Discovery Gaming Community
Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds (/showthread.php?tid=122348)

Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Stoner_Steve - 10-30-2014

Currently the Border Worlds Transport has 100 less units of cargo than the Serenity. I believe this is in error and should be changed for the following reasons.

For Reference:
The Serenity has 100,000 base armor
5000/50000 Power Output
450 Bats and Bots
CD and CM

The BWT has 95,000 base armor
5000/45000 Power Output
400 Bats and Bots
CD and CM

Both vessel infocards imply that they are heavily armed and armored with a large cargo bay. Traditionally as well the BWT and Firefly (now Serenity) both had the same stats(ish), the Firefly was slightly more armored but had less turrets than the BWT. Now the Serenity has two fewer turrets but 100 more cargo, 5000 armor, 50 more bats and bots, and 5000 more power as well. Additionally the Serenity is 2.5 million credits less than the BWT.

On those grounds I believe the BWT's cargo hold should be increased by 100 units

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Alvin - 10-30-2014

BWT could do with a remodel too

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Vulkhard Muller - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 07:51 PM)Alvin Wrote: BWT could do with a remodel too

I would love to see the bwt get some love make it more rugged. This thing is supposed to zip around nomad space so why does ot have less armor and core then the Serenity? Also, its subpar in everyway I propose make it more armored and keep the core and cargo space.Given its made to traverse the Omegas to the Omicrons it should have enough hull to be there.

On the remodel: no, easily the best looking trans in game. If it gets changed reuse it for something else.

Another note on the serenity generic civilian please? So i can have blue death cannons on my ship Big Grin

Typed on phone sorry fpr typos

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Highland Laddie - 10-30-2014

Why make duplicate ships in all but model? Let them have their own uniqueness: Serenity has traded guns for additional armor and cargo space. What's wrong with that?

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Vulkhard Muller - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 09:41 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Why make duplicate ships in all but model? Let them have their own uniqueness: Serenity has traded guns for additional armor and cargo space. What's wrong with that?

Not sure about OP but I know I feel that By Rp PoV the BWT Should be the heavier of the two.

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Syrus - 10-31-2014

My opinion: switch the cargo spaces.
Make BWT have 3.6k, Serenity 3.5k.

That should be enough to balance the differences. I even thought it was like that tbh.

Only thing that I don't like about the BWT is the cockpit model/texture-wise. Also, I hope the Serenity finally has its turret arcs fixed? Or at least ... that they will be fixed with the next update.

RE: Border Worlds Transport and Serenity Cargo Holds - Badperson - 10-31-2014

(10-31-2014, 04:49 AM)Syrus Wrote: My opinion: switch the cargo spaces.
Make BWT have 3.6k, Serenity 3.5k.

That should be enough to balance the differences. I even thought it was like that tbh.

Only thing that I don't like about the BWT is the cockpit model/texture-wise. Also, I hope the Serenity finally has its turret arcs fixed? Or at least ... that they will be fixed with the next update.

Already fixed. 7 backwards, 6 forwards.

Instead of changing ship stats, change the ship prices.