gone from system and appear in another one. I just think that all people that don't see any RP in jump trading are just too lazy to fly. I would like to see all transports to jump. Even barges. Because it's very hard to fill a whole barge. To move it to jump position. To plase jump ship so it could jump barge too. You don't know how hard is that. To operate in quet so noone knew that you preparing a jump You just screaming alot that it's not in RP. And again it's just my opinion.

Barge jumping was disabled for the very reason you just described. In fact I think all jump trading should be barred as it removes player interaction.

If all traders supplying a POB had to fly everywhere to get the commodities needed for a build rather than jumping there then there would be more chances for police and pirates to intercept you. Jump trading removes that possibility for interaction which is sad.

Jumping is a military tactic and as such only capital ships and snubs should be able to use it. Traders should be completely grounded.

RE: Jumpdrives - Fluffyball - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 06:43 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Jumping is a military tactic and as such only capital ships and snubs should be able to use it. Traders should be completely grounded.

There's other way, which gives new RP opportunities, such as Battleship + traders around it, as described in the Kusari Law Codex. Neat and way better that solo-trader jumping.

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 06:50 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 06:43 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Jumping is a military tactic and as such only capital ships and snubs should be able to use it. Traders should be completely grounded.

There's other way, which gives new RP opportunities, such as Battleship + traders around it, as described in the Kusari Law Codex. Neat and way better that solo-trader jumping.

A solo trader cannot jump, because trader ships do not have the powercore to operate a Jumpdrive. The reason why you see traders around a battleship jumping is because the battleship is the one that has the jump drive and can operate it.

This is how traders jump trade by crowding round a bs with an mk4 Jumpdrive.

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 12-30-2014

And why you want to intercept? Why don't you just fly there and get him there before jump? I was doing that all the time. And yes you got a point. Jumping have a great benefit to military. Strike and run tactic))))). Tested Big Grin
Edit: Not all jumpships that jumping with you are allowed to area where you jump, so that brings you alot of problems too). Even Zoner carrier can't fly to Omicron Alpha freely. It will be forced to leave the area or will be killed. Also tested.
And sorry Garret. You can say that i just woke up after 5 months sleep. Just saw this threat. When you unbanned me? I'm still banned...